Tera's Issues

Hi,

I'm writing this post as a way to raises awareness on the Tera's console issues.

1)Content(Lack of)

The last content(dungeon) added was RK9 in April, since then only small event.Besides that dungeon we got a fishing activity which is basically a mini game which is not even as it is on PC.

Tera content is dry, we have IOD which no one goes there, we have 3 dungeons and only 1 or 2 low/mid dungeons are populated since the population is diminishing after the merge day by day
As a solution, remove the dungeons that are not used and work on incentive through rewards and challenges the rest of gameplay, as an example make IOD 3rd BAMS a party Bams that need at least 3 man party and with scaling on dmg if the number is lower to prevent soloing and increase cooperation between players.Add crafting materials for each kill and something interesting as VG rewards.

This leads to the next point...

2)Updates

As a player i will say...BHS sucks at testing and implementing updates on consoles and EME at communicating them

On updates topic we have 3 issues
-Time
-Bugs
-Information

Time: It takes way too long to release an update, 3 month for a fishing updates that is not even something game breaking.And Fixes after the patches are taking even longer after the patch is released. FC was something that was supposed to be released on 2nd of July,after the issue was mentioned...17 July no news,no updates.I know there is a certification process that takes around a week to be done by Sony and Microsoft, but 3 months is too much, and this is happening for a year now, by now the system should have been streamlined and the time reduced, yet here we are.

Bugs: While it's normal for an update to have issues, but the last patch was game breaking at it took 3 days to fix half of the initial issues.Enchanting costing double, Game crashing when trying to dismantle anything, Animation bugs, Fishing bugs, Fashion coupons bugs all in one patch.The patches needs more testing,and issues need to be fixed faster, as i said above this would be an excusable issue if the game launched 3 weeks ago with a new team, but this is going since the game was in Beta on consoles.

Information:When that time arrives for the content to be released, players log and have to check everything, then they have to go to discord and check if it's a bug or a new change.As players we get blindsided every time a patch is released, as I said above there is 1 week before the patch is going live, why are we not seeing a path note with what is to come(content, class changes, events if it's the case).

The excuse we got for a year now from EME was that they are not announced when a patch is released.As Krafton proudly writes on their websites they have devs meetings every week, hard to think that literally no one from EME thought to take notes or raise the issue.And the fact that this is still happening after a year is still an issue that EME needs to take action.

3)EndGame - this killed the population

The issue is, we get update we farm we enchant we get BIS gear and then what?Starting alts is not encouraged by the resources required for enchanting but taking alting out of the question.What is end game in Tera? Open world PvP was Removed, BG are a wasteland and they don't even pop.
So my question for BHS and EME, what is Tera end game, you could say that BHS is catering for PVE players, but what is endgame for PVE, same dungeon on and on? sitting in HW looking at the broker.

Both EME and BHS need to step up and take this game in a direction, at the moment there is no purpose to farm, enchant and run dungeon as there is no goal to work on, what a full HO is doing that a FM player can't do?

4) PVP - Every game needs to have a pvp and a reward for pvp-ing.Right now there is none, the Jackpots are not interesting anyone and other than BG we have nothing.Revert the Outlaw, make IOD a party farming area and allow outlaw there, add pvp rewards for outlaw and you can get a functional pvp end game.

Now will go on the tricky territory.EME and BHS

5) Dedicated EME and BHS teams

While i appreciate the work(that little work that is done) on Tera, we need a dedicated team, i know that on EME the team that is on Tera is also on Stranger Things, Closerz and any other game that will launch.We need a team just for us, working for the players not migrating where the next game is launched and after the launch they get back to Tera(as they did with stranger things when brawler patch was released)

6) EME is responsible for managing the EMP shop and they should change their approach

Lootboxes, lootboxes and lootboxes.When the game is releasing a dungeon every 3 months, why are EME is releasing Lootboxes every week(now every 3 days see new footsteps lootboxes and Peachstringer Lootbox).And why are the rates not disclosed, it's 2019 EA disclosed their rates on FIFA yet EME doesn't mention anything.The rates in KR are atrocious and the chance is between 0.10%- 2% for costumes, why we don't get the costumes at more emp and remove the gambling factor?

