[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Summer Event 2019 Feedback

2»

Comments

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Zulia69 wrote: »
    > @Christin said:
    > TJKat wrote: »
    >
    > I have to agree, the tokens/shop are MUCH better this year. I think you found the balance between so-expensive-it's-not-worth-doing (last year) and so-cheap-we're-going-to-destroy-the-economy (two years ago). Good job.
    >
    > However, I'm going to disagree with @SageWindu - 2 months of this is too long. Last year was bad enough at 5 weeks - the beach and festival site were almost completely empty during the last two weeks - but 9 weeks... the mini-games are a nice little distraction, but there isn't nearly enough replay value or variety to keep them engaging for 9 weeks. I would much rather see lower prices in the token shop, and cap out the event at 3 weeks.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Again, I really think this event is more for free players than us veterans, but the fact that it is running so long is nice since we'll likely be seeing a lot of new players in the next two months. Plus, you gotta give me time to farm invisible sheaths for all my toons. How are they supposed to swim with ukuleles on their backs? Having the area empty is a good thing, because it means everyone ended up getting what they wanted. The event 2 years ago, many of us were still farming till the end. Also, it means no stress, so people on vacations don't have to feel like they are missing out or stressed to farm the event before it leaves. It's out of the way, so it's not bothering anyone that does't want to participate. There is really a lot in the shop, so I don't doubt many will be farming the event to the end.

Nice little elitism there... with "us veterans" versus "free players"....

I have been playing since 2013 but I play free, so what does that make me?..... A veteran free player? There is no need to classify people like that.....

Anyway...

The event is vastly improved from last year. It is a comfort to know that the company noticed the results of last years event and made the improvements this year. Thank you EME for the results of this years Summer Event for ALL players!

"Free" should be "New". You should have caught that rather than attacking as I have mentioned numerous times that I am a free player. Plus, nothing else in that comment referred to elite or anything received from elite. Chill out and don't take everything so personally.

Yeah, I meant the event is more for new players than us veteran players that already have swimsuits and such. Another clue was the "again" as I had already mentioned my point in the OP.

Hope you have a nice day. Sorry if you felt I was attacking free players. However, my comment really had nothing to do with elite versus free.
  • NilkemiosNilkemios ✭✭
    edited June 27
    This event, while having a few nice things about it, is still overall a disappointment in my eyes.

The good : They condensed the two types of tokens into one, and they did give a lot more options for things to get from them.

The bad : Most of these options either aren't worth it or aren't as good compared. Out of the costume/accessory items, only the hidden sheath is interesting, the rest are just junk-looking, even the swimwear, which is limited to primarily duckie floats and fruit suits.

The special tab as mostly just consumables/materials you can already get via other means or temporary items that will be gone when the event is done. Of the things that aren't, they are a few mount books, a disco ball which costs more than it's worth to get, and a hair coupon that makes you still have to randomly pick between four to get one you might want, which is pretty much the only other thing worth getting to me.

All that's left are the colorful duckie floats and the lily and bonnie duckie floats, all of which are just variations of color or other slight difference to the duckie floats they already offer in the first tab. None of the various other options of swimwear that you could get in past years' (albeit via RNG) summer events.

The summer Festival Loot boxes that could be earned in game at least for the previous two years are no longer obtainable, along with the vast amount of swimwear boxes they potentially gave. I guess even having an RNG chance at that stuff for playing through the event was just too convenient for the players now in Bluehole's/En Masse's mind.

The result is an event that while looking plentiful, is still rather neutered compared to 2017 and maybe 2018 as well. On the upside, I guess I can just get what little I do want and just forget about the event afterwards.

