Fishing rods

Hi, i was wondering which fishing rod i should invest in, Xermental Or Ash-sapling ?
The Xermental at max lvl (8) gives 25% higher chance for great fish. while the Ash sapling is a flat 2.6% chance for BAF. i'm really not sure which is better ...
i haven't seen any discussion about fishing rods yet so i thought i'll ask what you guys who fish alot think.

Comments

• Xermetal. Everyone in my guild who fishes,uses it.
  • Xermetal. Everyone in my guild who fishes,uses it.

yeah it seems like xermental is the usual pick for some reason...
    i would love to hear what people who use Ash got to say
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    I have t8 of every rod and I agree that xermetal is best because it increases your average caught fish tier by quite a bit. If you have t8 xermetal and t5 bait, you only catch grade 9-10 fish and don't even catch grade 8. A grade 10 fish is half the tokens/fillets of a BAF so it's pretty good to consistently get grade 10 fish (I think I get about 40% grade 10 and 60% grade 9 with the t8 xermetal and t5 bait setup). With a t8 ash or fairy, I usually only get like 20% grade 10. Ash might be ok if you want to manual fish all the time but you'd still prob end up getting more tokens/fillet an hour by using xermetal. Fairy is situational in that if you afk for short bursts of time (before your inv fills up/you run out of bait) then fairy is the best afk rod in terms of xp/hour. However, if you afk for long periods of time (like hours when you go out of house ect.) then xermetal is actually the best afk rod.
  • kamizuma wrote: »
    I have t8 of every rod and I agree that xermetal is best because it increases your average caught fish tier by quite a bit. If you have t8 xermetal and t5 bait, you only catch grade 9-10 fish and don't even catch grade 8. A grade 10 fish is half the tokens/fillets of a BAF so it's pretty good to consistently get grade 10 fish (I think I get about 40% grade 10 and 60% grade 9 with the t8 xermetal and t5 bait setup). With a t8 ash or fairy, I usually only get like 20% grade 10. Ash might be ok if you want to manual fish all the time but you'd still prob end up getting more tokens/fillet an hour by using xermetal. Fairy is situational in that if you afk for short bursts of time (before your inv fills up/you run out of bait) then fairy is the best afk rod in terms of xp/hour. However, if you afk for long periods of time (like hours when you go out of house ect.) then xermetal is actually the best afk rod.

Thanks for your answer mate!
    i mean is that 2.6% chance of Ash anywhere noticeable?
    like lets say can you catch a BAF every 40 fishes or so ? or do you have any idea what's the chance to catch a BAF with any given rod?
    couldn't find any info about that.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I don't think it's that noticeable :( But then again I don't manual fish that much nowadays anyways since I like to just leave the afk fish on while i work on other stuff haha

Also i'm not too sure what the base chance of a BAF is. The easiest way to get them would be to use popori bait but those cost emp.
  • alright
    then i'll probably go for the Ash , i like the excitment that comes with catching BAF's :P its not about the money hehe
  • I have a t6 fairywing because I usually afk, but I pop a fish salad and use popori bait for a half hour of manual fishing, I usually catch 12 - 14 BAFs before the salad runs out. I haven't tested that yet with an ash rod; I just got one but it's only t2 at the moment.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forget the names, but gray rod is best if you do a lot of manual fishing. Go green rod if you prefer to do other stuff while fishing.

Don't bother with red rod. If you have popori or special bait the gray or green rod work just as well if not better.