7)EMP shop is a sad mess

EME hasn't checked the description of their products in a long time, they have incomplete descriptions on the lootboxes(may contain x costume and other useful stuff like what?a spaceship?) , they have the wrong description or picture( the volcanic weapon and armour lootboxes descriptions are reversed for 5 month now, i raised a ticked and got a response that is not a priority) other than not showing any quality in the only thing they say they are responsible of the rest looks ok

8) Withholding content to release at the same time as another MMORPG

Don't.Players will leave no matter what event or changes you did if it took you 5 month to do them.Why i'm saying they are withholding,
first - all wraped up lootbox.They announced it, they seen the hype and in the day of the release they changed it with footsteps and tried to erase all the communication of it.That lootbox was introduced after the PC had the changes, so i don't see why it would raise the issue of it dropping alk when it wasn't dropping alk initially, secondly, the cat lootbox was fixed in a day not a month as is the case.

9) Fashion coupons- what are actually your plans with it as it looks like you're bullshitting us

They will be added back- they won't-they will be added and so on.You said they will be added back with additional costumes, you said on 2nd of July, where are they?Why is the Council members giving EME the list of costumes to add back, the first time this happened they didn't need any help, why the change now, sorry but after the discussions with the FC from the past as a player i can't trust you will add them back, or are you waiting for everyone to loose hope and buy costumes from Shop?

10) Events- if they are good they will bring people back, but so far none of them were good

I think the last good event was the valk launch or around that time,the rest were bad...especially the lootbox event which is the abomination of all events, it's literally a pay event, if you have no idea economy in a game works or you don't care you implement this type of event where the rich gets richer why the rest look at the screen and say "yey we had an event".I said last time stop doing this kind of events, and i will say it again.

11) Apologize when you screw up, and learn from your mistakes - EME, this is for you

When you screw up apologize, don't try to lie,even if it's a bug that resulted from BHS not testing, apologise and make sure it doesn't happen, don't pass the blame, you're passing the blame and that's it, yet you're not trying to change anything and mitigate the risk of the same issue happening again.

12)Stop treating community as an enemy and keep information hidden like it will change the world, we would be more forgiving if we would receive more transparency from EME

Well that's all from me, hope you manage to change things around and not end up a cashgrab lootbox infested game like all the comments say on facebook and twitter.

Regards,
Gorshack :)

Comments

• Kenpachi389Kenpachi389 ✭✭
    edited July 17
    Too little too late, I've watched 100+ players leave the game because of no battlegrounds and GvG.

I've never seen worse treatment of the playerbase in an MMO.

We were last remaining PvP guild on EU PS4, 90% of us left the game since the last few weeks.

AFTER WAITING 4+ MONTHS FOR BATTLEGROUNDS.

Please feel free to see my previous PvP threads.

Not even a single comment from a developer.

Yet they were still pushing PvP weekend "events" without a single FWC/CS/Grid pop.

I dropped out too and already put preorder for top end BDO package, but really would love to see this sht show unravel and people lose their jobs.

That's another load of money BHS missed out on.

You don't invite players into a game with BGs and GvG then all of a sudden remove it all.

Yeah they deserve this game to go bust.

If you would like to see my messages with Support, let me know and I'll pass them on.
  • When i was on the pvp servers i watched the same thing and then quit, after a few months there were less than 200 players on the servers.

The game needs fast updates, a responsive team and content that caters to everyone(pvp, pve and the weird community of fishers).

No matter how many flashy events are being done, this gane doesn't stand a chance unless is being reformed. So far from all the values mentioned on their website(https://www.enmasse.com/careers) i coudn't recognise any on their game, their communication and so on.
    At this point every day is a revenue lost and 4-5 people who quit.

