[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

RNG,(Random Number Generator ), you are killing me with this Tera!

This fabulous RNG kill me every time this happen, how many times?, sixs only in this weapon and that is like nothing compared to others players suffering the same.

People LEFT THE GAME FOR THIS!.

What is happening guys?, i can live with the nasty farming but this????.

Comments

• AllurenAlluren ✭✭

I refuse to even try until this is addressed

• ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭

You didnt even showed the amount of experience your sword has.

Six times you say? son, you have yet to suffer when enchanting Heroic Oath to even +1

You seem to forget, but the moment you decide to create an account for one of this asian games, and this is for all of us, we sign up for the grindfest, we sign up for the RNG.

The only place where RNG should be banned, is in the cash shop (im looking at you EME, practicing the same strategy that EA uses, and refusing to let go of it, fully knowing is predatory and damaging.)

• You didnt even showed the amount of experience your sword has.

• I dont feel the need to show more sadness.

Six times you say? son, you have yet to suffer when enchanting Heroic Oath to even +1

• Yeah i know the tragedy, friends tell me that, the few that go that far.

You seem to forget, but the moment you decide to create an account for one of this asian games, and this is for all of us, we sign up for the grindfest, we sign up for the RNG.

-Grindfest, yeah, But grindfest AND crappy RNG....nay, it's to much.

The only place where RNG should be banned, is in the cash shop (im looking at you EME, practicing the same strategy that EA uses, and refusing to let go of it, fully knowing is predatory and damaging.)

• If you want to make another post pointing about that feel free to do so, you are right.
  • Im his friend, his weapon are maxed the item lvl exp as it can.

I failed 9 times in my fcking brooch, trying to get the amplificated version. Actually i give up and waiting the next gear coming
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    I shudder to think at what misery will be added to acquirer the next set of equipment
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alluren said:
    I refuse to even try until this is addressed

I fear you may be waiting for a very long time...

• The core problem is golden and silver.
    Everything else you can get with couple runs of dungeons except golden and silver.
    I've ask some people with large amount of golden and silver about how they farm them, and the answer was you don't, the best way to get them is by buying keys from store and open the golden/silver lockbox.

• kori83kori83 ✭✭
    edited August 9

well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm up to 50% chance for my Necklace, so far.
    That's like what, 10 fails?

• Do you koow what a Elinu's Relic III is? Number 3? It worked on my 36th try combining Elinu's Relic II with II. Over 700k+ gold spent with all the failing to make II then to make III. But even longer to farm for those relics. Failing 6 times on a weapon is nothing..
  • how do u fail so much in an easy game like this lol? i only failed about a total of 8 times into upgrading to full heroic oath set and another total of only 11 fails to fully +3 the set from +0

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

@EGLMTADHX9 said:
    how do u fail so much in an easy game like this lol? i only failed about a total of 8 times into upgrading to full heroic oath set and another total of only 11 fails to fully +3 the set from +0

What kind of question is this? Do you really not understand how RNG works?

You only failed 8 times total? I'm afraid you got extremely lucky, friend. The system is explicitly designed to be against the player (as most Korean MMOs tend to be), otherwise the item XP system would actually make some g**damn sense.

Bragging about how some algorithms just so happened to roll the right numbers more often for you isn't a compelling counterargument.

• @Zulia69 said:
    I left the game due to the RNG. Upgrading gear is no different than opening a lootbox.

It's actually worse, because you get nothing in return for your time and investment. A lootbox however garbage it may be will at least give you an item in return. Enchanting on the other hand gives you absolutely nothing. Your efforts and your investment is worthless. Had you tried 10 times and failed every time, you'd be in the exact same position as if you'd never tried at all.

And nobody is allowed to bring up the increased success chance as an argument. A chance is just that - a chance, and what it gives you is so pathetically small that it won't realistically have a notable effect on the outcome. The fact is simply that there is no physical compensation. The people who failed 150+ times trying to enchant from +14 to +15 were seriously questioning why they were bothering anymore, and I know one person who decided after that he'd had enough of this game and [filtered] zero-return forced investments.

• @SageWindu said:

@EGLMTADHX9 said:
    how do u fail so much in an easy game like this lol? i only failed about a total of 8 times into upgrading to full heroic oath set and another total of only 11 fails to fully +3 the set from +0

What kind of question is this? Do you really not understand how RNG works?

You only failed 8 times total? I'm afraid you got extremely lucky, friend. The system is explicitly designed to be against the player (as most Korean MMOs tend to be), otherwise the item XP system would actually make some g**damn sense.

Bragging about how some algorithms just so happened to roll the right numbers more often for you isn't a compelling counterargument.

aww sucks to be you then. just gather more mats and try harder lol