[PS4/XB1] Maintenance has completed! Thank you for your patience!

Terachic Boutique Coins.

Comments

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    Just more false promises from eme. Still waiting on the emporium update that was promised 3 years ago.

Don't forget the coupons!

Gods forbid some of us like the original armor sets.
  • DaddykuryonDaddykuryon ✭✭
    edited July 13
    Do not put too much faith in EME anymore. They have made many promises in the past that they've yet to keep.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elite Rework: Said it would get rework 3 years ago. Is still the same, with just a few additions, that does not really add value.
    Emporium rework: Again, 3 years ago, still nothing.
    Fashion coupons: Started and left unfinished, promising part 2 would be out soon, we been waiting 2 years already.

Instead, we got a promised rework of the old Federation Bills, a rework that came in the form of a complete removal of them.
  • edited July 14
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    Elite Rework: Said it would get rework 3 years ago. Is still the same, with just a few additions, that does not really add value.
    Fashion coupons: Started and left unfinished, promising part 2 would be out soon, we been waiting 2 years already.

Instead, we got a promised rework of the old Federation Bills, a rework that came in the form of a complete removal of them.

Honestly, banking on the "old promises" is pointless. All of the TERA PC leadership has changed 100% in that time. So bringing up, like, "your predecessor's predecessor made/authorized a post on the forum that implied you were going to work on something three years ago" is like "well, yeah, they're not here anymore..."

I keep asking them to work on it because it still needs doing, but holding onto these old promises as if to guilt them isn't going to work. The people who made or authorized those promises are gone, so have to convince people it's worth doing on its merits. And, unfortunately, these aren't getting top priority from anyone.

(Elite is a bit of a special case because it actually did change a lot since then, but people still aren't satisfied with it. I think it needs a new proposal instead.)
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14

Honestly, banking on the "old promises" is pointless. All of the TERA PC leadership has changed 100% in that time. So bringing up, like, "your predecessor's predecessor made/authorized a post on the forum that implied you were going to work on something three years ago" is like "well, yeah, they're not here anymore..."

I keep asking them to work on it because it still needs doing, but holding onto these old promises as if to guilt them isn't going to work. The people who made or authorized those promises are gone, so have to convince people it's worth doing on its merits. And, unfortunately, these aren't getting top priority from anyone.

(Elite is a bit of a special case because it actually did change a lot since then, but people still aren't satisfied with it. I think it needs a new proposal instead.)

My my, wouldn't it be interesting if this happen at a restaurant?
    Where the chef was changed and clients were left waiting for their food indefinitely.

In short, the "old promises" have no value whatsoever.
    And new ones are nonexistent or follow the same pattern.
    Glad to know what to expect.
  • edited July 14

My my, wouldn't it be interesting if this happen at a restaurant?
    Where the chef was changed and clients were left waiting for their food indefinitely.

In short, the "old promises" have no value whatsoever.
    And new ones are nonexistent or follow the same pattern.
    Glad to know what to expect.

No, it's more like if you spoke to the chef at a restaurant and they told you their plans of what would be coming on a future menu. Then, for unexpected reasons, that chef left the restaurant and a new chef took over. You come back to the restaurant some time later and ask for the items the *old* chef had said were coming on the future menu... but that chef isn't there anymore and the new chef is implementing their own menu instead.

But anyway, honestly, I expect nothing. The old staff who indicated they were considering it are all gone. The new staff are all busy doing other things and really only want to prioritize things that can be rolled out on all platforms together (PC and Console). And the fact that it hasn't been done in three years actually works against the argument because it proves that it "clearly" isn't that critical. I'm not giving up... but I have no expectations, only a small hope. Clinging to old promises at this point is just living in the past and will just compound people's bitterness.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14
    Transparency is something that should not even be a promise from the company to the players, it should be a given.

At this time, i believe all of the players, including you @counterpoint deserve a proper explanation of what is going on with these projects, and if the new team are gonna follow on them, or just ditch them completely.

At least is what i believe they should do, there really is no excuse for EME to show up personally here, instead of using the player council, to properly relay the status of said projects.

Cause im sure you know this, EU TERA and other regions have a lot more updated things than us, so why we NA have to be the only ones who get delayed updates, innaccurate patch notes, outdated in game shops, outdated elite service (eu elite is much more updated cause it gives you useful things), OUTDATED DRESSING ROOM THAT HAS NOT BEEN FIXED FOR OVER A YEAR...

I could go on, but as a player yourself, you should understand the frustration that exist with all of this promises not being fulfilled, and constantly avoided for other more "important" projects we have no idea about @counterpoint
  • "The new staff are all busy doing other things"

Can you specify what kind of "THINGS" they're doing? Cuz what we see is, well, nothing just messed up servers,patches,maintenences and cashgrab promotions. That's all they're doing. Btw, the dressing room is still a mess, so probably it'd be a good start make it right, after like 1 year. And this mess is the NEW staffs doing, dont protect them.
  • Xenoverse wrote: »
    "The new staff are all busy doing other things"

Can you specify what kind of "THINGS" they're doing? Cuz what we see is, well, nothing just messed up servers,patches,maintenences and cashgrab promotions. That's all they're doing. Btw, the dressing room is still a mess, so probably it'd be a good start make it right, after like 1 year. And this mess is the NEW staffs doing, dont protect them.

