[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/15 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance
[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

RNG,(Random Number Generator ), you are killing me with this Tera!

2»

Comments

• btw is the new jewelry system really this easy too in rng? i one shot one of my ethereal rings to forcetic ring and the other ring took 4 tries with 3 fails and success. as for the earrings, one of them with 1 fail and then success and the last earring with 3 fails and success.. O.o

• lel try to +2 HO or IV relics haha!!

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

@EGLMTADHX9 said:

@SageWindu said:

@EGLMTADHX9 said:
    how do u fail so much in an easy game like this lol? i only failed about a total of 8 times into upgrading to full heroic oath set and another total of only 11 fails to fully +3 the set from +0

What kind of question is this? Do you really not understand how RNG works?

You only failed 8 times total? I'm afraid you got extremely lucky, friend. The system is explicitly designed to be against the player (as most Korean MMOs tend to be), otherwise the item XP system would actually make some g**damn sense.

Bragging about how some algorithms just so happened to roll the right numbers more often for you isn't a compelling counterargument.

aww sucks to be you then. just gather more mats and try harder lol

That's your rebuttal? "gather more mats and try harder lol"? Please tell me you're joking.

One can physically throw a pair of dice to improve the odds of getting a certain outcome. You can't do that with a game's internal logic unless you're doing something nefarious. Assuming you're not part of the latter camp, you being as lucky as you were is exactly that: luck.

"try[ing] harder lol" has little to nothing to do with that.

• TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭

@EGLMTADHX9 said:
    how do u fail so much in an easy game like this lol? i only failed about a total of 8 times into upgrading to full heroic oath set and another total of only 11 fails to fully +3 the set from +0

You averaged only 2 fails per piece of gear to get HO? You got all your HO to enchant +1 - +3 on the first or second try? In the unlikely event you're not just trolling and really managed to do this, you need to go and spend every penny you have on lottery tickets.

• voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12

Back when I started, the best stuff was optional. It was a pain in the [filtered] to get, but you didn't have to get it. It was like a cherry on top. And progression functioned in a way that kept it to roughly 3 gear tiers per patch.
    Now, you straight up won't get rewarded for dungeon completions if you don't have some of this stuff. And they haven't raised the progression floor either, so if you're new you're still basically starting ... what, 5 tiers behind? I don't even know anymore. Before I quit, I spent everything I had trying to just enhance an earring so I could finally have the ilvl to get rewarded for a dungeon I'd already completed multiple times without said earring (grotto hard). The experience left such a bad taste in my mouth that when I finally succeeded on the thing, I wasn't even happy. I just logged off and never came back.

Hell, you guys don't even make it easy to calculate how ilvl will raise with enhancements. People have to go to third party sites to figure this stuff out, yet it's a crucial part of your game's upgrade/reward system. So sad imo.

• @voidy said:
    Back when I started, the best stuff was optional. It was a pain in the [filtered] to get, but you didn't have to get it. It was like a cherry on top. And progression functioned in a way that kept it to roughly 3 gear tiers per patch.

I'm actually reminded of my feelings toward the decline of reasonable player expectations toward gear during the end of TSHM/beginning of FIHM patch. As VM5 became easier to craft and enchant, I was disappointed that a +15 weapon was no longer a luxury but instead a necessity, and that actually having such an item didn't really mean much. In the early days if you so much as caught a glimpse of +15 wings, you'd prepare yourself for a carry like you'd never seen before - then everyone got their hands on previous patch VM, and suddenly it just became the accepted norm and was the only consideration anyone had when inspecting even though all of the content in the game could easily be cleared with just +12 mid tier.

But while I was simply sad that it wasn't so much of a status symbol anymore, it was actually the beginning of a much larger problem in the game - the ever increasing grind to reach the generally accepted norm, whether it was necessary or not. At the end of the day, you were still throwing resources at a tiny percentage chance to succeed in enchanting and every failure would give you nothing. It's even worse now because the game itself is setting its standards way too high, and where previously you needed fully enchanted mid tier you now need full top tier regardless of actual dungeon difficulty.

It has been a long four year downward spiral.

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

@voidy said:
    Now, you straight up won't get rewarded for dungeon completions if you don't have some of this stuff. And they haven't raised the progression floor either, so if you're new you're still basically starting ... what, 5 tiers behind? I don't even know anymore. Before I quit, I spent everything I had trying to just enhance an earring so I could finally have the ilvl to get rewarded for a dungeon I'd already completed multiple times without said earring (grotto hard). **The experience left such a bad taste in my mouth that when I finally succeeded on the thing, I wasn't even happy. I just logged off and never came back. **

I was talking to a guildmate about this. I should be eager to see what new challenges await now that I have new and/or better equipment. Instead, I'm breathing a sigh of relief that the game did not tell me to go f**k myself.

I don't know but so much about game design, but this is just bad.

• KarchorotKarchorot ✭✭
    edited August 23

Just a small update, i'll go in my 10 failed try...........

THANKS you TERA!!!!