[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Pet Evolution/Leveling Questions

Are pet bank tabs lost if you use Pets that have the bank ability for combinations?
Is it true that using two level 10 pets for combination guarantees a partner?
I've been told to save pets with abilities that are favorable because you can "train" your partner to learn their abilities, is this true? And if it is true, is it a guaranteed success during training or a RNG chance to succeed? (EME really loves RNG)
Also what is the name of the partner with the Elin during the launching process of TERA?

Thank you for your time!

Comments

• Maria is the name of the loading screen partner. every time ive leveled pets to 10 has resulted in a companion so far. 6 pairs so far. the companion will be random. thats all i got
  • PoniloverPonilover ✭✭✭
    1 - DO NOT merge/evolve pets which have good skills cuz skills will disappear forever
    2 - combining 2 lvl 10 pets is guaranteed to give a partner
    3 - u can transfer skills from pets to partners for gold, BUT you cannot transfer skills from a partner to another partner
    4 - u will have access to the pet bank as long as u have at least one pet/partner with the pet bank skill
  • TotallyLegitTotallyLegit ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    @Ponilover @arieall
    Thank you for the help!
    Thanks to both of you, I managed to get Marie with just two level 10 pets!TERA_ScreenShot_20190611_171619.png
  • Regarding the pet bank slot tabs, at least, basically it works by unlocking a tab on your character now, so even if you lose all the pets with bank access, you can still access the bank space at normal bankers. The banks are not directly tied to a pet. (Actually they weren't in the past either, but now it's more obvious this is the case.)
  • dragonmu12dragonmu12 Israel ✭✭✭
    @Ponilover @arieall
    Thank you for the help!
    Thanks to both of you, I managed to get Marie with just two level 10 pets!TERA_ScreenShot_20190611_171619.png

its the uncommon one dont try to upgrade it,atleast get a Rare one or superior , dont upgrade an uncommon pet.
  • whats better about the others over marie. I like marie :)
  • InueeInuee ✭✭
    The only tip i can add, is dont use those stones of evolution (sorry i cant remember the name right now), they are expensive and considering they cant to guarantee get a companion, it just makes you lose the gold or money. so better take the time to lvl 2 pets and fusion them ; u ;
  • andersonepkandersonepk ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    dragonmu12 wrote: »
    @Ponilover @arieall
    Thank you for the help!

its the uncommon one dont try to upgrade it,atleast get a Rare one or superior , dont upgrade an uncommon pet.

why not just upgrade until uncommon-> rare ->superior? will not be the same at end?
    Also what is the best possibly pet that we can get using 2 pets lvl 10?
    Sorry i m new in pet system lolz
  • TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    why not just upgrade until uncommon-> rare ->superior? will not be the same at end?
    Also what is the best possibly pet that we can get using 2 pets lvl 10?
    Sorry i m new in pet system lolz

It doesnt work like that. The rarity of your companion doesnt change.
    U upgrade till your companion is level 10, with chance to reach max fellowship of 50.
    And to upgrade, u need another companion to sacrifice. Meaning along the way if u got a superior companion.. u gonna cry if u have to sacrifice that to your already heavily invested uncommon companion..

There is 4 different companion u can get from combining 2 lvl 10 pet. Either Marie, Lou, Kuncun and Cocomin. There is no the best companion between this 4, only what skill do they possess that u want. Here's the list of their skillz:
    Companion Skill
  • thanks for the info. to bad dont have room to save all the companions till ya get the one your really want . the system sucks
  • dragonmu12 wrote: »
    @Ponilover @arieall
    Thank you for the help!

Well I do not really care about the rarity since this partner is on my healer, and the buff doesn't really help healers unless you are dps healer, but I don't have the time or luxury to level my partner to get the power buff.
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    Combining two level 10's is NOT guaranteed partner. I thought it was i combined two level 10 fodders and got another fodder certainly not a partner.
  • thats really unlucky ive leveled up over 20 pets and never had one not give me a companion