Even if i'm in your situation where i preordered BDO, i still think that Tera can change it's way if the devs along with eme understand the situation
  • KozyEmiKozyEmi ✭✭
    This is some great feedback for Enmasse and Bluehole to look at. I hope they will reply & try to address some of the items on the list. I also hope they will comment on what they are doing to improve the deficiencies in communication & transparency.

So... about #12 on your list. The one about how the community would be more forgiving if we received more transparency. This is so true for any service-based business and I'm so glad it is on your list! In an MMO poor communication and a lack of transparency leads to distrust, uncertainty about the future of the game, and an unhappy player base who feels like they are not valued at all. If the players are kept in the dark on where the game is going & what fixes are being worked on and they are consistently blindsided by baffling changes that negatively affect them & the odd removal of content they enjoyed you're going to end up with a rapidly shrinking customer base. To make it even worse many players feel like their feedback on these issues and opinions do not matter or are frowned upon & brushed aside as unimportant. It also gives the appearance that the game is mostly abandoned or at best a very low priority to the company.

You can see the impact of these issues as well as many of the others issues on your list while in game. You can see the impact outside of the game looking at the activity on the forum and discord chat. You can see it on chat after a patch or maintenance how the poor communication and unknowns cause frustration and negative feelings. After maintenance or a patch people run around once the server is up trying to figure out what they lost, what changed and whether those changes broke anything. They then have to discuss it with other player on discord chat or global chat in game trying to figure out what changed or if something that broke was broken intentionally or not. Why? Because we do not even get patch notes. If we actually get anything we get a brief highlight list that leaves many of the changes out.

With good communication & transparency even in tough times for the game you will have much better customer retention and a much more forgiving customer base. It does not solve everything of course. Progress on resolving issues and pushing out content still needs to occur but good communication while that's being worked on gives the customers hope, keeps them feeling involved, and shows you care about the customers, their feedback and the game. Something as simple as detailed patch notes posted a reasonable amount of time before a patch goes live can help a lot to keep players better informed on what is changing and being fixed very soon and let them see the progress that is being made on the game. Players like detailed patch notes and those notes stay useful even long after the patch for reference on things that changed.

Instead of feeling informed, hopeful, and valued right now we feel like we are outside a closed off building with a sack full of bugs, concerns, questions, and ideas waiting for a mystery box to appear from Enmasse or Bluehole that might have the next patch, fix, or a bit of news. Will the box have something we have been hoping for in it? Will it have a major bug fix? Are fixes for PVP in the box? Is there news about what's coming for Tera Console over the next few months in the box? Will there even be a box? Is there anyone inside that big building anymore that knows we're out here?
    What's in the box?

edited July 17
    Theyve had similar feedback countless times.

Instead the PCs push Loli talk in DC and Partner pushing nothing but pve content.

Ridiculous, this isn't a brand new game it's a port.

Look at PC PvP.

Many people have already liberated their gear, sold for euros, left and put all the money in BDO preorders.

1% PvP players left on EU.
    If battlegrounds return imagine the players inside there, most players are easier to kill then an IOD bam.

That's why I decided to leave.

Many people have been pushing for battlegrounds/GvG return since even before the merge, I honestly tried my best had discussions with PC members on private discord, opened support tickets. You'll wear yourself out and quit too. I blew around £2k in under a year of play and quitting was easier then I thought.

You want to compare Tera(EME) and BDO(PA) look how much effort has gone into the game and what feedback has been taken in by the developer. Go look at the patch notes, I read BDO patch notes and how much effort they put in now compare that to EME and where to drop your money is an obvious choice.

I spent $$$$ on BDO PC.

Now I'm going to spend even more console and I'm happy about that, rather them than these people.

I preferred Tera combat system in Mass PvP but that's gone.

