[PC] We will be entering into server maintenance on 8/22 at 6am PDT. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Terachic Boutique Coins.

Comments

• edited July 15
    Xenoverse wrote: »
    "When there was the suggestion of pausing the system to make sure they got it right, it wasn't realized at the time that this would only be the store part and not the dismantling part, so in retrospect I think it was too late to apply any fixes anyway."

Finally an answer. That means forget the terachic thing cuz never gonna happen. Thank you!
    I feel sad about the players who already dismantled their stuff for this useless coin.

Just to be perfectly clear, the plan is still that the merchant will happen. Just that the reason proposed for it being delayed in the first place, it turns out, wasn't a solvable problem anyway (in other words, in retrospect, I think there was no point in delaying it).

Zoknahal wrote: »
    Not a valid excuse for them to ditch their main source of feedback and information to the players. What you are saying is that basically, EME is throwing the ball to the player council, and letting them take the brunt of the players concerns, feedback and complains, cause they can't be bothered to do it themselves.

And just to be clear on this, I'm saying their "main source of feedback and information to the players" now is not the Forum, but Discord. They use Discord to gauge player concerns, feedback, and complaints (including through direct interactions with everyone on general chat). Since there are still some people who like to hang out here instead (like me!), I try to raise those points so they don't get lost. But the forum is not the hub anymore. Discord is. Again, not my choice or preference, but that's just how the staff works now. If you want to get in touch with the staff directly (outside of a support request), my best advice is to go to Discord, for better or worse. It's the reality.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a valid excuse for them to ditch their main source of feedback and information to the players. What you are saying is that basically, EME is throwing the ball to the player council, and letting them take the brunt of the players concerns, feedback and complains, cause they can't be bothered to do it themselves.

And just to be clear on this, I'm saying their "main source of feedback and information to the players" now is not the Forum, but Discord. They use Discord to gauge player concerns, feedback, and complaints (including through direct interactions with everyone on general chat). Since there are still some people who like to hang out here instead (like me!), I try to raise those points so they don't get lost. But the forum is not the hub anymore. Discord is. Again, not my choice or preference, but that's just how the staff works now. If you want to get in touch with the staff directly (outside of a support request), my best advice is to go to Discord, for better or worse. It's the reality.

Of all the alternatives, why Discord and not Reddit? In my (very brief) exposure to the TERA Discord, it was pretty much just like Global chat but with less swearing and talk of "elin honey" (if you don't already know what this is, for your own sanity do not research this). Might as well just scrap the forums at this point since, according to you at least (and I totally believe it, for the record), the GMs care f**k all about them.

At least with Reddit, you can better gauge how people feel about a specific subject even if it's just through up/downvotes. A couple hundred or thousand votes or comments regarding, say, yet another currency system that's been introduced then immediately tossed in the toilet could finally properly tell EME "Hey! This thing you did? It sucks and we'd like you to fix it!"
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @SageWindu

Why discord? literally, the few times i have used it to try and reach a GM about a specific topic, or try to discuss it, all i get is "Welcome to NA" and things like that.

No constructivism at all, and when i tried to reach a member from the EME staff through personal DMs, guess what!! they have it disabled! you cannot reach them through personal DMs, you have to ping them in the chat, and hope they answer. How is that suppose to help some players that maybe want to discuss something personally with a GM, so that they don't have to deal with the immaturity that is the general chat?

• MythologiqueMythologique ✭✭
    edited July 16
    SageWindu wrote: »
    At least with Reddit, you can better gauge how people feel about a specific subject even if it's just through up/downvotes. A couple hundred or thousand votes or comments regarding, say, yet another currency system that's been introduced then immediately tossed in the toilet could finally properly tell EME "Hey! This thing you did? It sucks and we'd like you to fix it!"

The forums had this. A community manager's(?) post got downvoted so hard by the community that EME chose to remove the ability to downvote entirely.

Also by and large, Reddit is just a giant echo chamber of people using downvotes to block out things they don't want to see rather than as a way of expressing a general opinion of something. Perfectly reasonable posts can get absolutely buried just because some people didn't like it; the legitimacy, importance or relevance of the subject itself isn't even a factor.

Discord on the other hand is an absolute sh!tstain of a platform to use and I can make an educated guess without having used the EME discord personally that any attempt at making intelligent communication with staff will be drowned out by random people aggressively dumping on you thinking that they know better and thus need to be a part of that discussion/can answer on the staff's behalf. Which they don't, and can't.

The fact the forums are as neglected as they are speaks volumes. EME don't want the impact of their decisions to be easily measurable with a simple positive or negative number. We had the power to downvote, they decided it was too much.
  • edited July 16
    No constructivism at all, and when i tried to reach a member from the EME staff through personal DMs, guess what!! they have it disabled! you cannot reach them through personal DMs, you have to ping them in the chat, and hope they answer. How is that suppose to help some players that maybe want to discuss something personally with a GM, so that they don't have to deal with the immaturity that is the general chat?

That's because most people who try to PM staff members are just hoping to jump the queue on their support tickets. Obviously I liked back when we had a live chat support system for Elite too, but that actually had a real queue with agents, not "randomly DM all the staff so that somebody will take your case immediately."

And well, this isn't a great answer, but the reason they created a player council was to streamline feedback to them so they don't have to get DMs from every single player with their personal wants or needs. I assure you that these issues have come up (I've brought them up to the point where I feel I can't mention it without being dismissed as a nag). It's not for lack of knowing or trying. But this does not magically free up the staff resources to do the things. They definitely know players want these things.

