[TERA PC & CONSOLE] TERA’s annual summer celebration is back with a vengeance. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20
[TERA Console] We will be entering maintenance on Monday, August 3 at 7 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details and updates, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

New EME Launcher updating the entire game?!?

After logging in today, the new launcher says it needs to update Tera. Normal thing after a Tuesday maintenance. But I see the progress bar going really slow, and my network connection being tied up by it. After 3 minutes, it is less than 10% done and the computer continues to download.

EME, seriously? Do we need to redownload the ENTIRE game every time there is an update?

Comments

• MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    It took about 10 minutes average for the patch to download, and yes multiple went to the discord and screamed about it and no, it obviously didn't re-download the entire game. Most of us let it patch while we were afk today so it wouldn't really affect us.
  • From what I understand, the new launcher checks all your files, does a signature comparison against the canonical source and redownloads any file that's changed in the patch. So in some cases this could result in longer/larger downloads if many files were impacted by an update (even if the change to each file is minor). But, it should (in theory) reduce the likelihood of patch failures since it no longer relies on the old launcher's "zip of diffs" approach (which is more bandwidth-efficient, but prone to freaking out if the slightest thing is out of whack).
  • Khmm, what did mEME said about the new launcher?

"Faster downloads, faster patching"

Hot air as always. I started the launcher 1 hour ago and only 39% is done. A old launcher was faster when there was REAL content update. And if you're going to say that's my internet bad, well, no. My net is fine, ty.
    And i wonder what newly created bugs will appear in the game.
    I know i'm posting recently, i'm a very patient man, but what this so called "team" is doing in the last years is pathetic. Or just their ego is too big to ask help for. I don't know. And i feel sorry for those players who actually pay for this game(experience)
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    +1 waiting for "Faster downloads, faster patching". I could have redownloaded and installed the game from scratch in the time it took the last patch to download and install.
  • LyanniLyanni ✭✭
    Xenoverse wrote: »
    Khmm, what did mEME said about the new launcher?

"Faster downloads, faster patching"

Hot air as always. I started the launcher 1 hour ago and only 39% is done. A old launcher was faster when there was REAL content update. And if you're going to say that's my internet bad, well, no. My net is fine, ty.
    And i wonder what newly created bugs will appear in the game.
    I know i'm posting recently, i'm a very patient man, but what this so called "team" is doing in the last years is pathetic. Or just their ego is too big to ask help for. I don't know. And i feel sorry for those players who actually pay for this game(experience)

"Faster downloads faster patching" was what i read too, but since it passed 30 min and that new, "faster" launcher didnt leave the 0.04% i simply closed it and opened the old one which was done in a couple of minutes.

• New launcher is a piece of junk.
  • I'm so glad I followed my instincts and avoided the new one, so far. Several in-game have told me their horror stories of it as well.

Plus the new launcher supports the idea that EME should work on a bunch more games when they still can't even get this one quite right, and pushes the other games in my face. I'll pass on both, so long as I can help it.
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    Vralanea wrote: »
    I'm so glad I followed my instincts and avoided the new one, so far. Several in-game have told me their horror stories of it as well.

Plus the new launcher supports the idea that EME should work on a bunch more games when they still can't even get this one quite right, and pushes the other games in my face. I'll pass on both, so long as I can help it.

Have fun because they've already announced you won't be able to use the old launcher soon so you either use the new one or you don't play Tera *shrug*