[PS4/XB1] We will be entering maintenance on 08/19 at 7pm, and expect a downtime of approximately 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Fishing is true end game?

Comments

• gheneaghenea ✭✭
    edited June 4
    Krystaline wrote: »
    When I actually sit at the keyboard, pop a fish salad and reel the fish in manually while watching tv, I can easily end up with 8 - 10 BAFs in that 30 minutes. If someone is using a script that catches 2 fish per minute and runs all day, and that script doesn't fail on BAFs, that's going to be a lot more than 4 - 5 that day. I've never used it so I have no idea if it's got a time limit on it or has to be reset regularly or whatever. My math was based on the "1500-2500 fish a day" that AMFKKM74E7 mentioned.

By "mid-tier" I meant the grade of fish - common, uncommon, rare, superior. I fish with a fairy wing rod (or whatever it's called) that I just enchanted to III this morning.

Also, 60 fish (which is the max you can catch using crafted bait and no bot assistance) earns me around 90 - 100m xp, depending on the level of fish caught. Your estimate of 100 - 120m at best using a mod, top tier everything and whiskers is ridiculously low, otherwise WHY even bot when you can achieve almost the same thing afk fishing "honestly."

amfkkmwhatever doesnt know what he/she is talking about, dont bother basing anything on their "estimate."
    and i didnt say "top tier everything", i said tier v rod, since you mentioned mid tier

i dont use the script either, but i am in discords where i envisioned the math and what exactly they pull off... and it barely goes over 120m per hr with mid tier rod; "manually edited" scripts are something else, basic "normal" ones emulate human speed without fail.
  • well maintence over, no bams, should i start seek this bot to afk fish too?
    i m confuse... EME seens dont care.
  • well maintence over, no bams, should i start seek this bot to afk fish too?

I can at least say that they're aware of the issue. I don't know what their approach will be, but they have banned people for fish botting before. People who do it are doing so at their own risk.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    They could always add in an afk time limit?

Either way, while people are chatting about a Green New Deal, BHS has found a way to encourage people to leave their computers on day and night in order to afk the game. Personally, I have no idea why a game would want people to sit on it all day and night. These bots along with 24 hour fisherpeople are drowning the economy and causing the prices of everything to go beyond crazy.

But hey, at least they made it so us little guardian legion doers have a tougher go of it. Do a quest, redeem a box and turn in two vanguards. Oh no, can't have that! Vanguards are causing inflation, but afking for boatloads of gold is just fine. Real nice.
    well maintence over, no bams, should i start seek this bot to afk fish too?

I can at least say that they're aware of the issue. I don't know what their approach will be, but they have banned people for fish botting before. People who do it are doing so at their own risk.

I think the main point of this is "Why is BHS so stupid?" How did they not see the vulnerability and total exploit of this?
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    ghenea wrote: »
    ghenea wrote: »
    not justifying them, but honestly its like sentencing people to death penality for stealing an apple, that is what you are asking for there.

I was waiting for someone to actually come and defend the botters, I guess you're it. I suppose someone who steals a candy bar shouldn't be sentenced to a maximum security prison. Because it's not like stealing is stealing, whether or not it's small potatoes like a candy bar or a big deal like a ponzi scheme.

i legit said i am not defending em, but i can understand them, while i do not understand your (yours in general) reasons for being so conceived when there are way worse problems *and* hacks that actually ruin playing experience for everyone.
    stealing is stealing, but are you one of those "awesome" people thinking that stealing a candy should be punished just like you would punish someone committing heavy fraud? and while you insist on picking on the easiest fight to win against poor ppl stealing apples, you let the big guys up there do as they please while letting your game fall into dirt. gg.

actually here we aint even talking about something that can be compared to stealing, as noone is losing anything from their existence, so the comparison is wrong under that point of view: noone loses anything from ppl getting that infinitely small exp from hours afk - not you, not me, not the ops, not even devs.
    yeah, cheating is wrong, but punishing one by one and making the playerbase even smaller aint gonna fix a thing, that i can tell for sure: true botters will just make other accounts to keep farming, so it wont affect them at all, while "legit" players who just wanted to round up some exp will just leave without even bothering sending a ticket, and for what? so that you can push your unshakable ethical values on a game?

i know this kind of opinion may be unpopular but i uh, honestly dont care, i just answer to my own conscience and that conscience tells me the problem is deeper than those poor idiots you see botting for a few exp.
    i opened a topic time ago about a certain hack that allowed ppl to see field boss hp, so if you want to use the argument that "you just are pro-hackers" then my friend you are very wrong on there: that was an hack that, despite being nearby impossible to detect, heavily affected everyone playing experience as it gave players using it a huge unfair advantage, but even that topic got flooded by people complaining about fish botters because that is the only thing they can see and pick a fight against - definitely easier, uh? but totally useless, i tell you.
    people out there are legit partecipating in a bike race with a lamborgini but you (you in general) dont even notice it and instead go around using the iron fist with small cheats not affecting your game at all lol

