[PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/17 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

The Big Forgotten/Neglected Projects Thread

Here we go again, one more try, one more attempt, let us pray it does not fall on deaf ears or get tossed under the rug again.

The thread that inspired me to make this

Let us have a hopefully constructive conversation about this topics. It is no secret that NA TERA is currently suffering of a giant lack of communication in between the players and the publishers, EME, not to mention the decisions they took to use a disorganized platform to gather feedback (EME discord) rather than their official Forums.
Lots of attempts at communicating issues within the game, were made, but were never addressed properly, some that still need addressing. The Team at EME changed over time, and many projects were left behind in favor of unknown activities to the players, thus creating a huge void in between the players and the publishers. We are literally forced to use Discord to try and get in contact with the staff team, but in order to do that, we have to go through what i like to call, Global Chat 2.0, aka, EME discord general chat.

Is that, or we have to place a support ticket, which will get answered, but unfortunately with the same answer we get all the time: "Thank you for the feedback, we will make sure it gets to the right people"

How do we know our feedback is being gathered? how do we know if the players voice is being heard, when we do not hear anything from the publishers themselves? When all we see, are just regular maintenance posts, regular weekly posts for dungeon highlights and stuff, and updates to the cash shop. The only time i have seen them answer a thread in the forums, was to give them credit for the Summer Event being done better than the last year, and just like that, they returned to silence.

But in any case, this thread is to list and talk about possible solutions for the on going projects, and the ones that were probably forgotten somewhere in their desks. We already know that the Terachic Boutique is being worked on, and with a little bit of hope, it wont fall into the "forgotten promises" area, so i will not list it here. What i will list, is projects and things EME said they would work on, but failed to deliver, due to the change of teams, and not properly following onto these projects:

- Elite Status: Everyone who has elite can relate, that as of right now, it doesnt have the best value. With some outdated features, and some features that need improvement, and some others that just need to be removed, it is clear Elite is already due for a look into. Suggestion? Take a look at TERA Club from EU client, which most recently, will add Tikat tokens, which is another way to reward their Club Members, they just added more value to it. 15 free emp per day might be nice and all, but it doesnt make Elite have more value.

- Rewards Emporium: Some time ago, i did heard from the previous team at EME, that they would see into a way to make climbing the tiers, faster. Also, the current list of items, needs some reviewing, as some of them, need to be updated to match the current patch. Probably revise the price on some items such as the Metamorphic tokens (which are a complete scam)

- Fashion Coupons: Enough said with that word, this is a project that was started, yet never finished. Some of us players got involved with that specific project, cause well, some of us like to use armors and lore friendly costumes, rather than what is in the cash shop. As it stands right now, compared to other clients, it is vastly outdated. With the addition of popori brawler, it now has a few more armors missing that should had come with the release of popo brawler. The previous Team, started on this project with the help of some players, and we got some additions to the coupons, but the part 2 was never finished. We were told that in order to finish it, that the English names of the skins in question would be needed to pinpoint them faster and ask BHS to make em for NA. It never happened, even when we went as far as finding the item codes.

- Dressing Room: Is a mess, enough said, is been a mess for a year+ I think is time to either updated it, or fix it.

- Titan Earth/Storm: Big issue that is been on going for months, without getting properly addressed. Supply is very low, hard to come by. A lot of players been sharing feedback regarding this, for months without being heard or even replied to.

I am sure i may be forgetting something, but if you know, please post it. My intention is to gather all of the "feedback" into this thread (in an attempt out of pure frustration and disappointment at the current events) in hopes that it will not just get a proper answer from any EME staff member in charge of the specific areas discussed, but also an update on all of the situations.

Yes, there may be other bigger issues, but this are long standing issues that are being overlooked for way too long already.

Thanx.

Comments

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was going to be for issues that they said they were going to address, but you've added what you think should be on the list, which means they most likely won't even bother with this thread.

