About those new mounts and its current loot box price...

Can we have some consistency pls EME?

Look here in this link, this is Gloomscale .
He has the 2.0 crit buff, and can boost your damage every few seconds with its unique ability.

This is the Battle Trush
Another mount with the 2.0 crit buff, and the ability to give you randomly one of 4 useful consumable effects.

The price for each loot box is 250 EMP, well justified knowing what the mounts to (tho it pains me to still not see a FAIL CAP on any loot box)

Now, here we have the newest mount, the Koi Fish
According to the descriptions, on both the loot box and the direct purchase versions, this mounts come with no passive ability at all.
And their loot box is priced the same as the ones who DO give passives and skills?
Hello EME? Consistency???
Why would you sell a regular mount, no abilities whatsoever, for the same price, as the ones with abilities? Thats not ok at all.

Unless the Koi Fishes come with abilities and you for some reason forgot to add a proper description to the character mounts and loot boxes, then you can disregard this thread.

However, if they DO in fact, come WITH NO ABILITIES, then you are just trying to scam us.
Can we PLEASE have some more accurate descriptions for this mounts? because if they come with no abilities, then the price isnt justified. Drop it to 150 or 195.

And here is a picture of the loot boxes for reference
yIOtMnv.png

Comments

• I just wish we could click the box, and have it actually show the drops so we could hover over the items and actually see their descriptions to know what they do. currently, as far as I can tell, they just say has a chance for x mount, like...ok? what does it do tho? >~> what makes it different? (I can't be the only one thinking this, right? am I just missing something huge?)
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    pokachue wrote: »
    I just wish we could click the box, and have it actually show the drops so we could hover over the items and actually see their descriptions to know what they do. currently, as far as I can tell, they just say has a chance for x mount, like...ok? what does it do tho? >~> what makes it different? (I can't be the only one thinking this, right? am I just missing something huge?)

A few years back, EME used to put more effort into the Loot boxes. You would click on the box, and then it would show you, with pictures even, every possible reward from the box. At some point, they simply stopped doing it, and just started to write the possible rewards as description of the loot box.

"Other Consumables" is vague. And the description of the mount is also not there. When i see a 250 EMP loot box for a mount, i expect it to have abilities and crit buff.
    Even the Spellracer Loot Box Has a proper description of what the mount does, and its a fair price for a flying mount with just the regular HP/MP recovery, with no special abilities, 150 EMP.

250 EMP is pushing it too far for a mount that from the description alone, only flies, and has a 290 speed, thats it, no HP/MP recovery, no crit buffs, no other unique abilities.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13
    UPDATE:

The Koi Fish mounts that come from the loot box, only restore HP and MP
    wtXxRob.jpg
  • edited June 14
    TBH, the real problem here isn't actually the price, it's the fact that we don't have posted odds. So this leaves people to rightfully assume that the odds are the same regardless of price, and in a case like this it may deter people from actually buying the product because they think it's not objectively worth it compared to other options at the same "per pull" price point. It may well be that, because this mount has less features, the odds to win it are higher and therefore the "average price/rare" is lower than the more-fancy mounts.... but no one knows. How many sales are lost as a result...

So yeah, if you're going to have loot boxes, at least have posted odds and failure caps... /yells into void
  • So I actually did get in touch with @Rox (TERA PC Assistant Product Manager at EME) about this issue, and for now I was asked to relay this:

"The price is higher as the odds have been improved for this box over the normal, so that all colors could be fit in without making them each nigh-impossible to get. In addition, we will try to improve our existing mount descriptions to state when a passive/active is included."

Definitely agree that this is information that should have been shown more clearly on the product description, so hopefully they can improve things going forward.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking about the higher odds, just like the old Super Boxes which had less fodder loot, and higher chances at the jackpot (they turned out to be pretty bad unfortunately according to a lot of players i personally talked that opened those boxes)

Its great news that the price increase is justified by the increase of the odds of getting any of the mounts.
    However, this doesnt take the fact that we still do not know what the actual odds are as you said. How do we know this "increased odds" are actually a decent increase, instead of just 1% or similar?

EME really should once and for all, release the odds of their loot boxes, its been way too long already, I cannot think of how releasing the odds could hurt their sales, as people will regardless buy to test those odds.

Serious note: Im gonna repeat again and again, that loot boxes should have their odds posted to public, or add fail cap, one of the two, or both.

Regardless, much appreciated for relaying the reason why this box was priced the same as the other boxes that contain crit mounts with abilities.
  • KrystalineKrystaline ✭✭
    edited June 14
    So I actually did get in touch with @Rox (TERA PC Assistant Product Manager at EME) about this issue, and for now I was asked to relay this:

"The price is higher as the odds have been improved for this box over the normal, so that all colors could be fit in without making them each nigh-impossible to get. In addition, we will try to improve our existing mount descriptions to state when a passive/active is included."

Definitely agree that this is information that should have been shown more clearly on the product description, so hopefully they can improve things going forward.

Really? Then the normal odds must be really, really bad or I was super unlucky this time (and clearly an idiot) because out of roughly 60 boxes I got 2 mounts.
  • DXMDXM ✭✭
    Krystaline wrote: »
    So I actually did get in touch with @Rox (TERA PC Assistant Product Manager at EME) about this issue, and for now I was asked to relay this:

Really? Then the normal odds must be really, really bad or I was super unlucky this time (and clearly an idiot) because out of roughly 60 boxes I got 2 mounts.

I agree. While the odds might have been increased slightly to make his statement true, no doubt the increase on the odds was not proportional to the price increase. So while increased odds sounds nice at first, in this case it is not. Same thing happened with the Sakura footsteps lootbox.
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    I once spent 300$ for 1 mount and didn't get anything. It's all RNG.
  • arieallarieall ✭✭
    this is the reason i stopped buying loot boxes just not worth it
  • edited June 14
    Krystaline wrote: »

Honestly... as much as it hurts me to say this, the rate does sound higher than the usual rate for rare mounts. My impression is that the average price/rare for the rare mounts is closer to $80-$100 (and that's only an average).

But still, as I said above and will keep saying, posted odds + failure caps are needed. Everyone should be able to make an informed decision and be protected from unreasonably bad RNG.
  • DXMDXM ✭✭
    The "rare" mount is the Rainbow Koi though. Kept the system tab visible for the whole night it got released and only saw 1 person win it. Said person had to have won more than 6 of the others so you can imagine how many boxes were opened. It is significantly worse than $80-$100...again same as the Sakura Tree. When the whole server isn't winning even a handful of something it doesn't feel like the increased odds are increased in a way that justifies the price.