Pvp is dead

any chance eme may make it more active in the future?

Comments

• ErazusErazus ✭✭
    PvP died when they removed FWC which was equalizing if under certain ilevel.
  • Remove the new gear pvp set and it will revive
  • LADR9J9635LADR9J9635 ✭✭
    edited July 14
    ..no this isn't the issue. The Pvp gear was a step in the right direction, The real issue of why pvp is dead/ dying is because it is not nearly as rewarding as PvE content, PvP died aloong time ago when they first removed the ability for open world PvP below level 65, Battlegrounds became you had to be level 65 to even que, professions became worthless and zones that require competition to grind mobs or dallies stopped being necessary. The only point PvP serves today is entertainment.. and Bragging rights In the old days it had a purpose now it has none and thus it is dead. the other issue that breaks PvP? is the balance today and with awakening skills being horrendously balanced and proxiers everywhere, there is no point to even try playing PvP anymore. because you can't prove anything 3v3 ranking means jack [filtered] today, you don't even get Murderous intent which was a great and awesome item back in the day for those who got ranked in pvp worked and worked hard to get there. No incentive no reward means everyone would rather just PvE to get their stuff. Alliance had a point in Strike force Now it does nothing. HECK ENMASSE even removed the ability to slot Crystals into your armor for PvP, any of those builds or tactics required for it got removed with that. They have no idea what they're doing with it and frankly don't care about PvP they don't know how to make it enjoyable again.
  • LADR9J9635LADR9J9635 ✭✭
    edited July 14
    Then we have the Tera community.. proxies the People who abused Injectors and scripts to be top of the top. before Starfall Patch only a handful of people knew about Proxy. Amaratseu, Manifest,Goodfight,Blacklist,Ascent,Solunar, etc any huge guild during the days of old, only those top guilds with certain people in their circle knew what it was and abused it in 3v3's they were smart about it they'd turn it on during Bgs and such and then turn it off open world keeping it hidden for years. When proxy was first built the person did it to "try and lower ping so people could play more fairly." His good intentions [filtered] over the whole entire game. because of Him and other third party developers people soon learned how to abuse it for other purposes they created other ways to mess with the game and this is on Enmasse for having such poor poor coding and optimization but on top of that its the communities fault for letting this happen instead of saying something they abused it for their own greedy purposes. eventually after the Starfall patch into Imperator and then ambush it became open knowledge and the community decided "I don't want to play with high ping because of where I live Im going to use this and play with lower ping." Once those flood gates opened there was no stopping what came next. Enmasse failed to protect their game but the proxy makers? you guys are the ultimate reason this game became unplayable your good intentions or not so good intentions whatever the heck they were started the downward spiral for this game to collapse and the community just sat by letting it happen.
  • ErazusErazus ✭✭
    edited July 15
    LADR9J9635 wrote: »
    Then we have the Tera community.. proxies the People who abused Injectors and scripts to be top of the top. before Starfall Patch only a handful of people knew about Proxy. Amaratseu, Manifest,Goodfight,Blacklist,Ascent,Solunar, etc any huge guild during the days of old, only those top guilds with certain people in their circle knew what it was and abused it in 3v3's they were smart about it they'd turn it on during Bgs and such and then turn it off open world keeping it hidden for years. When proxy was first built the person did it to "try and lower ping so people could play more fairly." His good intentions [filtered] over the whole entire game. because of Him and other third party developers people soon learned how to abuse it for other purposes they created other ways to mess with the game and this is on Enmasse for having such poor poor coding and optimization but on top of that its the communities fault for letting this happen instead of saying something they abused it for their own greedy purposes. eventually after the Starfall patch into Imperator and then ambush it became open knowledge and the community decided "I don't want to play with high ping because of where I live Im going to use this and play with lower ping." Once those flood gates opened there was no stopping what came next. Enmasse failed to protect their game but the proxy makers? you guys are the ultimate reason this game became unplayable your good intentions or not so good intentions whatever the heck they were started the downward spiral for this game to collapse and the community just sat by letting it happen.