Congratulations BHS, you may as well scrap all challenging content and have fishing instances. Change Tera age rating to 3-11years then consider yourselves a success.

Go to BDO guys, it has better fishing too.
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    Rutwen wrote: »

1)Content(Lack of)

The last content(dungeon) added was RK9 in April, since then only small event.Besides that dungeon we got a fishing activity which is basically a mini game which is not even as it is on PC.

Tera content is dry, we have IOD which no one goes there, we have 3 dungeons and only 1 or 2 low/mid dungeons are populated since the population is diminishing after the merge day by day
    As a solution, remove the dungeons that are not used and work on incentive through rewards and challenges the rest of gameplay, as an example make IOD 3rd BAMS a party Bams that need at least 3 man party and with scaling on dmg if the number is lower to prevent soloing and increase cooperation between players.Add crafting materials for each kill and something interesting as VG rewards.

I think that's how BAMs used to be in the early days of PC, but have been nerfed to be soloable. IoD was always intended to a be solo experience for players that wanted to play alone. That's why you have to kill 10 BAMs for each player in the group to finish vanguards rather than all players sharing the credit. There is something in the works with the goal of getting the entire community to cooperate towards a shared goal(s).

2)Updates

As a player i will say...BHS sucks at testing and implementing updates on consoles and EME at communicating them

On updates topic we have 3 issues
    -Time
    -Bugs
    -Information

Time: It takes way too long to release an update, 3 month for a fishing updates that is not even something game breaking.And Fixes after the patches are taking even longer after the patch is released. FC was something that was supposed to be released on 2nd of July,after the issue was mentioned...17 July no news,no updates.I know there is a certification process that takes around a week to be done by Sony and Microsoft, but 3 months is too much, and this is happening for a year now, by now the system should have been streamlined and the time reduced, yet here we are.

Bugs: While it's normal for an update to have issues, but the last patch was game breaking at it took 3 days to fix half of the initial issues.Enchanting costing double, Game crashing when trying to dismantle anything, Animation bugs, Fishing bugs, Fashion coupons bugs all in one patch.The patches needs more testing,and issues need to be fixed faster, as i said above this would be an excusable issue if the game launched 3 weeks ago with a new team, but this is going since the game was in Beta on consoles.

Information:When that time arrives for the content to be released, players log and have to check everything, then they have to go to discord and check if it's a bug or a new change.As players we get blindsided every time a patch is released, as I said above there is 1 week before the patch is going live, why are we not seeing a path note with what is to come(content, class changes, events if it's the case).

The excuse we got for a year now from EME was that they are not announced when a patch is released.As Krafton proudly writes on their websites they have devs meetings every week, hard to think that literally no one from EME thought to take notes or raise the issue.And the fact that this is still happening after a year is still an issue that EME needs to take action.

Time: We have pushed for this and EME is very aware of the urgency, especially with new titles releasing in the near future.

Bugs: The 3 days to fix the initial issues were from the certification process you mentioned earlier and BHS putting together a collection of fixes rather than just 1 or 2. I agree with more testing, and I've seen several players say they would agree to helping on a test server as well. At the very least, I'm hoping the council will be given access to a test server at some point and possibly extend that to a few players.

Information: The issue with the patch notes stems from what BHS delivers. EME translates what they are given. This is frustrating to us as well and we've asked to push for more complete patch notes.

3)EndGame - this killed the population

The issue is, we get update we farm we enchant we get BIS gear and then what?Starting alts is not encouraged by the resources required for enchanting but taking alting out of the question.What is end game in Tera? Open world PvP was Removed, BG are a wasteland and they don't even pop.
    So my question for BHS and EME, what is Tera end game, you could say that BHS is catering for PVE players, but what is endgame for PVE, same dungeon on and on? sitting in HW looking at the broker.

Both EME and BHS need to step up and take this game in a direction, at the moment there is no purpose to farm, enchant and run dungeon as there is no goal to work on, what a full HO is doing that a FM player can't do?