The forums do have their place -- well-organized posts that present a clear explanation of an issue and constructive solution (or even just a clear explanation of a problem) are still better to post on the forum and link to. I link to it frequently. But it's just not where the conversation/dialog is happening anymore.

Anyway, at the very least for this particular boutique, it is still on the active radar and hasn't gone into the "years old promises" category that the other stuff is. At least there's a clear intention to do it, so that's something.
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

That's because most people who try to PM staff members are just hoping to jump the queue on their support tickets. Obviously I liked back when we had a live chat support system for Elite too, but that actually had a real queue with agents, not "randomly DM all the staff so that somebody will take your case immediately."

And well, this isn't a great answer, but the reason they created a player council was to streamline feedback to them so they don't have to get DMs from every single player with their personal wants or needs. I assure you that these issues have come up (I've brought them up to the point where I feel I can't mention it without being dismissed as a nag). It's not for lack of knowing or trying. But this does not magically free up the staff resources to do the things. They definitely know players want these things.

The forums do have their place -- well-organized posts that present a clear explanation of an issue and constructive solution (or even just a clear explanation of a problem) are still better to post on the forum and link to. I link to it frequently. But it's just not where the conversation/dialog is happening anymore.

Anyway, at the very least for this particular boutique, it is still on the active radar and hasn't gone into the "years old promises" category that the other stuff is. At least there's a clear intention to do it, so that's something.

In other words, Soon™
  • WaitressWaitress ✭✭
    Just wanted to say that a company as old as EME turning to Discord as their main way of feedback is the most unprofessional thing I've heard in a really really long time. Does Walmart ignore it's site, customers and twitter just because it makes them uncomfortable to see consistent complaints? Can you imagine a major company seriously closing themselves off to only a discord server? What a joke!

I don't know how else to say it but to say it
    If you're a grown adult and your job hurts your feelings so much that it actually makes you run away then maybe you need another job. Let someone who can handle criticism do it. Come on lmao. Really?? You have to have a hugbox environment or else you give it the cold shoulder? What is Tera to you, your boyfriend or your job? It's ridiculous. I have no idea why anyone would willing take these kinds of jobs and then goes "waah I dont wanna keep hearing complaints" what do you think you're there for? Your Hollywood debut streaming to a sea of 100 people? I check here once every 5 or 6 months and continue to see the same complaints and over time I see the staff ghosting more and more. Complete joke.
  • edited July 16
    Waitress wrote: »
    If you're a grown adult and your job hurts your feelings so much that it actually makes you run away then maybe you need another job.

They don't avoid the forum because it "hurts their feelings" or because it "makes them uncomforable to see consistent complaints" but because they think they get the feedback they need to do their job more efficiently on Discord. It's not like they get less complaints there.

If you think the reason things aren't actioned is because they're avoiding people's complaints or aren't aware of the feedback, you're honestly wrong. Knowing is only half the battle, as it were.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »

The forums had this. A community manager's(?) post got downvoted so hard by the community that EME chose to remove the ability to downvote entirely.

Also by and large, Reddit is just a giant echo chamber of people using downvotes to block out things they don't want to see rather than as a way of expressing a general opinion of something. Perfectly reasonable posts can get absolutely buried just because some people didn't like it; the legitimacy, importance or relevance of the subject itself isn't even a factor.

I suppose that's a fair counterargument. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people get s**t on just for asking for help, new player or otherwise.

I wonder if that person who got "vote bombed" took a step back and wondered "Wow. People really like that. I wonder why...?" as opposed to just turning the s**t off and pretending it never existed. That's something "artists" do when they hear a piece of legit criticism they don't like.
  • SageWindu wrote: »
    I wonder if that person who got "vote bombed" took a step back and wondered "Wow. People really like that. I wonder why...?" as opposed to just turning the s**t off and pretending it never existed. That's something "artists" do when they hear a piece of legit criticism they don't like.

The person who got "vote-bombed" was technically Harmonia who was just posting the news message on behalf of Denommentor who had just stepped into the Producer role. Suffice it to say they took notice of it (and issued a follow-up shortly thereafter acknowledging the complaints), but it was also mostly unavoidable since they didn't know what they were walking into.

That being said, more of the time, the vote system was wildly abused as it is on Reddit. On the whole we're better off without it. If they need a way to rank and prioritize player feedback, it could be done in isolation without applying it to all forum discussion. (A good number of open source projects have a system where people can vote up their favorite features, for instance.)
  • MythologiqueMythologique ✭✭
    edited July 16
    That being said, more of the time, the vote system was wildly abused as it is on Reddit. On the whole we're better off without it. If they need a way to rank and prioritize player feedback, it could be done in isolation without applying it to all forum discussion. (A good number of open source projects have a system where people can vote up their favorite features, for instance.)

Except it was just a number, as opposed to something that actively buried comments or entire threads. Whichever way anyone chooses to look at it, at the end of the day that's exactly what it was - just a number. What we have nowadays instead of that is...also a number, but it's one that can only be positive.

Also I suppose this is better off being its own thread at this point. There's not much boutique discussion going on at page 3.
  • LADR9J9635LADR9J9635 ✭✭
    edited July 17
    Mod Edit: Removed for nonconstructive posting attacking EME and its staff, in violation of Forum Rules 1C. 1F, and 1I.
  • LADR9J9635 wrote: »
    your company

Counterpoint is not an EME employee, so the tone and direction of this post is a bit misguided.
  • LADR9J9635LADR9J9635 ✭✭
    edited July 17
    (removed.)
This discussion has been closed.