Starting June 6, Blood on the Beach 3 (Summer Event)

It's that time of the year once more, the summer event is starting again.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/this-week-in-tera-june-3-9 mentions it happening, the date in the video. The news stream on Tuesday had the date mentioned as well but no details beyond that.

The event listing on the calendar is supposed to have details, but that one is kind of empty right now. (Hint Hint)

Now, to be fair, the basic structure of the event doesn't change. So we should all know how this goes. Visit the Beach Party near Castanica for some mini-games, drop in on the Festival of the Sun over in Balder's Refuge and do some temple cleaning and vampire smacking, collect the two types of tokens, repeat on as many characters as you can stomach to get whatever you want from the event. Farm your ice creams or wine coolers, if those are your thing. Complete some achievements.

What other rewads can you get from the event? That we'll see tomorrow.

How long will it be on for? Not a clue, but given that Korea doesn't seem to even have it active yet (let alone have a new swimsuit out), likely for a while, because otherwise the timing will be all odd for that release. (Unless the swimsuits have all gotten to samey that I'm attributing something from this year to last year.)

Will it live up to the loot bonanza of a few years ago? Not a chance. But hey, with the new costume dismantling system you're bound to get something even out of rewards you'd otherwise just want to throw away.

So, everyone ready for your seasonal (sun-)burn?

Comments

• ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ktera and Jtera for a while had Dyable versions of existing summer costumes, like the Torpedo swimsuits for females, and the Beach Cadet for Elins. Knowing EME, and we being in the Summer season, they are gonna profit from those, by locking them up inside a Loot box.

I know is almost pointless by now, but @KitTeaCup Reconsider asking the marketing Team at EME to put those swimsuits for direct sale rather than inside loot boxes. Many players have a lot of alts, and would not mind paying 30-40 dollars for EACH of their alts, instead of dropping hundreds of dollars on loot boxes for a single character (we know how bad the odds are of your loot boxes, even when you guys refuse to this date, to release the odds)

A lot of us are still waiting on you guys to activate the store of the Terachic tokens, hope you do it tomorrow.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't there two waves of this? I thought from previous years the first wave is just some mini games where we got consumables and the dungeon stuff came later. I could be wrong, but I thought that was how it went as the beach stuff is near the beach while the dungeon tasks with the drink making stand is in Balder's area.

So many games, so many events, so little time.
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    Isn't there two waves of this? I thought from previous years the first wave is just some mini games where we got consumables and the dungeon stuff came later. I could be wrong, but I thought that was how it went as the beach stuff is near the beach while the dungeon tasks with the drink making stand is in Balder's area.

Both areas are active at the same time. They have been active concurrently for the last several years. The vampires were not around a few years ago, but the last three years running, if memory serves, they have all been active at the same time.

The vampire dungeon at the Festival of the Sun (Balder area) gives the same type of token as the beach party mini-game tokens. (Two times 6 tokens from the vampire dungeon, 3 times 4 tokens from the beach area from two mini-games and the sand collecting for the little popori.)

The temple tokens are from the fires, doing some small delivery work and cleaning the temple. (5 quests giving 2 tokens each.)

They are listed as "Beach Party' and "Festival of the Sun' at the festival guide, IIRC. There are also vanguard requests you can use to teleport to them.

The Beach Party quests you can do at any level. The Festival of the Sun can largely only be done comfortably if you're at least level 60. In case anyone new wants to get in on these while still leveling. Though, really, given the current leveling speed, you should be able to easily hit level 60-65 to fully leverage it all within a day.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Really? Maybe just wishful thinking then. So all this mayhem starts tomorrow. Guess I better try to get lots done tonight then. ;)

BTW, thanks for all your info. Thanks for giving us a heads up as well. It's really nice of you to keep us updated. I really mean it to as it's tough for peeps like me to keep up on everything going on.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    Ktera and Jtera for a while had Dyable versions of existing summer costumes, like the Torpedo swimsuits for females, and the Beach Cadet for Elins. Knowing EME, and we being in the Summer season, they are gonna profit from those, by locking them up inside a Loot box.

And/or do like last year and make the old items harder to get by increasing token amounts and have RNG on top of RNG, with a high probability of rendering your time spent null as you may end up with an item you can't use nor sell because it's for a race no one plays (honest question: how many baraka have you seen in the last week?).
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    I know is almost pointless by now, but @KitTeaCup Reconsider asking the marketing Team at EME to put those swimsuits for direct sale rather than inside loot boxes. Many players have a lot of alts, and would not mind paying 30-40 dollars for EACH of their alts

I don't agree with this price point - I say make it more like the Frostsuits at $20USD a pop instead. Remember when people rejoiced over that? Good times.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Well, it's June 6th today, so any word on the beach stuff EME?
  • STALKERrulesSTALKERrules ✭✭✭
    All the things are there...except for the npcs
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    Since it didn't start with the vanguard reset, my best guess for the next possible start time would be 10 AM PDT (so in roughly an hour and twelve minutes as of this post). Based solely on when some events have started recently. I don't have any better information.

The event list on the calendar not being completely empty would be very much helpful for this though, since that would tell us both when it's supposed to start and for how long it's going to be active for.
    Hope they make some changes to the rewards this year...
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    The event started last night. You can find hermit crabs out on the beach. On discord players reported getting health pots from them. Also on Discord eme said there would be more information on Monday.
    @StarSprite I kill like 50 crabs and only get 1 rejuvenation potion, hope thats not the event. Also in the calendar its says that starts tomorrow 6/7
  • On Discord people must be special unlike the Tera Forum People get NO info from EME
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    > @STALKERrules said:
    > @StarSprite I kill like 50 crabs and only get 1 rejuvenation potion, hope thats not the event. Also in the calendar its says that starts tomorrow 6/7

Rox said the drop rates are similar to last year but more spawns this year.

My guess is the big crabs will be more worth while but it's up in the air when they'll spawn.
  • Maybe they decided at the last minute that it might seem a bit insensitive to have a lighthearted event called "blood on the beach" start on the anniversary of D-Day where thousands died on the beaches of Normandy. It could have been accidental timing and when they realized it they quickly pushed the start date back to the 7th.

That may explain why crabs are showing up but not dropping much and the event itself hasn't started. In a rush to push the date back they couldn't account for everything.

But that's purely speculative, mind you.
  • The date was accidental; this lies on me to be more considerate and cautious when planning events out. The date was decided based on the planned open date for Summerfest. We'll be more careful moving forward.

On the event settings/config, bigger crabs are on the way. We just need to ask you all to help deal with the smaller ones first.

We hope you enjoy the event, and I apologize for the inconsiderate launch timing.
This discussion has been closed.