    If you are talking about Tensus Patch and before (since you said "before Starfall Patch", you really, really really do not think things straight and lack intelligence/critical thinking. No one was teleporting back then like they do right now with sp (or especially early stages of proxy/sp), for the little desync that happened back then you would hear complaints about how lucky/desyncy X person was and people would make a huge fit that they lost or whatever because of it and you'd know/hear about it. If people would've used proxy/sp back in the day, you'd see people teleporting all the time during silences/roots but that did not happen. Look during any big BG events (slam and clash), no one teleported or had SP-looking behavior during a root and/or silence. There was not a select few people that were above everyone else skills-wise because they could dash way more skills than others on top of them constantly desyncing/teleporting all the time, that never happened. Also, those big guilds are not programmers, they spend all their free playing TERA, not programming. Making a SP script takes a lot of time to make, especially if you want it to be good. The programmers wouldn't just give their stuff away for free to huge guilds just because, makes no sense.
  • Yeah well you're unfortunately and ultimately incorrect, As I said the the community back then, a large majority of the players were unaware of this existing. it was used in Bgs by being turned on then turned off afterwards to hide that proxy existed. Way earlier than most would think. in fact it was available for use in strike force and before that continuing upwards in the patches. only thing is it was kept very well hidden. I didn't say the Proxy makers distributed the software to the top guilds but it was available and when it was discovered that knowledge was shared amongst people which were then told to be quiet and never mention said thing existed for people didn't want it getting out widespread like it is now today for the advantages it gave in battlegrounds and PvE. Hell people would pay for well designed proxy modules that were much harder to detect or see that proxy was being used. at the time of strike force to renegade Very few in the community had any idea what the hell proxy was or how it worked. No one outside of a select group of people knew it even existed or could be used in game. when no one knew what proxy was they could easily mistake it for the servers being "poorly done." or the person just having a really fast ping compared to their's thus attacks would play out in different and interactions. Another way of cheating. back then was, macroing which was extremely frowned upon by A lot of people.Yet a large amount of the top Pvpers at the time were using it extensively. when caught some tried hiding that they were macroing with excuses of . there used to be threads were players would call one another out on this. there were people who used to sell there Warrior macro's Lancer combo macro's, Archer combo macro's to other players so they could get a edge In PvP/PvE combat.
  • ErazusErazus ✭✭
    I was a top PvE/Per back then, I was literally in the center of both top PvE and PvP aspect of the game. 1700 in 3s, top CoF score runs (big RNG joke of a dungeon, I know but only PvE leaderboard stuff back then), duo ABHM, first to get level 65, first to clear SCHM, fastest SCHM clears, duo SCHM, first to clear DSU1, fastest vault kills (before stunning to stall timer was a thing). If you are talking early lucid/tensus (vm5) patch and before, everything you just said is completely made up and absolute [filtered]. However, if you are talking strictly after that period of time, then I do not know as I was not playing then, I quit the game early vm5 patch. You are telling me I was using proxy and that the people that I played with did too? You, a random stranger, of all people, somehow know more about me than I know about myself and the people around me? I would have known about it if there were top players using proxy and I do not recall any top players having a mysterious advantage over me or the people I played with simply because there was no one. If some people that used proxy and were aiming to be top players, welp, they were doing an horrible job. It is like you are in your own fantasy.

