NA's own "Extreme Dungeon"

2»

Comments

• TaldekTaldek ✭✭
    Taldek wrote: »
    Request from BHS to get the extreme modes that Eu gets every now and then, like back when SC EX was a thing.

Most of the extreme dungeons EU has gotten were built by them (by modifying server files) and not by BHS. So it's not something EME can request of BHS. EME also does not have people in-house with the ability to create and balance these types of contents themselves. So the only realistic way we could get something similar would be if BHS took it upon themselves to add this sort of content to the base game and give it to all regions.

My mistake on wording, i thought EU originally made SC EX back in the day and BHS simply gave it to other regions as well. Figured it was the same now, or at least GF had to request to even add this type of content.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    Saabi wrote: »
    So I'm sure a lot of you guys here are aware EU is planning to release their extreme dungeons to give their players something that's not insufferably boring as the content we will be getting over the span of the next few months. I'm sure I'm not the only one that is NOT HYPED for [Democron Factory] and whatever solo content that Krafton plans to release; so i come with a suggestion. Can we have releases of our own form of region specific event dungeons with the needed adjustments for level cap increase and new stats [aka extreme versions of the dungeon].

I personally would like to see a new buffed version of Dreadspire [I would honestly like to see the original dreadspire but the new 10 boss one is fine too] I feel like even if the rewards aren't amazing people would be happy to do it to give us something to do.

Are there any suggestions that you guys in the forums would like to see added as an event or "extreme" dungeon. Things like FIHM, SCHM? How about an extreme ABHM? or how about a re release of MCHM and make it extreme?

OR HOW ABOUT BAHAAR EXTREME!?!?

Please try to keep this thread constructive as there may be a chance that NA can get it's own version of an extreme/event dungeon and not have to suffer through this content drought that KTERA is currently suffering through.

i would love to see a raid return to NA, be it a 10-20 man, i liked the original concept of HH and how challenging it was when it first came out in the first few months. if they bring back dsu i would prefer old dsu and the old structure of a lower and upper half, plus more bosses=more fun. bahaar i think we should see a hm version before extreme but it still sounds good.
  • edited June 16
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    Why cant EME just hire people with the ability, to create enjoyable content for the NA community like Gameforge does with their extreme dungeons? instead of having to ask BHS and then wait for an eternity till they have something for NA?

You'd have to ask their top management, but my guess is that they don't consider that in their corporate mandate -- that the Krafton family of companies is already paying a team to develop content for this game (BHS) and if their shared investors are going to spend money developing something new, they'd rather be able to leverage things for the whole world (BHS develops, all regions and all platforms get it) not just one market or system in isolation.

Gameforge so happens to have someone on staff who knows how to mess with these files and they don't mind spending the time playing with it as a sunk marketing cost (even though it'll be wiped out when the next patch happens). EME management doesn't seem to want them to spend their time on those sorts of one-off projects. (If anything, they prefer projects that can be leveraged across all their platforms (PC + console), or better across all their games so they can have economy of scale.)

I'm not saying I agree with them (and this is just informed speculation based on my observation, not a statement of fact), but I'm pretty sure that's what's going on.
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    Perhaps more relevant to the chance of seeing anything like this, EME seems to taking on the publishing of two more games right now. (Which, in all honesty, good for them, since not being only invested in one or two games can only increase the chances of them making it through any slumps. Which is also goof for us if we want to keep TERA around.)

The thing is though, we've seen how that goes in the past. I don't particularly expect them to have changed their pattern, where they spread out their people ever more as they add what new people they can, spreading everyone thin and having new people not yet ready to just hit the ground running. Things are indeed already slipping on TERA (maint sticky still from the last one, launcher info also still there for the one from 6/11, Calendar event listings being bare at first and then just one event, rather than the more complete set that was going on previously, more of their background people needing to step up for things like the leveling event information).

So, even ignoring the corporate angle, EME doesn't seem to be in any position to take on something like those extreme dungeons even if they wanted to right now.

Looking through the translated patch notes, we seem to be headed for a leveling experience revamp, where they shuffle the story line around. Demokron Factory comes in 3- and 7-person versions. Hard more too for the 7-. (NM is L66/ilvl453, HM is L67/ilvl456).

K-TERA had Manglemire and Demon's Wheel as limited time dungeons, but that seems a bit unlikely to hit us. (Manglemire was paired with the Popori Brawler patch there, AFAICT, and well, you can all see what isn't there for us.)

Some new variation of the treasure map system, where one half is from field mobs and one from dungeons, is coming too. (And later on getting changed to have both sides be available from both sources, if I understand it correctly.)

Some random caiman that can send you to a 1-person dungeon gets added. A hard mode for that dungeon later on. And apparently the spawn rate is going to suck so bad that they'll have to increase it too.

Chat timestamps seem to be in the future as well. Along with some inventory revamps. (Search added?) A new inventory type is added as well. (And of course they have a bunch of items for sale to expand it too.)

General reduction of adventure coin costs for the top tier stuff happens at some point as well.

