[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

The new adventure coin system is terribad tbh

Did 3 DFH runs and nothing to do for hours while coins regenerate since no adventure coins. With BGs dead, there's nothing to do at all on tera

= 3 DFH runs and then 5-6+ hours of afk just to refill it for maybe 20 min to drain it and another 5-6+ hours of AFK. I don't think this is a good system for PvE to be honest

Comments

• ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭

You could Fish tho in your AFK time.

I believe the system was put in pace for more ppl to have more chances than 2 (with elite) per day at the higher dungeons.
    Sure, there was reset scrolls, but come to think about it, in the time one of your reset scrolls is finally done with the cooldown (which was 5 hours per scroll type) your adventure coins already regenerated enough to run again a dungeon.

Can always use VG credits to buy a haste coin from VG merchant, fish for an hour, and then back to dungeons.

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoknahal said:
    You could Fish tho in your AFK time.

I believe the system was put in pace for more ppl to have more chances than 2 (with elite) per day at the higher dungeons.
    Sure, there was reset scrolls, but come to think about it, in the time one of your reset scrolls is finally done with the cooldown (which was 5 hours per scroll type) your adventure coins already regenerated enough to run again a dungeon.

Can always use VG credits to buy a haste coin from VG merchant, fish for an hour, and then back to dungeons.

It does beg the question why a hard limit to do certain things was even in place. Is it a hard law in S.Korea (and SEA at large) that game devs need to take steps to prevent someone from literally dying in one of their cafes (which wasn't really the fault of the game nor cafe)?

• ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭

Not siding with the adventure coin system, just trying to get something positive out of it, like i always do with everything.

The system without a doubt NEEDS improvements. As of right now, is a system that tries to encourage to spend money to keep running dungeons, AND THAT IS REALLY BAD.

• MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoknahal said:
    Not siding with the adventure coin system, just trying to get something positive out of it, like i always do with everything.

The system without a doubt NEEDS improvements. As of right now, is a system that tries to encourage to spend money to keep running dungeons, AND THAT IS REALLY BAD.

Confused, what of it is positive?

• LilienetteLilienette ✭✭
    edited August 5

@MargaretRose said: > Confused, what of it is positive?

That people aren't dying from overplaying a game with no restrictions. (which has happened) I mean, don't get me wrong, it's stupid for most people, nobody's arguing that.

• Presumably the system is in place as a rather lame attempt at being a more restrictive 'more-stick-than-carrot' approach to player retention than what we had previously. Another game I'm currently playing restricts player entries into the two meaningful dungeons to once a week each with massive grinds attached to them, and as much as anyone might complain about the lack of things to do they'll still keep coming back once a week, which means they're still thinking about the game which means they may still spend money on it.

The difference here is the coins restrict ALL dungeon entries universally, with a convenient p2w option to bypass it to a degree. And given that character progression in this game isn't as 'passive' as what I've been playing, it matters a lot more when you physically cannot progress due to entry limitations and ESPECIALLY when it also prevents you from running with friends.

• EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭

The coin system seems to exist as it does to try to:

• a) Get people to log in and play each day, because the daily base regen is higher than the cap, so if you don't drain the coins you'll waste a bunch of them.
    • b) Provide a consumable item buy incentive for the coins from the cash shop. That's why they outright put a link to the cash shop everywhere for them, after all.

It's ultimately a horrible complement to the promise of the weekly cap for entries system - at least if you're interested in enabling people to play at their own pace; it's perfectly matched for adding perverse incentive to spend on the cash shop for coins - since that is supposed to let you run more things on the schedule you prefer. Be it if you want to spend an evening grinding hardcore or running multiple lower tier dungeons with a newly joined friend or whatever else.

The new entry system would enable more options there, to tailor the game to your play style and schedule. Tanks could go for more runs if they wanted (because let's be real here, 40 or 80 runs of a dungeon in a week isn't going to get exhausted by anyone but the most dedicated), you wouldn't need to carefully pick what you want to do per day for maximum benefit, you wouldn't get penalized for even thinking about running anything but the highest tier dungeons you can.

Even if they'd just have been willing to make the coin cap be something like 3 or 7 days worth of regen (or just 3 or 7 times the current cap) it could have been more workable and actually succeed in giving people more options. Concentrate your runs or spread them out. Lower tier stuff would still be a likely waste of coins, but they could provide cost reductions for if you run with someone unskilled, actually use the IMS solo, or if you're a class in great demand. Use the coins as a way to steer people to where they want activity to happen by discounting certain dungeons (they can do that after all) or providing extra coins you can earn to put towards the more costly runs.

Not remotely perfect, and likely still rife with the cash grab feel of selling the coins, but it could have been better than what it is.

• fromsector7fromsector7 ✭✭✭

1- Not all players use steam to play tera.
    2- What is the percentage of casual steam players?
    3- when the game was difficult and it took time to reach lv 60+ the casualties left tera in a few days, then reduced the time needed to reach lv65, the casual players did not know what to do and left the game, the casual players did not have the best set in a few days .. leave the game.
    4- If the method works financially including the console version ... or if that is the intention to kill tera .. they are in their right. what is the problem?

• kori83kori83 ✭✭
    edited August 6

One of the problems is Adventure/Haste Coins are untradeable.

I play Tera about 4 days a week, and due to health reasons I get tired after running 1 or 2 dungeons.
    I dont think I've ever dipped below 600 coins

So I have stacks sitting in my bank that I don't know what to do with - I would gladly sell it to people who will make better use of them, if I could.

• @kori83 said:
    One of the problems is Adventure/Haste Coins are untradeable.

I play Tera about 4 days a week, and due to health reasons I get tired after running 1 or 2 dungeons.
    I dont think I've ever dipped below 600 coins

So I have stacks sitting in my bank that I don't know what to do with - I would gladly sell it to people who will make better use of them, if I could.

How do you get (farm) Adventure coins? please tell me.