[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Blood on the beach event

When do the crabs spawn for this event? And where? is it everywhere, or just at the beach?
What time do they spawn? The event calendar says 9a - 12p, and 8p - 11p, but doesn't specify a time zone or whether it's server time.
I've checked the Tera website and twitter and can't find any details, the little bit of information available is very vague.

Comments

• ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally the times are set on PST.

If you live in a CDT area, then the crabs would be spawning at 11am - 2pm and then at 10pm - 1am
  • 8PM PST, still nothing spawning.
  • AlleniasAngelAlleniasAngel ✭✭
    edited June 8
    Nothing spawned in the first half either. It'd be nice if they put as much care into promoting PC events as they do with Console now. Where is our dedicated post? Promotions for these things when it comes to pc are so.. just feels like there's no care behind a lot of it anymore.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    The actual event hasn't really started yet, so they're backing off on putting much information out there about it. No doubt they'll give out more info when the actual event starts. The little crabs don't give much anyways. All I've seen are consumables from some of them and a jewel box rarely here or there.
  • Christin wrote: »
    The actual event hasn't really started yet, so they're backing off on putting much information out there about it. No doubt they'll give out more info when the actual event starts. The little crabs don't give much anyways. All I've seen are consumables from some of them and a jewel box rarely here or there.

But the information they currently have on the calendar does not reflect this.
    It says there should be crabs spawning at two windows of time and they haven't been.
    The event date is marked as starting 06/07/2019 03:00.

But that's not even the real problem here.
    The problem is that this is a recycled event, it isn't new content, so there's really no excuse for there being a complete lack of information about it.
    As a returning player, participating in the active events is part of the fun of the game. When I see announcements promoting an event and it has a set date and time that the event is going to begin, it's rather disappointing when it doesn't start at said time.

I wasn't the only person on my server waiting for this event to start and wondering why it hadn't, wondering why there was no information.
  • > @AlleniasAngel said:
    > Nothing spawned in the first half either. It'd be nice if they put as much care into promoting PC events as they do with Console now.

Ill never understand why people say stuff like this.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    You misunderstood my point. First, the crabs are spawning around cutthroat harbor. Second, the event was pushed back, because they didn't think it was a good idea to promote an event called "Blood on the Beach" right around the 75th anniversary of D-Day in which many soldiers were killed on the beach of Normandy.

So, all we get is the crabs now and the rest is gong to be coming out on Tuesday with information out on Monday. Staff has already apologized for the mistake, so IMO lets move on and wait until Monday for more information.

In regards to the crabs, IMO they aren't worth making a big deal about. Fish in Cutthroat and you'll see them all around to know when they spawn or just ask in global as no doubt someone has been paying attention to them.
  • so aside from the event delayed, has anyone figured out anything besides crabs+delay?
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    Lilienette wrote: »
    so aside from the event delayed, has anyone figured out anything besides crabs+delay?

The crabs spawn in most of the major towns and are pretty small and hard to miss. They are also very rng base and have a very small chance of dropping loot until the larger crabs spawn. More info is coming out Monday.
  • Christin wrote: »
    You misunderstood my point. First, the crabs are spawning around cutthroat harbor. Second, the event was pushed back, because they didn't think it was a good idea to promote an event called "Blood on the Beach" right around the 75th anniversary of D-Day in which many soldiers were killed on the beach of Normandy.

So, all we get is the crabs now and the rest is gong to be coming out on Tuesday with information out on Monday. Staff has already apologized for the mistake, so IMO lets move on and wait until Monday for more information.

In regards to the crabs, IMO they aren't worth making a big deal about. Fish in Cutthroat and you'll see them all around to know when they spawn or just ask in global as no doubt someone has been paying attention to them.

I had to hunt for the thread you were talking about. I rarely use this forum (this is my first post).
    The point that I've been consistently trying to make is that it shouldn't be this difficult to find basic information about something.
    I've asked in global, several times, as have others, and no one ever knows anything or they troll you.

If something changed with the event, the calendar should have contained this information because these two areas are the most visible to all players (not just those who happen to dig through a single thread on the forum and find the one post by the staff member).
    I don't think it's asking much to ask for more communication out of developers when it's as simple as the people who have the information in front of them adding a comment or bit of text to the event details is probably a trivial amount of effort.

With that said, thank you guys for the information provided.