Perhaps the more realistic wish to have would be that we at least also get limited duration events like Manglemire and Demon's Wheel, even if extreme versions aren't in the cards.
  • OurlordOurlord ✭✭
    Saabi wrote: »
    So I'm sure a lot of you guys here are aware EU is planning to release their extreme dungeons to give their players something that's not insufferably boring as the content we will be getting over the span of the next few months. I'm sure I'm not the only one that is NOT HYPED for [Democron Factory] and whatever solo content that Krafton plans to release; so i come with a suggestion. Can we have releases of our own form of region specific event dungeons with the needed adjustments for level cap increase and new stats [aka extreme versions of the dungeon].

I personally would like to see a new buffed version of Dreadspire [I would honestly like to see the original dreadspire but the new 10 boss one is fine too] I feel like even if the rewards aren't amazing people would be happy to do it to give us something to do.

Are there any suggestions that you guys in the forums would like to see added as an event or "extreme" dungeon. Things like FIHM, SCHM? How about an extreme ABHM? or how about a re release of MCHM and make it extreme?

OR HOW ABOUT BAHAAR EXTREME!?!?

Please try to keep this thread constructive as there may be a chance that NA can get it's own version of an extreme/event dungeon and not have to suffer through this content drought that KTERA is currently suffering through.

dont listen to this.... like.. only ppl in good guilds and static benefit with that..
  • LinXiaoXingLinXiaoXing Jakarta, Indonesia ✭✭
    This why TERA NA have a sh*t community, because they always tend to have `Elitist` behavior
    (Certain player were good behavior, but some other were bad behavior).
    Elitist by my definition is a certain players which tend to feel superior than other players, because they feel have a better skills, gears, reflexes, experience, and it lead discrimination among the players.
    And that make BHS treat TERA NA has a different difficulties in games.
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    This why TERA NA have a sh*t community, because they always tend to have `Elitist` behavior
    (Certain player were good behavior, but some other were bad behavior).
    Elitist by my definition is a certain players which tend to feel superior than other players, because they feel have a better skills, gears, reflexes, experience, and it lead discrimination among the players.
    And that make BHS treat TERA NA has a different difficulties in games.

Just like any other region and/or game.
    You'll have pleasant and unpleasant members on the community.
    It isn't something aggravated nor exclusive to TERA NA.
  • LinXiaoXingLinXiaoXing Jakarta, Indonesia ✭✭

I`m not disagree with what you said..
    But every players behavior which is related in game community, the game publisher or developers should take actions and responsibilities,
    not only because of players is cheating or abusing the system, but also negative behavior.

For example ;
    I found the `fact` that certain Elitist players behavior in TERA top players tend to push their dps to the max, this behavior lead to unfair and cheating.
    But the fact is everything in TERA can be perfectly done with just decent dps.
    That Elitist behaviors lead to dangerous discriminations for other payers that play fair and have decent dps, this Elitist players will complain why other players have decent dps, while they self were using third-party program or cheating to improve their game-play.
    For me, Bad behavior (including Elitist behavior) its the same sins like cheating, and they both have a same destructions aspects.

So the solutions for ENMASSE in TERA, they should take actions directly for players which is tend to have bad behaviors like Elitist, they should have same treat like they ban certain players which is cheating.
    Other solutions is, they should force to implemented end-game dungeon for 10-man players (i don`t care how much dying the community is), with this rate every player will thinking hard to be needed other players to participated, this method not perfect, but in any rate will suppress the Elitist behavior for 50%.

`ITS NOT WHY THE PLAYERS IS CHEATING, ITS BECAUSE THEY HAVE BAD BEHAVIORS`
    `CHEATING IS DESTROYING THE GAME, AND ELITIST BEHAVIOR DESTROYING THE COMMUNITY`
  • gheneaghenea ✭✭
    edited June 27
    "everything can be perfectly done with just decent dps"
    you know, the very fact that elite has a potion that increases your exp by 100% for 1hr implies that no, you want stuff to be done as fast as possible, not waste your whole daily hr of bonus to carry ppl in hard dungeons with "decent dps."

decent dps meaning what, even? 2m/s? 4m/s? 5m/s? you should be more specific...
    also makes no sense to play a game performing under your best and losing time just for the fun of a few casuals who dont wanna bother gearing up or learning their class, if you are instance matching it has to be expected but elsewhere, lfgs and organized runs in general, you aint gonna fit in with 2m/s - thats decent for instance matching, but its far from being decent if you want a quick run.

there are many other things worth complaining for, the "elitist" community is the last of your problems, you will eventually realize "veterans" reasons for wanting stuff to be done quickly when you will actually try to lvl past 65 without elite and gears or farm materials efficiently enough with your dungeon runs lasting 30mins...
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

I`m not disagree with what you said..
    But every players behavior which is related in game community, the game publisher or developers should take actions and responsibilities,
    not only because of players is cheating or abusing the system, but also negative behavior.