And one last thing : The temporary Horn Rimmed Glasses from doing the melon bashing daily STILL cannot be just discarded, meaning I have to shove them in my bank or wardrobe for each alt and wait for them to run out. Is it too much to change that so I can just toss it? I found that even linking it in chat also somehow violates the nebulous rules of conduct for chat...which makes me just want to toss it even more.
  • When does the summer event end? Couldn't find the date on the event page. Just the start/end times for the crab stuff.
  • LordMurasamaLordMurasama ✭✭✭
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/summer-festival

Doesn't mention a specific date except "early August" (so until they provide a specific end date, I'm personally setting the first Tuesday in August to get whatever amount of tokens I need)
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    Doesn't mention a specific date except "early August" (so until they provide a specific end date, I'm personally setting the first Tuesday in August to get whatever amount of tokens I need)

They left the end date in a different post.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/this-week-in-tera-june-17-23
    Starting Thursday, June 20 and lasting until Monday, August 19
    Emphasis mine.

And just in case anyone missed it, the coins have an expiration timer. Once that elapses, they'll be gone, so use them before then.

The timer can be seen at the bottom of the tool-tip for the coins. (Which, if I didn't miscount, should expire with the end of Aug 31 UTC time zone, so Aug 31 5:00 PM PDT? Something like that.)

Some of the event consumables have the same timer, so also keep in mind that you need to use those before they expire, if you opted to use your coins on those. (And as a point of feedback, using this mechanic for Bravery Potions is a very head-scratching moment. The XP potions fair enough, but the Bravery is just... why even add them at that point? But maybe I just have too many of them as is.)
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    Well, two weeks later the and event is already pretty much dead. In the first week, you had to line up (or change channels) to do the beach mini-games, now, if I see more than a handful of people on the beach, it's a busy day. I maintain events like this should be capped at 3 weeks and give their rewards more quickly.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    TJKat wrote: »
    Incursiox wrote: »
    I really dont get how do u ppl find this years event interesting where there are nothing that can be traded,and price for the items in the summer festival coin is ridiculously hight... Also there are some daily event quests that dont event give u coins.... I rly dont find anything interesting in this event at least nothing usefull except that 12 sec potions.. Not any kind of loot box or anything that can be worth doing this event.....

The Hidden Weapon Sheath alone makes this event worthwhile. It's about time they gave us a reasonable way to acquire an item that should realistically be a check box somewhere on the costume page. Now if only they'd add Transparent Masks to the token shop too....

The prices are also - with a few exceptions - reasonable. Except for those few high-priced items, I don't think there's anything in the token shop I couldn't expect to be able to get in one day without too much effort.

Totally agree. It's also nice that the sheaths hide the back item to everyone not just us. They make a ton of money on back items, so I can see them not letting everyone hide their weapon.
    Well, two weeks later the and event is already pretty much dead. In the first week, you had to line up (or change channels) to do the beach mini-games, now, if I see more than a handful of people on the beach, it's a busy day. I maintain events like this should be capped at 3 weeks and give their rewards more quickly.

Well, there is oodles of other stuff going on, so we're having to pick between leveling up toons for keys and gems or token farming etc. This is a really busy time of year for most of us, so giving us all summer is really nice of EME whether you like it or not. Once the leveling event is over, there will be a surge of players back to the summer event stuff. Why must stuff be swamped in order to be valuable? 150 tokens is a good amount for stuff, so making everything a lot cheaper would be a bit silly. Also, what 3 weeks should they do it? Since it has started, there has been the leveling event, which a lot of people are farming. So, should they make people pick which event to do? Most people wanted to do the leveling event to farm keys right away while the strongbox event was on. I should have been doing that to, but I wasted time get weapon sheaths first like the others swamping the event the first week. Now, we're leveling brawlers and getting tokens for patriotic stuff. Don't worry, they won't charge you rent for the even being available so long.

Lets face it, if they made stuff cheaper like 50 tokens each, I would have had about 48 prizes for my alts in a week. Doesn't that seem like a bit much?
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this statement - you do know that less people means that your progress can move along unhindered, right? You could've simply said "[AMOUNT OF TIME] just feels too long." and that would've made more sense than "Not as many people are here as when the event first started, therefore the event should end."
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    IMO it's kind of funny as most of the time people would rather events go on longer, but for some reason someone wants the event cut short, because I guess they're annoyed by having it around?