They don't want to have to read your page of bs before even starting the list either.
  • @Christin Since Counterpoint pointed out that rehashing old promises made by the former team is effectively us spinning our wheels and to be relevant, we should try to stay objective and look to the future with the new team (in the thread linked by OP, no less), I'd say this thread is just fine the way it is.
  • The people realizing they never got what was promised. FoolishQuarrelsomeGosling-max-1mb.gif
  • LADR9J9635LADR9J9635 ✭✭
    edited July 16
    frankly at this point enmasse isn't going to do anything those promises are long gone and dead. we'll be lucky if we see any kind of change or improvement to Tera that isn't done by the community modding in things through their mods and scripts and use of Proxy. the days of asking and possiblay receiving are over. In the grim darkness of the far future there is only Lootboxes.. and minimal effort.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Krystaline wrote: »
    @Christin Since Counterpoint pointed out that rehashing old promises made by the former team is effectively us spinning our wheels and to be relevant, we should try to stay objective and look to the future with the new team (in the thread linked by OP, no less), I'd say this thread is just fine the way it is.

Did Sean leave? It's fine if he did, but y'all keep saying "former team" even though most of the list was mentioned by him in the streams. Personally, I couldn't really care less if this stuff gets done. Just happy with the latest events and hoping they keep doing events.

Elite was already updated and isn't likely to change. IF you don't think it's a deal, don't buy it. The scrolls get scarfed up super fast, so there's already plenty of demand for Elite as is.

Dressing Room, that seems like a lost cause. I just use broker.

Fashion Coupon store already had it's first wave of changes and that's all you're likely to get. Taking away the ability to buy fashion coupons was mean and taking away the coupon boxes was also mean. Blocking new player's ability to get coupons is a great way to frustrate them out of the game. They will get sick of their little coupon outfit fast enough. However, that one silly fashion coupon outfit that they did buy is enough to invest them into the game. Making it extremely tough for them to get those coupons is not a good move.

Rewards Emporium is a joke since they stopped giving away points and credits in streams. The credit rate is a total rip off seeing as you have to spend a fortune in cash to even get a pretty worthless and basic prize. Spamming Vanguards for points to get to higher tiers is a total waste now as you're not likely to ever have enough credits to redeem top tier prizes unless you have the store linked to your bank account. They could totally drop that emporium and most players wouldn't miss it whatsoever.

Titan Earth/Storm is rare but one of the only incentives left for people to gather. Making them more common so the price can plummet will hurt gatherers. Plus, they knew what they were doing when they set the rate, so changing it is more like a wish.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    The dressing room is a real issue, and the broker isn't a real alternative. You can't trying on smart boxes. You can't try things on if they're not on the broker. But you're right, I doubt it will ever get fixed. The fact that half the dressing room is just duplicate PUBG items and they've never bothered to fix that shows how much they care.
    Fashion Coupon store already had it's first wave of changes and that's all you're likely to get.
    I would be less upset about the FC shop if they would at least restore a lot of the stuff that accidentally(?) got removed the last time they updated it. IMO, the most glaring thing that's missing are brawler weapon skins. Consider that the last three "new" class releases are brawlers, but the only FC options are three colors of kitten mittens (which were added from the Fed Bill shop) and silver powerpulse fists. Selection on the broker isn't much better, which makes it frustrating that they keep pushing brawlers but have no options for weapon skins. They could at least put back the red and black powerpulse fists.
  • TeekzTeekz ✭✭✭
    @CobaltDragon @KitTeaCup

how exactly is a well thought out and constructive post like this blatantly ignored??
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teekz wrote: »
    @CobaltDragon @KitTeaCup

how exactly is a well thought out and constructive post like this blatantly ignored??

Probably because it isn't on EME's discord.
    As other members suggested in the past, the forums should be closed.
  • TeekzTeekz ✭✭✭
    Do you understand how unprofessional that is as a company?
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unprofessional indeed.
    Would still be best for it to be closed rather than simply ignored.
    Otherwise it is simply giving the players the illusion they are being heard.
    While we're all speaking in a void.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 18
    TJKat wrote: »
    The dressing room is a real issue, and the broker isn't a real alternative. You can't trying on smart boxes. You can't try things on if they're not on the broker. But you're right, I doubt it will ever get fixed. The fact that half the dressing room is just duplicate PUBG items and they've never bothered to fix that shows how much they care.
    Fashion Coupon store already had it's first wave of changes and that's all you're likely to get.
    I would be less upset about the FC shop if they would at least restore a lot of the stuff that accidentally(?) got removed the last time they updated it. IMO, the most glaring thing that's missing are brawler weapon skins. Consider that the last three "new" class releases are brawlers, but the only FC options are three colors of kitten mittens (which were added from the Fed Bill shop) and silver powerpulse fists. Selection on the broker isn't much better, which makes it frustrating that they keep pushing brawlers but have no options for weapon skins. They could at least put back the red and black powerpulse fists.