Actually, them using a bot to manipulate the system is hurting regular players and new players that have no hope in buying much of anything these days with this extreme inflation that has been going on lately. No to mention that BHS punished legion vanguards by limiting those when they brought out this fishing nonsense. They punish people for doing legion vanguards over inflation while they bring out fishing that makes inflation way worse. Loads of us had fun with Tuwangi Training, but now, it spawns so seldom and random that it isn't worth the hassle waiting for it. The flying missions were fun to, but who wants to waste their time anymore for a measly 1k gold for each mission?
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity, I decided to check around to the fisheries and go to different channels. It's super easy to tell who is using the script and who isn't. Everyone using the script pulls in fish after fish with barely any tugging time.

Also:
    1. Most have bright pink rods (top tier I gather).
    2. Most have extremely expensive cosmetics on like dyeable Arin costumes.
    3. Most have top HO gear and everything maxed.
    4. Most are in well known and/or popular guilds who are no doubt sharing the information among members.
    5. Most are level 70 or close to it.

That's telling me that this has been going on for a really long time, and mostly all of them are no doubt hoarding millions if not billions in gold.

Just another reason not to take this game seriously, not to spend your cash on it, and not to waste your time grinding on it. Even if they did start banning people, it would just be like the whole proxy issue where enough people would complain and EME would just give in like they do. Just another reason why the people level 70 in full HO gear are no better than the people just goofing off and doing as they please. Even if they got to HO or to level 70 honestly, no doubt at some point and time they used some type of exploit to get ahead. That's just how it is when a game introduces this or that while leaving everything wide open for exploits. At least now, when people brag about having maxed gear and top levels, there will always be that question of whether or not they did it honestly. Funny to as most of the ones bragging about how fast they got to 70 or got full HO gear are the ones in the popular guilds I am seeing using the scripts like crazy.
  • Christin wrote: »
    Just another reason not to take this game seriously, not to spend your cash on it, and not to waste your time grinding on it. Even if they did start banning people, it would just be like the whole proxy issue where enough people would complain and EME would just give in like they do. Just another reason why the people level 70 in full HO gear are no better than the people just goofing off and doing as they please. Even if they got to HO or to level 70 honestly, no doubt at some point and time they used some type of exploit to get ahead. That's just how it is when a game introduces this or that while leaving everything wide open for exploits. At least now, when people brag about having maxed gear and top levels, there will always be that question of whether or not they did it honestly. Funny to as most of the ones bragging about how fast they got to 70 or got full HO gear are the ones in the popular guilds I am seeing using the scripts like crazy.

Bolding mine.
    Did you seriously just accuse every level 70 with full HO gear of having used an exploit at some point in the game?
  • LaemieLaemie ✭✭✭
    edited June 5
    Christin wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, I decided to check around to the fisheries and go to different channels. It's super easy to tell who is using the script and who isn't. Everyone using the script pulls in fish after fish with barely any tugging time.

Also:
    4. Most are in well known and/or popular guilds who are no doubt sharing the information among members.

That's telling me that this has been going on for a really long time, and mostly all of them are no doubt hoarding millions if not billions in gold.

Well damn.

I have the pink rod
    I dont wear too expensive costume, mostly my summerwrap
    I have HO gear
    Im also level 70, just not in a popular Guild.

I reel the fish in like, what, over 10 seconds manually fishing...
    Should i just stop bothering manually fishing and let the game fish for me 1 fish every 3 minutes because someone like this will report me in mass and get me banned? :thinking:

We're all playing the game at our own pace, there will always be people who will play better than both of us, do it faster than us and aquire much more than we do, but it really does no, none, zero harm to our game, our playtime, it doesnt do anything to us literally. There's really no need to come to forums and throw salts at everyone and generalise every single person that dont play the game as you do. I remember i read through a thread you posted not long ago and all i saw was "Wah everyone has 60 fps is baddies because i have 10 fps! Wahhh!". Just... no, please stop it. Jesus.

Why dont we just ban all the ppl who use ini tweaks to make their fps smoother because its not fair for the ones that dont use it because the game is "supposed to be played on bad fps duh"
    Or why dont we just ban every single person who uses UI mod that looks cleaner than other ppl so its unfair for them, because the game is "suposed to have terrible UI duh"
    Might as well close the game.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    true end game is dressing your cute elin :3
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    edited June 5
    Don't worry guys, soon there will be a fully automated dungeon party bot with 10.000 massive chars from one chinese gold farmer company. Nothing is done about broxy, not even an built in server side skill queue system and this fish bot is just the beggining. How many times have you seen devs do nothing about exploits and at one point there's leveling bots coming out and overrunning the server with extreme hyper inflation. Enjoy the show.
  • NerdFuryNerdFury ✭✭

Also:

You must be new to Tera if you think fishing since the new patch has magically gotten everyone full HO gear, and maxed out no less.

for example, I have failed 30x now trying to +1 my HO weapon.
    Do you know how many resources that cost me?