Endgame for TERA is Harrowhold and the Fraxim/Gatebreak gear obtained from it. But I understand Harrowhold is difficult to get a group of 20 for. We do have a few events we are planning that I think could add more for end game players as well as some for the casual players. In reference to the HO/FM question, there is some content that FM players would not be able to complete and HO allows players to push their damage further which leads to min/maxing another important end game aspect.

4) PVP - Every game needs to have a pvp and a reward for pvp-ing.Right now there is none, the Jackpots are not interesting anyone and other than BG we have nothing.Revert the Outlaw, make IOD a party farming area and allow outlaw there, add pvp rewards for outlaw and you can get a functional pvp end game.

We have offered many suggestions for PVP and it is a hot topic among the council and EME. We are currently working on something that may add some incentive to PVP queues. The unfortunate thing is that we have to adhere to BHS progression model and cannot break that, but it is a constant discussion.

5) Dedicated EME and BHS teams

While i appreciate the work(that little work that is done) on Tera, we need a dedicated team, i know that on EME the team that is on Tera is also on Stranger Things, Closerz and any other game that will launch.We need a team just for us, working for the players not migrating where the next game is launched and after the launch they get back to Tera(as they did with stranger things when brawler patch was released)

That statement is actually not entirely true. The team on TERA is for TERA. There was a day when one of the GMs was asked to help with the Stranger Things launch, but it was only for that day. Other than that the team that works on TERA is primarily for it.

6) EME is responsible for managing the EMP shop and they should change their approach

Lootboxes, lootboxes and lootboxes.When the game is releasing a dungeon every 3 months, why are EME is releasing Lootboxes every week(now every 3 days see new footsteps lootboxes and Peachstringer Lootbox).And why are the rates not disclosed, it's 2019 EA disclosed their rates on FIFA yet EME doesn't mention anything.The rates in KR are atrocious and the chance is between 0.10%- 2% for costumes, why we don't get the costumes at more emp and remove the gambling factor?

From what I remember, I believe this was tested on PC and for some reason was decided against. I don't have much information on this I'm afraid.

7)EMP shop is a sad mess

EME hasn't checked the description of their products in a long time, they have incomplete descriptions on the lootboxes(may contain x costume and other useful stuff like what?a spaceship?) , they have the wrong description or picture( the volcanic weapon and armour lootboxes descriptions are reversed for 5 month now, i raised a ticked and got a response that is not a priority) other than not showing any quality in the only thing they say they are responsible of the rest looks ok

Aside from the descriptions, this is the first I've heard of the issue with descriptions/pictures beong swapped. Regarding the descriptions, if I had to guess I'd say it could be a similar issue to the lootbox rates and those not being released.

8) Withholding content to release at the same time as another MMORPG

Don't.Players will leave no matter what event or changes you did if it took you 5 month to do them.Why i'm saying they are withholding,
    first - all wraped up lootbox.They announced it, they seen the hype and in the day of the release they changed it with footsteps and tried to erase all the communication of it.That lootbox was introduced after the PC had the changes, so i don't see why it would raise the issue of it dropping alk when it wasn't dropping alk initially, secondly, the cat lootbox was fixed in a day not a month as is the case.

A player had reported that it was dropping alkahests and old materials, it was tested to see if that was true, and subsequently removed as a result. As to why it hasn't been added back, I'm unsure. There is a council member that's been really wanting that costume, so he constantly brings it up as well. I'd guess that it has something to do with all the work they're trying to get done to prepare for the content on the roadmap.

9) Fashion coupons- what are actually your plans with it as it looks like you're bullshitting us

They will be added back- they won't-they will be added and so on.You said they will be added back with additional costumes, you said on 2nd of July, where are they?Why is the Council members giving EME the list of costumes to add back, the first time this happened they didn't need any help, why the change now, sorry but after the discussions with the FC from the past as a player i can't trust you will add them back, or are you waiting for everyone to loose hope and buy costumes from Shop?

