[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Is having multiple accounts allowed and not bannable?

Like is it allowed to make one character on one account and another on another account? Also is it allowed to play them both at once? It's a weird question ik, I only have one account but was considering making another and was wondering if it's allowed. Thanks!

Comments

• StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    It is allowed! Depending on how many accounts you have it might lock you out for a 24 hour waiting period tho. I dont remember the number you have to hit. One extra account should be fine
  • thank you, I appreciate it :)
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    i think it's 3 "new accounts" can be logged in per day and if you try to log in to more "new accounts" you'll get an user authentication error that prevents you from logging in to "new accounts". However, after you've logged in to an account a few times (not sure if it's just at least twice or maybe a few more) then it becomes "recognized" and won't count towards the 3 "new account" limit a day. For example, I have about 30 storage accounts I use but since I've created and logged in to them over the past few years, I have no problem logging in to all of them each day if I wanted to. However, if I were to make new accounts, I would get the aforementioned error after 3 of them and would not be able to log in to anything not "recognized" for a day or so.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    kamizuma wrote: »
    i think it's 3 "new accounts" can be logged in per day and if you try to log in to more "new accounts" you'll get an user authentication error that prevents you from logging in to "new accounts". However, after you've logged in to an account a few times (not sure if it's just at least twice or maybe a few more) then it becomes "recognized" and won't count towards the 3 "new account" limit a day. For example, I have about 30 storage accounts I use but since I've created and logged in to them over the past few years, I have no problem logging in to all of them each day if I wanted to. However, if I were to make new accounts, I would get the aforementioned error after 3 of them and would not be able to log in to anything not "recognized" for a day or so.

Oh wow, thanks for the info. My family has 4 accounts, but we were all kind of wondering how it really worked. I am glad they let us have multiple accounts, because I am really tired of having to use my kid's account after they stop playing. This way, I can still log in and get them rewards on the same computer as my daughter does still play events.

I never really wondered why games limits accounts, but it does make sense as to why they stopped giving away codes for free stuff. I was always told account limit was 4 on the same computer (not sure where they got that info), but the same people would always have loads of free items every time there was a free item code. I think they've made a smart move by only having temp items or not tradable items from item codes now.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    kamizuma wrote: »

Oh wow, thanks for the info. My family has 4 accounts, but we were all kind of wondering how it really worked. I am glad they let us have multiple accounts, because I am really tired of having to use my kid's account after they stop playing. This way, I can still log in and get them rewards on the same computer as my daughter does still play events.

I never really wondered why games limits accounts, but it does make sense as to why they stopped giving away codes for free stuff. I was always told account limit was 4 on the same computer (not sure where they got that info), but the same people would always have loads of free items every time there was a free item code. I think they've made a smart move by only having temp items or not tradable items from item codes now.

ya i think it's per computer as well instead of per ip address so if you end up getting another computer/laptop one day you can log on even more :)
  • StarSprite wrote: »
    It is allowed! Depending on how many accounts you have it might lock you out for a 24 hour waiting period tho. I dont remember the number you have to hit. One extra account should be fine

And actually if more people had done this rather than cram twenty characters on one account, I think when the last server merge happened, there wouldn't have been as much deleting of max level characters going around. I mean honestly, you think EmE will complain if you buy elite on more than one account?
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard it was actually not allowed a long time ago.
    A friend was banned due to having multiple accounts when Tonka was still a CM.
    Nothing to worry about now, as mentioned previously.
  • I heard it was actually not allowed a long time ago.
    A friend was banned due to having multiple accounts when Tonka was still a CM.
    Nothing to worry about now, as mentioned previously.

It was always allowed from initial launch on, but if you had multiple accounts to evade a ban or something, that could get you in trouble. I suspect there was something else going on there beyond just having multiple accounts.
  • I am sure people have more than 5 accounts logged on for bot fishing.
  • LADR9J9635LADR9J9635 ✭✭
    edited July 12
    In the Old days of tera yes having multiple accounts and using a multi client was bannable if we look at tera toay lets be honest Enmasse probably doesn't give a rat's @## about what exploits occur.
  • LADR9J9635 wrote: »
    In the Old days of tera yes having multiple accounts and using a multi client was bannable if we look at tera doay lets be honest Enmasse probably doesn't give a rat's @## about what exploits occur.

I guess you missed this:

It was always allowed from initial launch on, but if you had multiple accounts to evade a ban or something, that could get you in trouble. I suspect there was something else going on there beyond just having multiple accounts.

• Guess you missed when i mentioned mutli client huh?
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    You are not a serious player if you don't have at least 10+ fishbots.