7890 gold plates
    1500 silver plates
    210 diamonds
    1,050,930 gold
    3150 supreme metal
    810 draco limbs

Basically well over 4m gold.

Rather than spewing nonsense, you should actually try playing the game.
  • Christin wrote: »

Also:

Really, the only indicator is how fast they reel, and a lot of the times they have the processing icon over their heads, because sometimes they will randomly stop fishing to make more bait when they run out as the script sees fit. I notice they usually invest in at least a tier V whiskers as well. The first ones I saw were extremely under-geared characters in Misery and Schisma gear some 381 ilvl tops, clearly just alts, but somehow they were already level 70 with that kind of gear.

Them having the pink rods is simply because the script allows them to afford it, the angler tokens are key here, not only do they have enough to buy the rod, they can then convert the extra into gold by selling the fish crate 1 for 10 gold a piece, and then just buy the rest of the sell able mats (like the diamonds) they need for tier 8 rod. It's all geared towards making them as efficient in the botting as possible. It's hard to imagine someone did sit around and think this through and go, yea, let's do it.

Where I work I've experienced people trying to employ fraud tactics against the company. I always say that if these crooks even put half of their grey matter towards a good cause, we'd have world peace already. =/
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭

Also:

Really, the only indicator is how fast they reel, and a lot of the times they have the processing icon over their heads, because sometimes they will randomly stop fishing to make more bait when they run out as the script sees fit. I notice they usually invest in at least a tier V whiskers as well. The first ones I saw were extremely under-geared characters in Misery and Schisma gear some 381 ilvl tops, clearly just alts, but somehow they were already level 70 with that kind of gear.

Them having the pink rods is simply because the script allows them to afford it, the angler tokens are key here, not only do they have enough to buy the rod, they can then convert the extra into gold by selling the fish crate 1 for 10 gold a piece, and then just buy the rest of the sell able mats (like the diamonds) they need for tier 8 rod. It's all geared towards making them as efficient in the botting as possible. It's hard to imagine someone did sit around and think this through and go, yea, let's do it.

Where I work I've experienced people trying to employ fraud tactics against the company. I always say that if these crooks even put half of their grey matter towards a good cause, we'd have world peace already. =/

Crafting bait is not proof of someone cheating though. I craft bait when I run out and I am not cheating I just don't feel like wasting all my popo bait when I am going to be watching movies or something in the background, and people thinking having a high tier rod=cheating is just sad. Some people have been fishing since fishing was a thing. *shrugs*
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    true end game is dressing your cute elin :3

Agree
    Lapomko wrote: »
    Don't worry guys, soon there will be a fully automated dungeon party bot with 10.000 massive chars from one chinese gold farmer company. Nothing is done about broxy, not even an built in server side skill queue system and this fish bot is just the beggining. How many times have you seen devs do nothing about exploits and at one point there's leveling bots coming out and overrunning the server with extreme hyper inflation. Enjoy the show.

Exactly, nothing is done, so why bother.

Funny thing is look at how mad peeps get when faced with reality. Wonder how long that script has been out. It really does put everything into perspective though and solves a lot of questions about the economy. All you have to do is open your eyes, go around to different fisheries and go on different channels. Best time is late night and early morning as a lot are setting them up while they sleep. I even saw some well known players along with their alt accounts. Even if people are acting all righteous no doubt they have an account on which they use or have used scripts. They're so desperate for the guild credit though, so some of them still add the alt accounts to their guilds, which is a great way to weed out who's doing what. Not talking 10 or 20 folks, talking a few hundred at least. Remember, each fishery has multiple channels.

No, I don't think everyone is doing it, and no doubt, those that weren't are facing regret and plotting their next move. However, enough are doing it, and from what I've seen, so many are doing it on maxed accounts that banning them would be a big hit to end game dungeons.

It is what it is. My alts don't have fancy stuff, but that's OK. At least I know I earned everything they do have the right way. No, I have nothing to brag about, except that I'm not desperate enough on any game to cheat my way through it. I guess that alone is something to brag about.

BTW, I am not responding to attacks on my other post as most of the response is from people not reading it clearly and picking through it in order to find something to attack. I clearly stated how I was finding those using the script, so telling me not everyone using a pink rod is cheating is beyond ridiculous (that is clearly not what I stated and you even mentioning that is showing you're goal is distraction rather than proper discord). All you have to do is watch them catch a couple of fish (again, which I clearly stated in the other post). Even manual fishing could never reel them in that fast. Also, I clearly stated that a lot of it is guild promoted, so getting HO gear isn't that tough when you have guild members to run high level dungeons with for mats and such. Lets face it, there is a reason why the forum isn't drowning with people complaining about the rng to enchant high end gear.
This discussion has been closed.