They were added back on July 2nd, (well the store was reopened), but the store ended up not being refilled. I think in the past this process was usually done by the GM, but Saru and I have been helping him out with it.

10) Events- if they are good they will bring people back, but so far none of them were good

I think the last good event was the valk launch or around that time,the rest were bad...especially the lootbox event which is the abomination of all events, it's literally a pay event, if you have no idea economy in a game works or you don't care you implement this type of event where the rich gets richer why the rest look at the screen and say "yey we had an event".I said last time stop doing this kind of events, and i will say it again.

We are working on a few events, some of which have never been on console before, or even done on TERA at all.

11) Apologize when you screw up, and learn from your mistakes - EME, this is for you

When you screw up apologize, don't try to lie,even if it's a bug that resulted from BHS not testing, apologise and make sure it doesn't happen, don't pass the blame, you're passing the blame and that's it, yet you're not trying to change anything and mitigate the risk of the same issue happening again.

I don't believe I'm in a position to speak on this, but I will say that EME pushes hard for many requested changes even if it may not look like it.

12)Stop treating community as an enemy and keep information hidden like it will change the world, we would be more forgiving if we would receive more transparency from EME

Well that's all from me, hope you manage to change things around and not end up a cashgrab lootbox infested game like all the comments say on facebook and twitter.

This aspect is where I try to aid in. Bringing forum information to discord and vice versa, I agree transparency is an issue and something's we are unable to share due to our NDA. I will continue to bring this up to them and to do what I can to help. With that being said, this is from discord regarding the roadmap:

"We had a roadmap fully confirmed through the end of the year, and it was going through revisions by various teams and was nearly ready for publication.
    Then, right before it was going to release, it hit a major snag, where some of the content shifted around to different dates, which basically required us to start over on it.
    We definitely understand the importance of the Roadmap, and want to be able to lock in sections of content to specific months, which is why it's certainly taking longer than any of us would have liked."

Hopefully I was able to give some insight or answer a few questions!

-Kazura, XB1 Lakan
  • For IOD the example was to display how pvpve zone would look like, if it's something in the works involve the community for once, up to this point no one from eme understood the transparency issue, no one is getting excised by "were working on something" show us what you have in mind.

Why EME is aware it needs to puts content fast only when is revenue is threatened by other games? Do the managers from eme need a reason to improve the workflow

The issue with the patch notes stems from what BHS delivers. EME translates what they are given. This is frustrating to us as well and we've asked to push for more complete patch notes. - this is happening for over a year now, why no one worked on fixing it until now, we've heard the same excuse so many times, yet we haven't seen EME try to change this

HH is not end game, you can't find 20 random people to complete the dungeon, especially when Eme made sure to [filtered] of as many pepole possible and is slowly killing the comunity. Solo end game does not exist, 5 man end game does not exist 20 man is a dream since there are few players left

Pvp- while it's a hot topic for player council, for EME and BhS is not. People have been complaining for months yet now we are promised "something" that will bring the pvp back but what is it... Who knows because eme and transparency again

Tera team is simply Cobalt, 1 man in charge of the whole game changes, the rest of people from eme appear once in a blue moon and dissapear when they are asked questions.

"A player had reported that it was dropping alkahests and old materials, it was tested to see if that was true, and subsequently removed as a result. As to why it hasn't been added back, I'm unsure" - how since the lootbox eidm't even got IG, It was removed in the day it was supposed to be launched, and then replaced. The fact is that lootbox was hyped, people even ignored that the drop chance was 0.08 or something like that and were ready to spend money to get it just to find that it was removed and be added in August... Allow me to think that EME is withholding content and hyped items to compete with other games at players expense.

"They were added back on July 2nd, (well the store was reopened), but the store ended up not being refilled" - why it ended up not being refilled since they had half a month to do that? Why now they are using player council as interns to do the work while before was not the case?