Totally with you on all of your points. Personally, I think they somewhat have no idea on how to do spreadsheets or format the sheets properly to add to the coding. Something must be off if they ended up dropping stuff they didn't intend to. Maybe they should get some help from BHS on that seeing as they seem to not know what they are doing (not attack just honestly) with the data sheets as shown in the duplication for the dressing room.
  • LordMurasamaLordMurasama ✭✭✭
    TJKat wrote: »
    The fact that half the dressing room is just duplicate PUBG items and they've never bothered to fix that shows how much they care.
    It's actually ironic that those particular item ID's (the PUBG ones) haven't been flushed out by now (what seems to normally happen when there are major version updates to the game client) which normally seems to necessitate reloading of the dressing room database. Most of the other regional publishers at least put effort into maintaining their respective dressing rooms but is obviously/sadly not important/priority for EME.

I mean, a free database site like TERA Lore has been able to keep a database of those ID's across different publishers (if you select the region from the top right). A publisher would need something similar with additional querying criteria and the ability to export that data into a format that can be imported to reload the dressing room datastore for the game client since it would be insane to have to manually input this information all the time.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19
    Titan Earth/Storm is rare but one of the only incentives left for people to gather. Making them more common so the price can plummet will hurt gatherers. Plus, they knew what they were doing when they set the rate, so changing it is more like a wish.

No wonder that EME is not even bothering to read the forums since it is filled it very knowledgeable players that know absolutely everything without actually playing the game still giving all sort of weird feedback.

How can you even say that the titan earth/storm is rare when these important basic items needed for etching are actually non existent and because of that the price went from 70g that was the average a few months ago up to 1.5k that is the price these days? And the pumped/keen etchings 2 that were 7k up to 10k a few months ago now are being sold at around 30k up to 50k.. IF THERE IS ANY TO FIND AT THE BROKER EVEN AT THAT PRICE!!

And you talk about gathering? Seriously? Are you just trolling? The items that you talk about from gathering are actually called titan truce/tempest which need to be mixed together ( 3 titan truce gives on titan earth ) and they have such a very low drop rate that one player can end up gathering up to 1k ore and barely get a few of these... also meaning that a player can get up to 30k gold worth of ore and end up with only one titan earth that is barely 1.5k gold ( incentive for gathering when these items barely mean 0,5% of the total gathered materials worth of gold? ).

Is this why we struggle so much in game? Because of this kind of feedback?

Everything is fine? Right?

Saying I don't know what is going on and then precede to cry and whine about every point I've made because it's true is pretty funny. I've gathered plenty, so yeah, I know what the spawn rate is. Yeah, I know you need 3 for each, and yeah, there are some on the broker. You've proved my entire point, so thank you. Aren't there some etchings in the Ace Dungeon shop? They go for around 8k medals, so you're all mad that something for 8k medals in the Ace dungeon shop is not the same price on the broker for gold? Are you serious? So you'd need to run an Ace dungeon 38 times in order to be able to get one of those etchings from the shop. Now, you're all mad, because the price used to be the same as afk fishing for a couple of hours. Am I getting this right? I can fish for a couple of hours and get 10k gold. Obviously, they've intended the etchings to be more expensive than being able to fish a few hours for them. Seeing as they've also made them 8k medals, which would require a player at least around a week to earn them from the Ace dungeon shop.

As I stated previously, they knew what they were doing when they set the spawn rate. You act like they had no idea what those items were used for when they set the rate. Maybe if you have more of a tantrum, they will listen to you. I'd suggest going on discord and let them hear you scream and kick. Sympathy alone has to be worth some type of spawn increase. Maybe you could just tell them they're all ignorant, because they don't play the game. I do love how you constantly tell me I have no idea what is going on, because I don't play the game. Kind of sad how I prove you wrong each and every time. It's truly fun though, because you're so arrogant while you whine and cry like a baby. Didn't work on that broker fee (No one even bothered to follow your demands not to list items. In fact, the broker is flooded with items to purchase.), but golly, it just might work here.