[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

Guardian Legions: a Dead Activity?

Hey guys. Just throwing something out there, but when the guardian legion missions came out we got people from multiple guilds trying it out. It was a lot of fun! Now I don't see a lot of people doing them anymore, and I've heard a good handful I've talked to say they won't do it without a healer.
Doing them as my mystic to help out a friend, I realize that healers really don't get something out of it. I was wondering if this is being planned to be changed in the future. I'm not suggesting something extreme, but I would love if healer mains out there could get something out of guardian legions too without having to play the memory game mission or adjusting their glyphs to pure DPS.
Thanks,
<>Gamma, XB1-Lakan<>

Comments

• Considering that PC hasn't gotten any changes for the missions to help the healers, I doubt they would on consoles either (at least for the foreseeable future).

The rules for the missions aren't designed really well to balance the trinity. The nerfed rewards aren't even worth it to take it completely seriously in the first place, on top of that. I'm honestly surprised that special coding rules weren't put in place to give priests and mystics damage multipliers/point per damage multipliers to balance time spent healing vs time spent fighting. Sadly that's what you get with an incompetent coding staff though.

It's pretty much dead and I only do it while I'm waiting between getting dungeon parties/RKE wait times *cough cough*.

-- Lancer, Lakan: XB1
  • From time to time i do guardians. but sometimes i go and fishing lol
  • No reason to do glm really, you also dont need a healer for any missions.

Healers are heavily punished for existing as the point gain is 1000 points per 1 million damage dealt.

Healers dont have enough output to make it worth their time and the one time on pc when healers had a massive point bonus over other classes they nerfed it to oblovion.

Glm on consoles also suck more and take longer to complete as well. Its dead content due to a dying population.
  • @Maximumbooty said:
    No reason to do glm really, you also dont need a healer for any missions.

Healers are heavily punished for existing as the point gain is 1000 points per 1 million damage dealt.

Healers dont have enough output to make it worth their time and the one time on pc when healers had a massive point bonus over other classes they nerfed it to oblovion.

Glm on consoles also suck more and take longer to complete as well. Its dead content due to a dying population.

I wonder if they could make it worth a healer's time by making it so they get 1000 points per 100,000 healing dealt, then.

• Was fun with GvG but they removed it
  • Hey, as someone who has recently grinded a Mystic to Stormcry gear, I can say that Guardian Legions missions are the best for both item xp and regents needed to enchant/upgrade gear (via guardian legion credits). Im earning between 4 and 6 on the 10min missions when there is no tank present and 6 and 8 if there is a tank present. A decent tank holding aggro makes a huge difference.

I made minor tweaks to the build i was running to deal more consistent damage. I focus mainly on Metamorphic Blast and Smite. Make sure Blast is glyphed for the reset and damage while Smite is glyphed for cooldown and damage. Have a skill chain starting with Metamorphic Blast all down the left side and Smite down the right. I keep my Thrall of Vengeance with the damage glyph and Thrall of Wrath fully glyphed. Dont bother with Protection as its just wasted time summoning when he dies easily and doesnt deal significant damage. Keep targets cursed with Volley of Curses (glyphed to lower targets endurance) and Contagion whenever its available. Corruption Ring is great to avoid pushbacks and stuns and is also a nice damage dealer.

Run Bitter/Savage/Focused/Carving Crystals. Switch out Bitter for Wrathful if you are alone.

The only real healing i do at these missions is Healing Totem. Trust me, this is a great help to most players. If someone is in my group they also get the occasional Boomerang Pulse heal. I run fairly reckless so i call out my Thrall of Life all the time to keep myself topped off (fully glyphed as well). Ill toss an Aurun's Vitae (glyphed for self heal) if thats not enough.

My main strategy is to have a damage dealing thrall out as often as possible, post up behind enemies as best as i can and spam Metamorphic Smite/Blast over and over.

• @PacoLives said:
    Hey, as someone who has recently grinded a Mystic to Stormcry gear, I can say that Guardian Legions missions are the best for both item xp and regents needed to enchant/upgrade gear (via guardian legion credits). Im earning between 4 and 6 on the 10min missions when there is no tank present and 6 and 8 if there is a tank present. A decent tank holding aggro makes a huge difference.

I made minor tweaks to the build i was running to deal more consistent damage. I focus mainly on Metamorphic Blast and Smite. Make sure Blast is glyphed for the reset and damage while Smite is glyphed for cooldown and damage. Have a skill chain starting with Metamorphic Blast all down the left side and Smite down the right. I keep my Thrall of Vengeance with the damage glyph and Thrall of Wrath fully glyphed. Dont bother with Protection as its just wasted time summoning when he dies easily and doesnt deal significant damage. Keep targets cursed with Volley of Curses (glyphed to lower targets endurance) and Contagion whenever its available. Corruption Ring is great to avoid pushbacks and stuns and is also a nice damage dealer.

Run Bitter/Savage/Focused/Carving Crystals. Switch out Bitter for Wrathful if you are alone.

The only real healing i do at these missions is Healing Totem. Trust me, this is a great help to most players. If someone is in my group they also get the occasional Boomerang Pulse heal. I run fairly reckless so i call out my Thrall of Life all the time to keep myself topped off (fully glyphed as well). Ill toss an Aurun's Vitae (glyphed for self heal) if thats not enough.

My main strategy is to have a damage dealing thrall out as often as possible, post up behind enemies as best as i can and spam Metamorphic Smite/Blast over and over.

Hm. Okay, I'll have to try that out next time I'm with my friend(s). Thanks.