"We are working on a few events, some of which have never been on console before, or even done on TERA at all." -Right now no one trusts EME and BHS so unless we get info about what when and what is about, allow me to not consider this an answer since it doesn't give me any reassurance that it will be something we all be waiting for
    " I don't believe I'm in a position to speak on this, but I will say that EME pushes hard for many requested changes even if it may not look like it." - exactly it doesn't look like EME is doing anything and the fact that EME avoids facing the screw ups and change their attitude towards the community is the issue.

Regarding the roadmap, the quote is the answer i got at my question that i asked cobalt yesterday on discord. And i'll say the same thing as i said yesterday on discord

At this point is not about roadmap, no one even expects it any more, road map has become a meme and a symbol of EME of BHS incompetence and never ending pointless discussions.
    The read issue is the consistency, from 7 months that passed until now, we had roadmap only for 3 of them, the rest were flash updates that no one was even knowing they awere coming, because EmE doesn't share what they are working and suddenly we get announced a new race/class combination.

When the roadmap will be released the community will be to small to care, on discord there are barely 5 new non council members discussing stuff, people are abandoning the game because they have nothing to do and EME is saying that they have "something" with no timeline to show, no insight etc.

My questing to BHS and EME where TERA will be in one year, will it be in life support as now bleeding players left and right or are they willing to stop cutting corners to save money and treat this game as they should and invest in it
  • LuneseLunese ✭✭

While I am sure the community appreciate all the work you guys are putting in trying to make the game better, such as the events you talked about, as others have said, it is too late at this moment.

There's no communication, no news, barely anything we can cling on that gives hopes showing that things will change. Also, I might be wrong, but I would really like to know if the team at BHS is a simple skeleton team for Tera console (maybe even Tera PC) since they are working on a new MMO, which would explain to me at least, why the patch notes are of such poor quality.

If I understand correctly, BHS is the one sending over the patch notes and EME only translates what they have and publish it, but can I ask why EME doesn't test the content before release and add-in the missing notes? Why do we need to make our own patch notes? Can we ask for compensation for this since we are basically doing their job here?

I have a hard time seeing how PvP can be revived from death when a full-on PvP game is gonna be released in a month on PS4 and is already available on Xbox (BDO).

Would be actually very nice and a step in the right direction to see even 1 EME staff member answer to this thread with some info. Rutwen gave some very very good feedback that they can use or even print and present in one of their "weekly meetings" and push harder for changes, cuz idk what they're doing right now, but things aren't changing much.

• > @Lunese said:
    > While I am sure the community appreciate all the work you guys are putting in trying to make the game better, such as the events you talked about, as others have said, it is too late at this moment.
    >
    > There's no communication, no news, barely anything we can cling on that gives hopes showing that things will change. Also, I might be wrong, but I would really like to know if the team at BHS is a simple skeleton team for Tera console (maybe even Tera PC) since they are working on a new MMO, which would explain to me at least, why the patch notes are of such poor quality.
    >
    > If I understand correctly, BHS is the one sending over the patch notes and EME only translates what they have and publish it, but can I ask why EME doesn't test the content before release and add-in the missing notes? Why do we need to make our own patch notes? Can we ask for compensation for this since we are basically doing their job here?
    >
    > I have a hard time seeing how PvP can be revived from death when a full-on PvP game is gonna be released in a month on PS4 and is already available on Xbox (BDO).
    >
    > Would be actually very nice and a step in the right direction to see even 1 EME staff member answer to this thread with some info. Rutwen gave some very very good feedback that they can use or even print and present in one of their "weekly meetings" and push harder for changes, cuz idk what they're doing right now, but things aren't changing much.

At this point everyone already placed their preorders for BDO and the ones who didn't are waiting for the launch and probably will also buy it.