I am not denying that there might be proxy or some sort of third-party program (first thing sketchy that comes to mind that could be because of proxy/third-party program is the mysterious 324k CoF run score made by 3 sorcerers with level 58 gear) but what is plainly wrong is saying top players before early vm5 patch used proxy is straight up made up.

"Warrior macro's" ouff, you are a big meme. You provide nothing about what you are saying aside from vague and baseless blah blah blah.

Keep telling yourself some made up fairy-tales if it helps you feel better in your own fantasy world but all you said about top players (PvE and/or PvP) before early vm5 is absolutely false.

I would not doubt for a second that you are really deep into conspiracy theories.
  • I think the huge conspiracy of everyone in the older big guilds using proxy is a bit much but it is true that it existed long before vm5 patch. The macro stuff is mostly true but that's for another day. The earliest I can remember seeing it was Vm2 alliance patch. The priest casting bluffs teleporting around vo. The teleporting in alliance while holding keys, teleporting up ladders in cs yeah.
    If you didnt see it around then you either only did 3s or you pve'd alot more than pvp. It wasnt abused by as many people and from what I can remeber and it wasnt the people in the big guilds but the solo players and smaller guilds probably alts who knows.

That being said the reasons as to why I personally believe pvp is dead is lack of content, lack of reward, the constant regearing in an aspect of the game that isnt rewarding, and the terrible class balancing. Tera has had extremely dry patches but was the most active vm1 into vm2 where they was plenty of content and vm4 into 5 where there was content and incentive to clear all the content.

Ex. 70 patch is literally only 70 patch and 1 dungeon? 65 patch had 65, new gear sets, crusades, revamped gvg, plenty of dungeons and gridiron?

Games dead cause they let it die.
  • ErazusErazus ✭✭
    GearsSick wrote: »
    I think the huge conspiracy of everyone in the older big guilds using proxy is a bit much but it is true that it existed long before vm5 patch. The macro stuff is mostly true but that's for another day. The earliest I can remember seeing it was Vm2 alliance patch. The priest casting bluffs teleporting around vo. The teleporting in alliance while holding keys, teleporting up ladders in cs yeah.
    If you didnt see it around then you either only did 3s or you pve'd alot more than pvp. It wasnt abused by as many people and from what I can remeber and it wasnt the people in the big guilds but the solo players and smaller guilds probably alts who knows.

That being said the reasons as to why I personally believe pvp is dead is lack of content, lack of reward, the constant regearing in an aspect of the game that isnt rewarding, and the terrible class balancing. Tera has had extremely dry patches but was the most active vm1 into vm2 where they was plenty of content and vm4 into 5 where there was content and incentive to clear all the content.

Ex. 70 patch is literally only 70 patch and 1 dungeon? 65 patch had 65, new gear sets, crusades, revamped gvg, plenty of dungeons and gridiron?

Games dead cause they let it die.

I mean, making a macro (specifically talking about warrior one as I would only have proper knowledge on that) via your keyboard software is a bit silly in the sense it did not provide anything more and/or abnormally better. Really pointless. Block macro (both lancer and warrior for like shield barrage and rising fury)? You can easily do it yourself manually and be consistent with it on a stable ping. Macroing is extremely rudimentary.

I definitely do not doubt a third-party program used for simple things such as teleporting around by random solo players from small guilds was a thing. All I am saying is during early vm5 and before, no top PvE and PvP players were using "proxy" and having unfair advantages.

For PvP, yeah, my main PvP content was pretty much just 3s, did CS and Fraywind, not to the same extend to but I do not remember nothing out of the ordinary. But what is for sure is that a "SP" script was not a thing at the time.

Back to the main point of this post, PvP died because you simply cannot just play PvP for fun if you are casual (no equalized gear/PvE gear does not work in PvP as in you'll get obliterated) and no incentive to do PvP. There is absolutely no rewards from PvP content that will make you want to keep doing PvP, literally no point... Unless you want to get maxed PvP gear but for what? For nothing because there is nothing to use it for.
  • lastofthemeheecanlastofthemeheecan ✭✭✭
    edited July 19
    Koreans don't like pvp in Tera, we get what ever their trends and taste are.
    They like lootboxes, grinding and short pve runs where they barely have to do any mechanic because you can facetank and outheal pretty much everything that is not a one shot, that's where lancer come in handy.
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    edited July 19
    Koreans don't like pvp in Tera, we get what ever their trends and taste are.
    They like lootboxes, grinding and short pve runs where they barely have to do any mechanic because you can facetank and outheal pretty much everything that is not a one shot, that's where lancer come in handy.

What are you smoking? Even the Koreans don't like it. There's only 1 server there right now and barely anyone play there anymore. They're just milking out the remaining money out of this game with zero investment because that cost money right in BHS eyes. I would do the same from business perspective no point to spend like 1mil $ to fix this game if you can just recycle content and spend barely any money on employee.