[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

The Big Forgotten/Neglected Projects Thread

2»

Comments

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Teekz wrote: »
    @CobaltDragon @KitTeaCup

how exactly is a well thought out and constructive post like this blatantly ignored??

Probably because it isn't on EME's discord.
    As other members suggested in the past, the forums should be closed.

They do come on here and see the posts, but why would they bother to comment or read the entire OP? Plus, y'all act like they are stupid and have no idea what needs to be worked on and what doesn't. They know they need to update the items mentioned, so what really is there to comment on?

If you think the forums should be closed, go to discord. Nothing is hurting YOU having the forums open. I don't blame them for not commenting on the posts, because they mostly get attacked whenever they do answer a post. Their answers are never good enough and so on.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I could had found a way to simplify everything I said on my op, I would had done it. Sadly there is no way to simplify everything that's happening. We have to go in as much detail as possible while staying constructive. Of course, there is a bit of frustration, due to the fact that we see nothing being properly communicated.

Some people do attack them, but that was not my intention. What i do is give criticism and open topics that should be talked about.

The reason why their answers might be seen as not good enough, I believe is because of how vague and confusing their answered were as of late. They seen to not be able to find that sweet spot where they can give an honest answer with enough information for everyone to be satisfied.

If it makes any difference, I got in contact with player council member counterpoint, and he assured me this specific thread, is being looked at, so we can assume that they do know what they need to do, however, execution of their plans is a total different story, which is why this thread exist, to let them know of the current issues, so they can come up with a proper solution, rather than a half baked one.
  • edited July 19
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    If it makes any difference, I got in contact with player council member counterpoint, and he assured me this specific thread, is being looked at, so we can assume that they do know what they need to do, however, execution of their plans is a total different story, which is why this thread exist, to let them know of the current issues, so they can come up with a proper solution, rather than a half baked one.

To clarify (as I told you), they are aware that the thread exists, but none of the issues presented here are new at all -- they already knew about all of them and the situation hasn't changed as far as I know. In my opinion, it was never an issue of knowing. I would like them to address these issues, as I've been asking for a long time (especially about the merchants, at least), but I don't know if they have plans to do so.
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

@counterpoint said:
    Zoknahal wrote: »

To clarify (as I told you), they are aware that the thread exists, but none of the issues presented here are new at all -- they already knew about all of them and the situation hasn't changed as far as I know. In my opinion, it was never an issue of knowing. I would like them to address these issues, as I've been asking for a long time (especially about the merchants, at least), but I don't know if they have plans to do so.

I see.
    We're asked to give constructive feedback while EME is already aware of all the issues.
    Basically, they're aware of all the issues and cannot or will not fix them.
    How are we supposed to not be frustrated?

• ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭

Surely enough, the Titan Storm/Earth is an issue that was not mentioned by EME, but instead, was brought up by players, and fell on deaf ears, what i believe that may be happening, since we are already told that EME is looking at this, is that they simply do not know how to add more supply of this items into the game, without breaking the economy.

Lets face it, every single time, that the players complained about a material that should be common, being way too rare, and having extremely low drop rates, what happened after, was EME introducing said material in vast amounts, and then came the complains from the players again, saying is breaking the economy and stuff.

There is a middle point that EME has to reach, not too rare but also not too common, in order to achieve balance, which is something they have yet to achieve, they always take it from one extreme to the other.

Also, i did forgot to mention on my OP, that there is a very annoying long standing bug that has yet to be fixed, which is the Calendar Bug. Lots of times we are left without being able to pick up some items from the calendar rewards due to this infuriating bug.

If we talk about which issue needs to be addressed the quickest, i would say the Titan Storm/Earth should be at the top of the list of priorities, followed by the Fashion Coupons, since this is a project that was already started.

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

@castanicpriest said:
    So it is safe to consider that the etchings II for jewelry are supposed to cost from 40k up to 50k while the etchings III for jewelry to cost from 75k up to 100k? And the etchings IV to cost from 500k up to 700k? These days?

And especially since the etchings II used to cost from 7k up to 10k with the etchings III from 10k up to 15k and the IV etchings used to cost from 100k up to 150k only a few months ago..

As you're obviously aware, previous prices no longer dictate what current prices should be. With your argument, we should all start complaint threads crying about the increase in cosmetic prices. Kind of funny how people only complain about things that affect them negatively while being happy to raise the prices of stuff THEY sell in the broker. Many outfits that used to be 10k a few months ago are at 50k now, so do you see your hypocrisy?

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/bathysmal-rise-extreme

The main point I think is that they have to manually go in and update the code to increase the drop rate. They just don't want to bother with that stuff anymore. I kind of don't blame them either seeing as they have to re-edit the code with each update that affects drops. Plus, the original drop rate they had would have been fine if a lot of people were still gathering like they were. So, do you all really expect them to adjust drop rates every time there is a change in gathering behavior? That would be seriously annoying to keep up with. Maybe letting things be, and then, have an event like this is the way to go.

At least the event will help a lot.

• WaitressWaitress ✭✭
    edited July 23

Once the thread falls into people picking apart what the other person is saying, the entire thread loses it's purpose and it gets skim read at best.

Also, while I heard teams were changed, I didn't actually know just how much they've been changed in the time I've been gone. A company with high turnover rates usually has that problem for a very glaring reason. People don't just quit their jobs/search elsewhere over nothing, that's their livelihood at stake. and if the argument to that was, "well they were fired" then that's even worse lol.

I don't know or care about gear, all I know is what made Tera fun in the past was having big crazy things to do together like alliance, win castles, watch guilds kill each other in nexus, have guild recruiting events, own lands on the map if you can remember that far back. Yeah each thing had it's own little set of problems, but it sure beat sitting around zooming in on your character as you wait for a queue pop or something for hours on end.

Ultimately with MMO's it's the experiences and friends you make that make you want to stay. So if they can find a way to make more memorable high impact with the community things like that, then that would be a great strong point to regain. Have to remember Tera used to be a pretty dang successful-the darling of MMOs really. and at that time a lot of players didn't actually have amazingly built computers. We were on our toasters smackin that thing just to let us go fight some pk'ers outside that popori land. We didn't have the best performance, we didn't have UE4, and yet we still managed to have insane amounts of fun. That feeling is long gone now, but if they could kindly remove their head from the sand I still believe they could bring it back. However, it would require permission from Korea is my guess. and my further guess is that that might be why a lot of employees give up. Ultimately, I think the fate of Tera rests in international hands that to be frank, simply don't care. but if some day that changes, Tera could do well again. The social ability in this game still remains unrivaled (other than maybe ffxiv but that game looks too ugly).