Tera feels right now as "the game that you play to pass the time when you wait for the other game to be launched"

My initial post is a selection of items that i asked and discussed on the discord daily, and i still do.
    I don't think that there is actually a team behind this game only a few people that are doing their best. This excuse that they don't get informed or they need to translate it it's just an excuse that they are used to say.1 year and you still can't fix this, i mean in one year you can team him the words in english or be cced in an e-mail, let's not pretend it is that hard

If we look at TERA evolution since has been oficially released on consoles both BHS and EME were consistent:
    -no communication
    -no consistency and predictibility in actions
    -no transparency

BhS and EmE aproach is to invest as little as posible and get as much in exchange. For example:
    -They looked at the consoles as the console players are opening their wallets faster for a game if they are feeling good even id they play 2-3 hours /day, but they didn't adapt the grindy content from PC to the casual nature of consoles;
    -they pushed the game, and the first news after was the 40$ item pass, without telling their content.
    -The support is terible we have only 1 permanent EME contact, that can't say a lot of things and tries to create hype and makes some sort of promises, the rest is player council which lately has started helping the only EME employee we know in doing his job.
    So more volunteers, less salaries to pay and on that matter( my understanding is that player council is a thing that takes the players issues and pushes them further to EmE and Devs, doing that in the interest of the player, but since they are doing EmE choirs is it safe to asume that they are no longer objective when transmitting the information and are subjective towards EME?)
    -What items are demanded (all wrap up, flight suit and others ) are being kept until there is a threat for the game revenue and released in an effort to get more money.
    -Fashion coupons-after the merge had removed all the fc costumes we suddenly got two weeks of emp sales, after the official response has come that they will be added back, suddenly all sales habe moved to the lootboxes, must realy be a coincidence
    -You said about printing it, that cost money, they cant loose money

So while we are discussing PVP and PVE content, Both EME and BHS are looking at the revenue, at lootboxes etc.

In a previous post i asked where Tera will be next year https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/31847/the-predatory-pet-servant-system-a-ridiculous-average-of-around-75-000usd-paywall-for-best-in-slot here is the answer.

With no updates, shady events that are promissed, with features removed overnight because they didn't know how to fix them, with pay only events with undisclosed chances, with a small community left behinds that play the game just because they invested too much in it, this is TERA console, a mmorpg in 2019 being handled by people who have a 2004 mentality treating the player and a walking wallet
    edited July 21
    Eme ghosts.

Not even 1 comment from them

Not sure what they are trying to achieve here.

Pushing progression model gimping PvP when they are bleeding players and money.

I quit and went to Apex waiting for BDO, already spent a tonne of money on Apex and don't plan to be on it long.

First time I've seen a developer outweigh progression vs money, espiecally when the only content they are releasing are lootboxes
  • The most annoying issue about console Tera for me is the lack of communication between the dev team and players since the start of beta signups. Devs doesn't seem to be interested in knowing what players actually want and don't bother sharing much info with them. No dev diaries, no ETA on beta or release dates, ignoring the console players on dev streams, no comments on console and pc differences in game economy after the relase, etc.
    Btw, what are your estimations about the game's population after 20 august guys?

• > @thought1ess said:
    > The most annoying issue about console Tera for me is the lack of communication between the dev team and players since the start of beta signups. Devs doesn't seem to be interested in knowing what players actually want and don't bother sharing much info with them. No dev diaries, no ETA on beta or release dates, ignoring the console players on dev streams, no comments on console and pc differences in game economy after the relase, etc.
    > Btw, what are your estimations about the game's population after 20 august guys?

The last time i watched a stream it was basically an overglorified power point presentation with no information.
    Bhs doesn't take into consideration in game economy when doing events or making changes, they care even less if the players are loosing their stuff after the updates(additives)
    The disconnect comes from eme and bhs ignorance. They don't care and will never try to listen as they are looking at revenue than player satisfaction.
    The odds of things changing now are close to 0%, half of the population alrewdy abandoned the game and whats left are either new players trying the game, which are still leveling and the rest of people who are waiting for BDO to be launched.