[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Independence Day Redcap Event

What is happening?
RedcoatsRedcaps are invading Freeholds. Show them the error of their ways. (Hit them with attacks 50 times to make them go away. Each hit can have them drop an Independence Token; it's random though, so you may end up with anywhere from many to few to none per individual redcap.)
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/this-week-in-tera-july-1-7
Starting the morning of Thursday, July 4 and ending the evening of Sunday, July 7

Where is Freeholds?
You can reach Freeholds by either teleporting/flying to Chebika and running north or by grabbing a Bamarama Teleport Scroll from a Specialty Store merchant.

More generally, Freeholds is part of Val Aureum, Southern Arun. (The continent where Velika is.)

What is in the token shop?
  • Firecracker String - 50 tokens
  • Star-Sprangled Sunglasses - 888 tokens
  • Freedom Band - 888 tokens
  • Firework (Star) - 75 tokens
  • Powdered Wig - 150 tokens (For Males, 7 day duration)
  • Firesnap - 100 tokens

How the heck am I supposed to earn that many tokens?!?
The redcaps are plentiful. (To the point of causing FPS losses for me in a few locations, though that might just be the area too, I haven't been in Freeholds in a while.) Switch channel, move around, and go wild. You can easily just AE a bunch of them. It took me about an hour to earn about 1,200 tokens. (And a good chunk of that was spent picking the tokens up, so I'd strongly suggest an auto-loot pet for the sake of your sanity. Also keep in mind the decay timer for the tokens, so pick things up soon after they drop, and not when the redcap is flattened, because otherwise you might miss out on tokens.)

Thrallfield was absolutely crawling with them for me, though they were present in all parts of Freeholds.

There is a limit of 1000 on the tokens, so you might need to buy things mid-killing spree to be able to keep picking the tokens up.
The tokens can't be banked, though the items bought can be. The fireworks can also be traded. Sunglasses and Band are permanent.
There is a login event, where you can claim 1, 7, 7, 6 tokens over four days. (Reset being at midnight PDT, if I'm reading the UI correctly.)
The tokens have an expiration timer, so use them before that is over sometime late Sunday/early Monday (depending on timezone).

Wait, how do I switch channel? And what the heck is a channel?
Much like on a TV, you can tune into different channels. Just instead of different stations, it's the same station done multiple times. They just keep track of the monsters in there individually. In other words, multiple instances of the zone, just openly accessible.

To access them, look to your Compass/Radar. Next to your Compass/Radar there is a line with "Ch.1 Low" (the green Low can be a yellow Medium and orange High as well). Click on that and you get a drop down with the number of available channels for the zone you're in. Just select a different one and you will switch over to that channel.

Not every area will have multiple channels. Some locations also do not have channels at all, in which case that part next to the Radar will not be there. (You might have noticed this in dungeons in particular.)

Freeholds appears to have 10 of them.


Happy Independence Day and good hunting! (Just bring your own food for your BBQ, the good folk of Freeholds seem to be out right now.)

Comments

  • VralaneaVralanea ✭✭
    Sorcerer's Hail Storm + Frost Sphere or Glacial Retreat with Hail Storm's Reload EP will indeed swamp you with tokens all around. It's fun to hit a crowd of those dorfs and put 'f' and my autolooter to work.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    Ellexem wrote: »
    It took me about an hour to earn about 1,200 tokens.

    That's actually... really slow. You can expect to get A LOT more than that in an hour. Like.. 5000+/hour.

    My biggest issue is the decay timer. Even with an auto-loot pet, I just can't pick the tokens up fast enough.

  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    TJKat wrote: »
    That's actually... really slow. You can expect to get A LOT more than that in an hour. Like.. 5000+/hour.

    Okay, do you want me to add "and that was my slow-poke, high-ping self, so you should have no problems at all getting a sizable amount."?

    It wasn't meant to serve as an impressive number, more to show what you can easily be able to reach, so that people don't end up lamenting or fretting about the item costs. If that is made clearer by highlighting the factors on my side then I'll happily edit that part.

    Item decay was ultimately also what drove me to settle on that kill speed, since the one time I went faster I quickly ended up with more than half a dozen decays because I just couldn't keep up with picking things up. Which was why I tried to highlight that issue for people to keep in mind. (Along with the tokens not being bankable, so they don't accidentally pick any of them up on a character without an auto-loot pet, like I ended up doing since I didn't read the tool-tip clearly before clicking claim.)
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Ellexem wrote: »
    TJKat wrote: »
    That's actually... really slow. You can expect to get A LOT more than that in an hour. Like.. 5000+/hour.

    Okay, do you want me to add "and that was my slow-poke, high-ping self, so you should have no problems at all getting a sizable amount."?

    It wasn't meant to serve as an impressive number, more to show what you can easily be able to reach, so that people don't end up lamenting or fretting about the item costs. If that is made clearer by highlighting the factors on my side then I'll happily edit that part.

    Item decay was ultimately also what drove me to settle on that kill speed, since the one time I went faster I quickly ended up with more than half a dozen decays because I just couldn't keep up with picking things up. Which was why I tried to highlight that issue for people to keep in mind. (Along with the tokens not being bankable, so they don't accidentally pick any of them up on a character without an auto-loot pet, like I ended up doing since I didn't read the tool-tip clearly before clicking claim.)

    Thank you so much for all of your info and for all of your help on this forum. It is really so much appreciated. I am going on now to play some.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    BTW, Please don't change the event EME as most of us will only be able to play for a bit due to the holiday and having to actually spend time with our family. LOL It's so cool to have events where we aren't fighting for stuff. Love it.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    No need to get defensive. I just wanted to point out that it's even easier than you made it out to be.

    Your example shows that it takes about 45 minutes to get a pair of sunglasses. While that's not bad considering how stingy EME is giving out free permanent stuff these days, it doesn't really get me excited about getting more than a couple pairs of sunglasses and then moving on. My example shows that without too much effort (and it's not a lot of effort) you can get those sunglasses in 10-15 minutes.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 4
    Vralanea wrote: »
    Sorcerer's Hail Storm + Frost Sphere or Glacial Retreat with Hail Storm's Reload EP will indeed swamp you with tokens all around. It's fun to hit a crowd of those dorfs and put 'f' and my autolooter to work.

    Yeah, that seems to work good.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 5
    TJKat wrote: »
    Ellexem wrote: »
    It took me about an hour to earn about 1,200 tokens.

    That's actually... really slow. You can expect to get A LOT more than that in an hour. Like.. 5000+/hour.

    My biggest issue is the decay timer. Even with an auto-loot pet, I just can't pick the tokens up fast enough.

    That was actually brought up in the OP in the same paragraph you pulled your quote from. They outright said one can get even more tokens in less time if certain conditions are met (specifically, having an auto-loot pet).
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    No need to fight about how many tokens we can get. It's a nice event, but the leveling up event is getting all my time atm.
Sign In or Register to comment.