I agree. communication is key. The devs aren't really forthcoming with information lately - maybe patchnotes but its generally "standard maintenance, nothing new ---- oooops we encountered an unexpected issue from standard maint and will need a few more hours".

Just tell us on the plans and a completion % so we can kind of get an idea.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15
    The main issue is, not even counting the re-works of previously-mentioned projects;
    The Botique itself was a promise by the current team, and there hasn't been hide nor hair of any sort of news on what's going on, and that's what bothers me.
    I could undestand all of Spacey's and Sean's 'promised' changes not being done per Counter's example, and to be honest, we should know better than to expect that stuff to be fufilled, for a multitude of reasons, however the botique never got the following;
    A solid reasoning of being delayed while other regions immediately got a release, with only a vague 'We're not happy, we want you guys to be happy' etc. At this point, I'm thinking their idea of us being 'happy' is not having it all.
    An ETA or set release date.
    An update of any kind, it's just sat there saying 'soon' which is becoming a meme (it already was one, but now those of us who dismantled costumes are spreading the meme).

It's ridiculous. "More transparency" they said. "We constantly try to be active in the forum" they said. Sure, Rox gives us mostly transparency on Discord, but the last time they posted on the forum was June 6th, over a month ago, that wasn't a Maintenance or Event announcement post (the one I reference is actually a response to a community member's event comment thread, but still isn't announcing an event per-say). So many threads ignored or neglected, like this one, and all the Player Council can do is say "Look at this" "look at that" but nobody can make them interact with us in their free time. Most issues or questions get ignored in the Streams and in Discord, as I've watched in the back and seen it happened first hand. I understand if it was like a project or something and you can't speak about it, but come on. When a bug (the Calendar), or when a new feature (the Botique shop) is brought up and not even a simple "We haven't heard anything from BlueHole" or "We're still working on it, this is what we have so far" isn't provided (no matter how counter-productive the staff may see it) it's pathetic. It really is. 🙄
  • edited July 15
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    however the botique never got the following;
    A solid reasoning of being delayed while other regions immediately got a release, with only a vague 'We're not happy, we want you guys to be happy' etc. At this point, I'm thinking their idea of us being 'happy' is not having it all.
    An ETA or set release date.
    An update of any kind, it's just sat there saying 'soon' which is becoming a meme (it already was one, but now those of us who dismantled costumes are spreading the meme).

I know people don't want to hear from me, but at the very least I will tell you what I know (to the degree I'm allowed to say due to NDA):

This happened right after the whole dismantling debacle that caused the rollback, and I and some others were concerned if there was a risk of yet another merchant being screwed up unless it was well-tested (given we heard at the time other regions had an issue with this system). Of course it wasn't the expectation that it would result in a long delay. When there was the suggestion of pausing the system to make sure they got it right, it wasn't realized at the time that this would only be the store part and not the dismantling part, so in retrospect I think it was too late to apply any fixes anyway.

I do also know that Rox is aware of this issue and does intend to populate the merchant, but I don't know the timing.

Please understand that when I'm saying this (and the earlier posts), I'm not trying to cover for them. The staff don't post on the forum anymore, but I'm still around so I'm trying to say what I can. I would like them to make an announcement about all these issues (and on the forum because this is where a lot of the complaints about it are). I would also like them to come to the forum more often in general, but that's partly why I don't want it to only be a place where any staff that makes an appearance gets harangued with guilt trips and complaints about broken promises from years ago. I believe we need to try to stay objective and look to the future to stay relevant.

If people want to talk to the staff these days, I recommend you go to the EME Discord. No matter how you or I may prefer forums (and personally, I do prefer forums a lot), that's where the staff like to hang out these days. Rox and some of the other staff talk to people in general chat a bit almost every day, including providing status on things when they can or when they know. But there too, I recommend just asking the question in a forward-looking way.
  • "When there was the suggestion of pausing the system to make sure they got it right, it wasn't realized at the time that this would only be the store part and not the dismantling part, so in retrospect I think it was too late to apply any fixes anyway."

Finally an answer. That means forget the terachic thing cuz never gonna happen. Thank you!
    I feel sad about the players who already dismantled their stuff for this useless coin.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    "EME discord, that's where the staff like to hang out these days"

Not a valid excuse for them to ditch their main source of feedback and information to the players. What you are saying is that basically, EME is throwing the ball to the player council, and letting them take the brunt of the players concerns, feedback and complains, cause they can't be bothered to do it themselves.

How about they just shut down the forums instead? Now that we know they won't bother with it unless is to lick the boots of a positive post, or just post the normal maintenance posts.

And I'm sorry if I come aggressive and not constructive, but you have to realuze, that this is incredibly frustrating for us as players, that the publishers are just that much out of touch with the players.
  • Man this conversations still a thing? Wow.

You have to understand how frustrating it is for us players- literally everyone.

That lines been posted aboutt as much as We promise to be more transparent- Eme

Its old, played out, changes nothing. The player base is aware this is a last ditch cash grab, the cognitive dissonance the staff and player base show towards the issue is utterly insane.

If youve the ability to look away from the Sunk Cost fallacy, which many cannot, do yourself a favor and play a better game and be smarter with your money.

They know the player base is too addicted/attached to let go, that the player base lacks the self control to protest the easy cash grab answers so they keep doing it and will keep doing it until running the games costs more than what the players are putting in.
This discussion has been closed.