[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

roadmap part 2

where is the roadmap part 2 i been waiting n nail biting ya killing me

Comments

• XBOX and PS4 are currently on version 4 of Patch 66 (around 4+ years of content vs. PC)

The next major patch would be Patch 67, commonly referred to as Sevenfold Apex.

The following 7 classes with ilvl 439+ receive quest lines to access Apex skills:
    Lancer
    Berserker
    Slayer
    Warrior
    Brawler
    Priest
    Mystic

All classes without Apex skills receive a passive skill which increases their power against monsters.

In addition to this, we should expect EnMasse to continue their practice of mini patches related to the slow release of existing classes by gender and race.

Next up is the Male Brawler for Humans on July 1st. I would expect Female Human Brawlers to Follow.

Eventually they may extend, Valkrie and Gunner to all races and they should. Choice is king and would greatly bolster morale in the player base.
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    Nergal736 wrote: »
    where is the roadmap part 2 i been waiting n nail biting ya killing me

Some things are still being finalized and confirmed. Once they are, it should be released.
    MagnusX14 wrote: »
    XBOX and PS4 are currently on version 4 of Patch 66 (around 4+ years of content vs. PC)

The next major patch would be Patch 67, commonly referred to as Sevenfold Apex.

The following 7 classes with ilvl 439+ receive quest lines to access Apex skills:
    Lancer
    Berserker
    Slayer
    Warrior
    Brawler
    Priest
    Mystic

All classes without Apex skills receive a passive skill which increases their power against monsters.

In addition to this, we should expect EnMasse to continue their practice of mini patches related to the slow release of existing classes by gender and race.

Next up is the Male Brawler for Humans on July 1st. I would expect Female Human Brawlers to Follow.

Eventually they may extend, Valkrie and Gunner to all races and they should. Choice is king and would greatly bolster morale in the player base.

Console's patches have been various mixes and have not been 100% with PC. I would use PC patch notes as a very loose guideline, but I would not expect console patches to be completely identical nor recommend using them as a strict reference.

I believe you mean Popori Brawler seeing as we've had Female Human Brawler?
  • You are right on the last point, but I disagree with your contention of PC versus Console. The lack of 100% congruence between PC and Console appears to be based on the limitations of UI on console coupled with a difference in game balance.

For example, materials are much more scarce on PC than they are on Console. As a result, PC has lower costs to upgrade gear, while Console has higher costs to upgrade gear.
  • IDK, BSO is really nice. I might have to try it.
    From the very beginning, they have said that console and PC are not the same and should not be treated as such. Console Tera and PC Tera are being treated as two separate games. I wouldn't be surprised if console started to go it's own way (a good sign is the new gear we have above Heroic Oath). I'd expect to see more deviations, maybe even more widespread but I don't think they'd skip Apex.
  • MaximumbootyMaximumbooty ✭✭
    edited June 22
    The current deviations are not enough to convince anyone. The issue is the only deviations is a self contradicting cost balance and a gear tier most dont care exists.

Unless they come out with actual console specific systems that are true deviations from PC ,especially considering it took nearly a year to even have the current deviations, most will continue to look to pc as a road map.

Or leave.

Most will look to class balance from pc as well minus 1 important fact that classes on console are weaker countered by lower boss hp that only furthers lower crit requirement classes or broken heroic oath Zerk holders.

The issue is people are worried, other newer mmos that offer relatively the same combat experience as tera are coming and threaten teras population.

If they really arent dragging their feet i hope they really do have something big planned for july 2nd.
  • KozyEmiKozyEmi ✭✭
    edited June 22
    The current deviations are not enough to convince anyone. The issue is the only deviations is a self contradicting cost balance and a gear tier most dont care exists.

There have been more deviations than that tho especially recently. Unfortunately a couple of the big deviations lately involve stuff being basically removed and maybe coming back in some way via event (fashion coupons) , or if CobaltDragon is able to convince BHS that pvp and the crystals for it are an important part of a normal MMO & something that can help bring in new people, bring some people back who quit & keep existing players interested longer. Those aren't class changing things like apex of course or huge huge content in the form of dungeon type deviations but they are deviations from PC that sadly have had a very negative effect on the game and it's player base :(

I'm sure others can point out some deviations with classes, dungeons and things like that too. If there are other deviations upcoming I hope they're more for fun content being added than removed with little information about if or how it'll come back.

I agree with most of the rest of your post people are worried for lots of reasons including the slow move towards apex and no information about it. I think some better communication from BHS on what they are planning and doing, when and why would be really really nice. Big unexplained changes that catch the playerbase and sometimes even enmasse off guard are not a good thing for an mmo, neither is keeping the players wondering about improvements and when or if they're even going to happen like apex and some other stuff.
  • LuneseLunese ✭✭
    I agree that the state of the game at its current stage is quite worrying. Content isn't much and events are repetitive with an easy to follow pattern between them. No news on future updates besides Male Brawler being released on 1st or 2nd July (this really can't be considered a "big update" since it's the same class, just a new race), same events over and over which ultimately leads to a part of your community being fed up with them.

I had hoped that you guys would release awakening to add actual new content to the game since that's what we are waiting for, or more diverse events that PC Tera has to spice things up and revive this game from monotony. Right now the only challenging dungeons are RMHM (balanced for awakening) and HH and the original mechanic from the 1st boss in RKHM (thank you for that one btw, was a nice change of pace). Also, another nice change was the less frequent freeze on PS4 if you pressed the PS button.

My sincere suggestion is to release the upcoming PC patch 67 aka awakening 1 ASAP since that's what the game needs right now or focus on fixing existing bugs and bring more varied events. BDO is just around the corner and will eat this game alive content-wise; you cannot beat that game when it comes to content with Tera's current state. I know people on the EU PS4 server who are already quitting Tera for BDO.

It is a red flag and you guys at EME need to take action now. Hope this raises a few "!" and we will start to see more improvements, more communication and more frequent content (actual content) updates.
  • MaximumbootyMaximumbooty ✭✭
    edited June 24
    PC has fraxim gear now so the only deviations from console is more mats and classes are weaker on console.

Thats really about all the tangible deviations ive seem.

Tho tbh theres not much eme can do anymore. Its BHS / Krafton that needs the kick in the pants.
    Iirc, the goal was to catch up to PC and then begin the main deviations from there. But they have said that console and PC shouldn't be compared. Perhaps to prevent expectations that may or may not come to pass. Perhaps the road map will shed some light. On discord today, it was mentioned that it was all sorted and everything was put into the months they are planned for, so it should be released soon.
  • Please make sure to keep those horrid "Adventure Coins" far from Console. If that happens, I am bailing.