[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

when a merger of servers? Kaiator + Velika

when a merger of servers?
the 2 servers are dead

Comments

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10

Sure, let's merge the servers instead of addressing and maybe fixing the issues that are making people leave in the first place.

Because that worked so well the first 4 times. (/s)

• tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭

all thats happened every time they have chosen to merge servers in the past was
    a. a small player base percentage left and
    b. the servers seemed to have more trouble coping

and being that a good portion of player base left has alts on both servers mashing them together wont produce a bigger player base , but more will leave due to what they end up loosing from the merge (alts names and alts them self)

so if a server merge is the only way forward from here you may as well just shut the doors now saving every one the grief

• ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10

Why even players want a merge?

I dont get it. The first time, ok it was needed, too many servers, WAY TOO MANY (if you remember the good ol days of Serpentis Island and Dragonfall being what is Kaiator nowadays)

2nd and 3rd, were... meh, probably just good for the name wipes.

4th wasnt really needed, but they still went with it.

Why merge a 5th time if is gonna be like all the time: Players complain and complain about servers being dead > merge happens > players complain EVEN MORE for stuff like "i dont wanna pvp" , "my name got taken!" , "server is still dead!"

Instead of a merge, how about fixing the current issues, as @SageWindu said.

• XandervbXandervb ✭✭✭

Merging PvP and PvE servers is a bit tricky. I am still mad at EME for pushing me into PvP server (Highwatch merged with some dead PvP servers, with the alternative being a free transfer to yet another dead PvE server) and then further into Kaiator. You still have people complaining about it and asking "please turn PvP off in the X event zone, I am not having a good time and I have never chosen to play on a PvP server".

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10

@Jarecks said:
    when a merger of servers?
    the 2 servers are dead

Oh look, another troll thread.

Just because you say the servers are dead doesn't make it so. Plus, I love how you guys always go on the game at 2 or 3am, and then, whine and cry that no one is around to play in the middle of the night. No, dungeons don't often pop that late. That doesn't mean the game is dead. It just means that you're not playing when most people are playing.

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but most people have jobs or go to school during the day SO THEY SLEEP AT NIGHT!

• RonLawRonLaw ✭✭

Most people who posts these threads are losers with no friends online no guild or bad guild or can't play the game

• LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭

When these 2 servers get merged and that one server is dead again. What will happen to Tera? Merge with EU? Amazing.

• edited August 12

Unfortunately, nobody cares what they think about merge, a possible merge between Kaiator and Velika is too possible in view of what will happen in EU Tera, they will completely eliminate PvP servers as they did in KTera too, it's just a matter of time my friends... It's useless complaining about silly names or complaining about the consequences of that decision, if it happens, it will happen, just we will have to adapt for a 5th time...

• MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    edited August 12

better they alert us now that a server merge is coming soon, so players can have some months to plan and prep the accounts, idk and idc as of this moment i'm hardly playing cause all my friends left and any new friends i make in this game they don't stay long playing either.

• Dont merge with Velika pls. Merge the other server with.. something else.

Until now im still upset about other server merged with my beloved TR..
    :heartbreak:

• LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new gear system will push more players away considering its a mix of the current pvp gear system and +15. BHS keeps making all the wrong changes and eme doesn’t help either
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭

@LancerJiva said:
    The new gear system will push more players away considering its a mix of the current pvp gear system and +15. BHS keeps making all the wrong changes and eme doesn’t help either

Basically this. A server merge can help revitalize things by putting people together and allowing for more people to do things with each other, which is why so many of us wanted it before when there were a bunch of servers and only TR/MT were alive among them. But that obviously is not the final step. You can't just merge servers and then keep making bad decisions every day that drive more people away. The real kicker is when people go "see, they merged the servers and the population's still in decline!" as if the sole reason for the game's decline in popularity is because of a server merge they didn't agree with, and not the heavy RNG, the massive cash shop influence, the publisher's repeated unwillingness to listen to its players, and the developers' apathy towards its non-korean players. Nope! Ignore all that. The game's failing because of server merges!

@Lapomko said:
    When these 2 servers get merged and that one server is dead again. What will happen to Tera? Merge with EU? Amazing.

And this is precisely why EME/BHS need to actually listen to what their players want, instead of just merging things, seeing the temporary jump in players, and going "welp, my job's done." For example, fun additions to the game that revitalize it and bring people back, like extreme dungeons, classic servers, events that don't just reward some temporary item, etc. could go a long way in actually making people take a second look at this game. I know people who swore up and down that they wouldn't come back to tera, but when EU did classic servers, they came back. And when classic servers went away, they stuck around on the regular servers. It's just one example, but consider all the times NA has just been left in the dust on this sort of thing; we didn't get classic servers, we rarely get 'extreme' dungeons, we're stuck with bugs that don't get fixed for ages, when grindy new content comes out we're stuck watching eu get quality of life changes added to make it bearable while we're stuck dealing with the grind and none of the events to mitigate it. And then the cherry on top is the same company that can't respond to its players here will put out a promotional ad about how they're expanding into other areas, like netflix, effectively showing that their priorities lie elsewhere. It's not a good look, they have a serious uphill battle to fight, and frankly I don't think they care enough to fight it.

Well, at least y'all got BRE and SCE for once. Maybe someone there does give a [filtered].

• FuelynFuelyn ✭✭

Hopefully never.

• ToxicDemiseToxicDemise ✭✭
    edited August 13

I'd like to know when BH, and Enmasse would get their heads out of the clouds.. Perhaps listen to what the players want would be nice for a change.. PVP is officially dead in this game, as a direct result of the bad decisions made on both sides.

Players, "We want another battleground, and new PVP content"
    BH/ENMASSE, "Okay we'll give you shore hold and remove your favorite battleground. Then we'll end Jackpot rewards, and force you to level up new PVP gear."

(Why the hell was this remotely a good idea? Why are PVP players forced to start their gear over from scratch and yet PVE players continue to use the same gear that EVERY player in this game took months to level up!?!?!?)

The result of their decision:
    (I play a healer)
    Since there is only 1 healer slot per team this has basically removed the likely chance of getting into a game ten times harder for a healer than it use to be. As it use to be 3-4 healer slots in Fraywind Canyon.. That's not it though the kickers is if you manage to get into the battleground you have to be geared, skilled, and have a ton of friends. If you don't you very likely will get booted. Oh and there is no more fraywind canyons so you'll have to settle with going into Corsairs or Gridiron if you don't make the cut for shorehold.

So there is no more jackpot calendar! Nothing left to entice players to join battlegrounds at all anymore. Events are too far in between and they don't last very long and once they're over the queues stop. People are forced to get new PVP gear with very little reward for the time spent in a battleground, and with nothing popping good luck getting the BC credits to gear up anyway..

END RESULT:
    PVP is officially dead in Tera.

Isn't this what BH wanted all along?!?

This discussion has been closed.