[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Terachic Boutique Coins.

124»

Comments

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    Elite Rework: Said it would get rework 3 years ago. Is still the same, with just a few additions, that does not really add value.
    Emporium rework: Again, 3 years ago, still nothing.
    Fashion coupons: Started and left unfinished, promising part 2 would be out soon, we been waiting 2 years already.

Instead, we got a promised rework of the old Federation Bills, a rework that came in the form of a complete removal of them.

Honestly, banking on the "old promises" is pointless. All of the TERA PC leadership has changed 100% in that time. So bringing up, like, "your predecessor's predecessor made/authorized a post on the forum that implied you were going to work on something three years ago" is like "well, yeah, they're not here anymore..."

I keep asking them to work on it because it still needs doing, but holding onto these old promises as if to guilt them isn't going to work. The people who made or authorized those promises are gone, so have to convince people it's worth doing on its merits. And, unfortunately, these aren't getting top priority from anyone.

(Elite is a bit of a special case because it actually did change a lot since then, but people still aren't satisfied with it. I think it needs a new proposal instead.)

Sean is still there and most of the promises were from him in streams. So yeah, there's that.

Couldn't care less about most of this stuff, but let people farm fashion coupons. The drops should be better as that is a huge incentive for new players to keep playing. It's not really like you're giving them free stuff, because they get sick of the fashion coupon garb right quick. However, it gives new players something to work for, because they don't care about grinding for high gear yet.

I turned one item over to those Boutique coins and stopped after I realized the store wasn't up yet. If you recycled a bunch of outfits, you may be out of luck. I don't really see how they could easily undo something like that.

No, I doubt most of any of this will get done, because they have new games now, and console, so these small projects are most likely not important to them at all.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Waitress wrote: »
    If you're a grown adult and your job hurts your feelings so much that it actually makes you run away then maybe you need another job.

They don't avoid the forum because it "hurts their feelings" or because it "makes them uncomforable to see consistent complaints" but because they think they get the feedback they need to do their job more efficiently on Discord. It's not like they get less complaints there.

If you think the reason things aren't actioned is because they're avoiding people's complaints or aren't aware of the feedback, you're honestly wrong. Knowing is only half the battle, as it were.

Lets face it, Google doesn't crawl discord from what I can tell. Mostly all of the Tera stuff on discord won't come up if you do any type of search for Tera. Of course they want complaints and the stuff we post to go there. That way, no one will see it.

Their discord is a sloppy mess with too many categories. However, they'll not likely come here much seeing as they have other games to take their focus and it's so much work to log into this forum. OMG, you have no idea. Then, they have to type out responses and so on. You simply expect too much, so stop it already. They've moved onto that ultra-awesome graphics game Stranger Things 3. They get $20 up front and since people will get bored of it pretty quickly, they won't have to worry about server usage or long-term player complaints.
  • Christin wrote: »
    I turned one item over to those Boutique coins and stopped after I realized the store wasn't up yet. If you recycled a bunch of outfits, you may be out of luck. I don't really see how they could easily undo something like that.

Someone dismantled a Hello Kitty costume. I was actually speechless.
  • edited July 17
    Christin wrote: »
    Sean is still there and most of the promises were from him in streams. So yeah, there's that.

He's been working on other games for a long time, and no longer has any responsibility for TERA. New producers have come in to take over the role. Just because he wasn't completely fired from the company doesn't change the situation.

Christin wrote: »
    Lets face it, Google doesn't crawl discord from what I can tell. Mostly all of the Tera stuff on discord won't come up if you do any type of search for Tera. Of course they want complaints and the stuff we post to go there. That way, no one will see it.

That's not realistically going to stop the word from getting out, as places like Reddit and all sorts of other gaming websites exist (including the discussion section on Steam, etc.). It's not a conspiracy to stop/silence/bury criticism. They'd just rather hang out on Discord where the most players are these days. Arguments from forum diehards (I would have considered myself one) about why forums are better than chat are just academic exercises that won't change anything; we can get with the times or stay here and pout. I'll still try to make sure any important posts here get to them.
  • TeekzTeekz ✭✭✭
    @counterpoint “get with the times”? like the player base has not tried multiple attempts of fresh ways to approach and communicate with EME and BHS doesn’t matter the platform when the result is the same.

And once again i’ll ask you, what do they pay you?
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teekz wrote: »
    @counterpoint “get with the times”? like the player base has not tried multiple attempts of fresh ways to approach and communicate with EME and BHS doesn’t matter the platform when the result is the same.

And once again i’ll ask you, what do they pay you?

He's not paid.
    Unfortunately, seems to be his hobby.
  • For the amount of grief I get for trying to help bridge the gap, maybe I should be paid. Anyway, this thread has run its course, and when there is news about this merchant, you'll know.
This discussion has been closed.