For example ;
    I found the `fact` that certain Elitist players behavior in TERA top players tend to push their dps to the max, this behavior lead to unfair and cheating.
    But the fact is everything in TERA can be perfectly done with just decent dps.
    That Elitist behaviors lead to dangerous discriminations for other payers that play fair and have decent dps, this Elitist players will complain why other players have decent dps, while they self were using third-party program or cheating to improve their game-play.
    For me, Bad behavior (including Elitist behavior) its the same sins like cheating, and they both have a same destructions aspects.

So the solutions for ENMASSE in TERA, they should take actions directly for players which is tend to have bad behaviors like Elitist, they should have same treat like they ban certain players which is cheating.
    Other solutions is, they should force to implemented end-game dungeon for 10-man players (i don`t care how much dying the community is), with this rate every player will thinking hard to be needed other players to participated, this method not perfect, but in any rate will suppress the Elitist behavior for 50%.

`ITS NOT WHY THE PLAYERS IS CHEATING, ITS BECAUSE THEY HAVE BAD BEHAVIORS`
    `CHEATING IS DESTROYING THE GAME, AND ELITIST BEHAVIOR DESTROYING THE COMMUNITY`

Sort of understand what you mean.
    However, you cannot force others to play with you.
    Also, if people have an extremely toxic behavior, you're always able to screenshot and write a support ticket.
    ghenea wrote: »
    "everything can be perfectly done with just decent dps"
    you know, the very fact that elite has a potion that increases your exp by 100% for 1hr implies that no, you want stuff to be done as fast as possible, not waste your whole daily hr of bonus to carry ppl in hard dungeons with "decent dps."

decent dps meaning what, even? 2m/s? 4m/s? 5m/s? you should be more specific...
    also makes no sense to play a game performing under your best and losing time just for the fun of a few casuals who dont wanna bother gearing up or learning their class, if you are instance matching it has to be expected but elsewhere, lfgs and organized runs in general, you aint gonna fit in with 2m/s - thats decent for instance matching, but its far from being decent if you want a quick run.

there are many other things worth complaining for, the "elitist" community is the last of your problems, you will eventually realize "veterans" reasons for wanting stuff to be done quickly when you will actually try to lvl past 65 without elite and gears or farm materials efficiently enough with your dungeon runs lasting 30mins...

To be fair, that is the main issue mentioned by @LinXiaoXing
    A player without a dps meter is unable to know those numbers.
    It would be nice if BHS had it implemented officially.

This "new" patch also didn't help at all.
    Since everyone is highly limited due to coins.
  • SaabiSaabi ✭✭✭
    I'm confused as to why people are crying about "elitist players", totally off topic. The purpose of this thread is to request fun content. An extreme version of hard dungeons, mchm for example, is something that I find fun. If you don't find that fun and want something else, then request it in this thread. What does crying about something that has nothing to do with this thread hope to accomplish?
  • SaabiSaabi ✭✭✭
    > @Ourlord said:
    > Saabi wrote: »
    >
    > So I'm sure a lot of you guys here are aware EU is planning to release their extreme dungeons to give their players something that's not insufferably boring as the content we will be getting over the span of the next few months. I'm sure I'm not the only one that is NOT HYPED for [Democron Factory] and whatever solo content that Krafton plans to release; so i come with a suggestion. Can we have releases of our own form of region specific event dungeons with the needed adjustments for level cap increase and new stats [aka extreme versions of the dungeon].
    >
    > I personally would like to see a new buffed version of Dreadspire [I would honestly like to see the original dreadspire but the new 10 boss one is fine too] I feel like even if the rewards aren't amazing people would be happy to do it to give us something to do.
    >
    > Are there any suggestions that you guys in the forums would like to see added as an event or "extreme" dungeon. Things like FIHM, SCHM? How about an extreme ABHM? or how about a re release of MCHM and make it extreme?
    >
    > OR HOW ABOUT BAHAAR EXTREME!?!?
    >
    > Please try to keep this thread constructive as there may be a chance that NA can get it's own version of an extreme/event dungeon and not have to suffer through this content drought that KTERA is currently suffering through.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > dont listen to this.... like.. only ppl in good guilds and static benefit with that..

Ok... Then post your suggestion?
  • JasonGenerixJasonGenerix ✭✭✭
    I dont understand how this thread got de-railed so fast by off-topic comments like "PEOPLE ARE ELITISTS" ... make your own thread please. Also @Ourlord , so what? There will always be people who can and can't run endgame content so saying that "this only benefits people in good guilds and/or statics" does nothing constructive for this post at all. This is a post for suggestions to see what kind of CONTENT (which we're lacking btw) people would like to see in the game.

Personally, I know it's been done by EU but I'd love to see a Rift's Edge Extreme and Forsaken Island Extreme to be honest.
  • BobdigidiBobdigidi ✭✭
    edited July 2
    my suggestion on new content would be to bring back the old content that made TERA great bring back 10/20 man raids, nexus or similar, wonderholme, revamp MCNM/HM, alliance content and the sort, also make the game a bit more challenging, why did u nerf the bams at low lvls and the low lvl dungeons, change it back, this is how i met alot of my friends on TERA cause we had to work together to complete the content, it helps bring the community together and imo thats what made TERA great and just the simple fact to have constant interaction with EME employees on events