[PS4/XB1] Maintenance has completed! Thank you for your patience!

blade & soul unreal engine 4

B&S just posted a video on YouTube about their engine update. It was using unreal engine 3 like Tera and now about to update to unreal engine 4.
Though Im not asking EME to ask Krafton to do the same (they already said they will NOT update the game engine and NOT going to talk about it.)
I still like TERA but seeing other MMOs developers cares about their games and getting engine update. Im just....sad

Comments

• Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    Why do you think Tera releases bare minimum "content" a new dungeon twice a year at most. And recycled old dungeons that a literally HP sponges. This game lacks stuff to do and is just cash shop priority at this point. Feels bad to see this game forever be a hot laggy mess.
  • Theyve been talking about putting bns on ue4 for like 3 yrars

Has it happened yet?
  • WaitressWaitress ✭✭

@Maximumbooty said:
    Theyve been talking about putting bns on ue4 for like 3 yrars

Has it happened yet?

Unreal Engine 4 was officially announced about 1 year ago. Everything up until then was players begging for the conversion just like people beg Tera for any kind of changes. BnS intended to roll out the convert late last year/early this year, but looked at player feedback + concerns from the first trailer release and decided to go back and work on even more in hopes of having as good of an outcome as possible. Remember. A rushed game will be forever bad, but a delayed game can turn out great. Does it mean for sure it'll come out the greatest thing in the world? Of course not, no one knows how heavy it'll be on systems. but I'm sure anything will be better than UE3 at least. The new guess for when BnS will release it is late this year/early next year. In the meantime we just get glimpses of it every now and then.

I've been actually taking a break from that game since I feel like I own every costume I possibly could and more so I've been lurking Tera in hopes of playing for a while but I keep seeing and hearing nothing but misery so it's pretty disappointing. Also Tera likely would never have such a change. BnS is only able to because they have the financial ability. I don't think Tera makes enough nor do they have enough employees on any region to do all that work. Teras main focus should be communication with it's players to re-establish trust/hope and I'm guessing? Doing more kinds of events and releases that make players genuinely happy. Since they cannot afford to be anything other than what they are now, they should focus on making what they have as attractive as possible. Currently though, they are at the complete opposite.

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

@Waitress said:
    Also Tera likely would never have such a change. BnS is only able to because they have the financial ability. I don't think Tera makes enough nor do they have enough employees on any region to do all that work. Teras main focus should be communication with it's players to re-establish trust/hope and I'm guessing? Doing more kinds of events and releases that make players genuinely happy. Since they cannot afford to be anything other than what they are now, they should focus on making what they have as attractive as possible.

And they can barely do that. How long do we have to suffer through the scarf and cape glitch? Until someone gets rushed to the local hospital because the glitch triggered an epileptic episode?

TERA was developed by the same people who bought out created PUBG: BHS/Krafton. You know, that game that spearheaded the (somewhat) current Battle Royale craze? Pardon me if I say that I think it's complete nonsense that they're hurting for cash.

That said, PUBG also runs like crap, to the point where there are entire websites dedicated to chronicling and fixing the assorted issues. Make of that what you will.

• MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

@SageWindu said:

@Waitress said:
    Also Tera likely would never have such a change. BnS is only able to because they have the financial ability. I don't think Tera makes enough nor do they have enough employees on any region to do all that work. Teras main focus should be communication with it's players to re-establish trust/hope and I'm guessing? Doing more kinds of events and releases that make players genuinely happy. Since they cannot afford to be anything other than what they are now, they should focus on making what they have as attractive as possible.

And they can barely do that. How long do we have to suffer through the scarf and cape glitch? Until someone gets rushed to the local hospital because the glitch triggered an epileptic episode?

TERA was developed by the same people who bought out created PUBG: BHS/Krafton. You know, that game that spearheaded the (somewhat) current Battle Royale craze? Pardon me if I say that I think it's complete nonsense that they're hurting for cash.

That said, PUBG also runs like crap, to the point where there are entire websites dedicated to chronicling and fixing the assorted issues. Make of that what you will.

The scarf/cape glitch can be mitigated with 3rd party solutions.

• walking1987walking1987 ✭✭
    edited July 20

@Maximumbooty said:

Has it happened yet?

They just released a video preview of the unreal engine 4 BnS. It does seems its getting closer to launch.

@MargaretRose said:

So now we are relying on 3rd party solutions to fix a known forever bug?

• LordMurasamaLordMurasama ✭✭✭
    edited July 20
    NCSoft has the resources (money plus engineers) to do that work even when taking into account the revenues/profits that Krafton has made from PUBG (they generated over $920 million in revenue last year but this is around half of what NCSoft has been averaging over the past several years).

NCSoft started the conversion process last May but also noted the work won't be completed this year (mentioned in their producers letter a few weeks ago). UE4 also doesn't mean things will be magically optimized; they still need to do that depending on what capabilities they utilize along with the target hardware configurations.

TBH, B&S really needed it as it always ran like molasses in more areas of the game (at least for me); I get way more client FPS drops compared to TERA (and it uses a UE3 build in the 4000 range similar to TERA). I remember one of the earlier starting hubs (the one where you talk to the NPC to select your faction) where frame rates stuttered to 0 like crazy even without other players in the area.

The 1080p preview wasn't really impressive either (at least to me) since it doesn't look like they really redid the assets/textures (i.e. taking advantage of PBR in UE4) for the little that they showed. Would like to see them take actual game client footage with the game running at 1440p or better yet, 4K and seeing it put out 60fps minimum during intense combat scenes.
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 21

@walking1987 said:

@Maximumbooty said:

Has it happened yet?

They just released a video preview of the unreal engine 4 BnS. It does seems its getting closer to launch.

@MargaretRose said:

So now we are relying on 3rd party solutions to fix a known forever bug?

Unfortunately, yes.
    Otherwise can always visit the local hospital because the glitch triggered an epileptic episode.
    Chuckle

• LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭

Either way it's too late now because it would require massive amount of money and man power to port this game to EU4. They would just lose money and time because the population is very low to make them get investment back and the game still has many other problems.

• KantazoKantazo ✭✭

@walking1987 said:
    B&S just posted a video on YouTube about their engine update. It was using unreal engine 3 like Tera and now about to update to unreal engine 4.
    Though Im not asking EME to ask Krafton to do the same (they already said they will NOT update the game engine and NOT going to talk about it.)
    I still like TERA but seeing other MMOs developers cares about their games and getting engine update. Im just....sad

The TERA developers caring about their game is like asking the Sun to stop shinning.