[PC] Maintenance is completed!

Just saw elitism in GLSNM, smh PVErs gotta stop being so picky

Comments

• Djevik wrote: »
    Aluh you and the rest of the elitism people in this game is the sole reason why tera can’t and will not grow.. you care to much about yourself.. I played this game since the close beta days and not once throughout the whole time playing before the f2p switch did i ever sent anyone a run.. bc they didn’t know mechanics or they were under geared..

I want to come back to tera i do. Tera is my first love in a sense of mmorpgs but after reading the replies to this post makes me question it bc i would sit there and not be able to do dungeons or just keep getting kicked bc of your type..

i 100% agree with op NM of any dungeon is cool take people along and show them the ropes and this tends to them having fun eh? than they have friends that they will suggest to the game and rinse and repeat. Tera is dying bc of the [filtered] [filtered] EM has done but it’s partially player base as well bc there was and still is a lot of toxicity and elitism in this game and i have no idea why..

i get it bc winning is fun and being the best is awesome but be those things without being a [filtered] douche flute..

i remember MCHM which ideas one of the funnest dungeons to me and one of the hardest and we would at times take 2 fandoms with us just to show them what’s up.. even though we didn’t even have max gear back than...

quit being full of yourself and enjoy the game and enjoy the people in the game bc tera isn’t going to be around forever at this rate you want to be a elite or toxic and keep pushing players of the server or new one for that matter of fact and have the server feel like empty by all means keep doing what you people are doing...

But...Aluh wasn't even acting Elitist they were simply telling people how it is. IF you are that sensitive then yeah Tera is not the place for you.

After reading over what I posted, ya you are right I was kinda pointing the blame at Aluh, I just took her responses the wrong way, so I apologize to you for that Aluh.

You are right I dont play the game.. I have interest in it again but if this is how the game is why would ***ANY NEW PLAYER*** or even returning player want to come back to the game. Think about it honestly.. the excuse right now is that "Sorry thats the way the game is right now" no the game isnt like that the playerbase is like that. All it takes is a couple people to be like screw it lets take him/her and help them and they help others.. Now I will say even back in the day of FOKHM there where elitist and hardcore at that but since there was a much larger playerbase everyone got to enjoy content regardless of ilvl(is that even a thing anymore?).

Like I said before Tera was the first action combat game I played and I feel in love with it and I always keep coming back, like its home.. I left the first time because it went f2p and than some massive changes to the game that a lot of players didnt agree with but still to this day I keep coming back only to leave now because I sit there doing nothing because I used to get kicked from dungeons and bgs so I couldnt progress any longer. I was hoping time would change things but it seems as it makes it worst.

• Djevik wrote: »
    Djevik wrote: »
    Aluh you and the rest of the elitism people in this game is the sole reason why tera can’t and will not grow.. you care to much about yourself.. I played this game since the close beta days and not once throughout the whole time playing before the f2p switch did i ever sent anyone a run.. bc they didn’t know mechanics or they were under geared..

I want to come back to tera i do. Tera is my first love in a sense of mmorpgs but after reading the replies to this post makes me question it bc i would sit there and not be able to do dungeons or just keep getting kicked bc of your type..

i 100% agree with op NM of any dungeon is cool take people along and show them the ropes and this tends to them having fun eh? than they have friends that they will suggest to the game and rinse and repeat. Tera is dying bc of the [filtered] [filtered] EM has done but it’s partially player base as well bc there was and still is a lot of toxicity and elitism in this game and i have no idea why..

i get it bc winning is fun and being the best is awesome but be those things without being a [filtered] douche flute..

i remember MCHM which ideas one of the funnest dungeons to me and one of the hardest and we would at times take 2 fandoms with us just to show them what’s up.. even though we didn’t even have max gear back than...

quit being full of yourself and enjoy the game and enjoy the people in the game bc tera isn’t going to be around forever at this rate you want to be a elite or toxic and keep pushing players of the server or new one for that matter of fact and have the server feel like empty by all means keep doing what you people are doing...

But...Aluh wasn't even acting Elitist they were simply telling people how it is. IF you are that sensitive then yeah Tera is not the place for you.

After reading over what I posted, ya you are right I was kinda pointing the blame at Aluh, I just took her responses the wrong way, so I apologize to you for that Aluh.

You are right I dont play the game.. I have interest in it again but if this is how the game is why would ***ANY NEW PLAYER*** or even returning player want to come back to the game. Think about it honestly.. the excuse right now is that "Sorry thats the way the game is right now" no the game isnt like that the playerbase is like that. All it takes is a couple people to be like screw it lets take him/her and help them and they help others.. Now I will say even back in the day of FOKHM there where elitist and hardcore at that but since there was a much larger playerbase everyone got to enjoy content regardless of ilvl(is that even a thing anymore?).

Like I said before Tera was the first action combat game I played and I feel in love with it and I always keep coming back, like its home.. I left the first time because it went f2p and than some massive changes to the game that a lot of players didnt agree with but still to this day I keep coming back only to leave now because I sit there doing nothing because I used to get kicked from dungeons and bgs so I couldnt progress any longer. I was hoping time would change things but it seems as it makes it worst.

I will give you some very sound advise. You don't have to listen to me but I will give it anyways. If you enjoy Tera, come back and play. Yes, there are Toxic people, yes there are elitist but there are some really good and helpful players. Yes, I have my days where I am very crude and even an @ss but I try to be kind and helpful. IF you want to come back and play on Velika I am sure myself, and my guild would happily help gear you and teach you the new dungeons. It's what we do I try my best to be helpful to everyone. So feel free to come back and Direct Message me here, I can give you mine and some friends IGN and we will run BGS and Dungeons with you.
  • OurlordOurlord ✭✭
    10m lel to kill the first boss lel... its take less than 2m to kill it lel..
  • I know this thread is somewhat old, but I just have to comment because I share the same frustration. I'm a level 65 gunner with an item level of 438. I get sick of people making lfgs and deny me because i'm not item level 440 and up. I know they probably don't if I know the dungeon or not and I GET people want smooth, quick runs, but it still drives me nuts. Usually I just make my own lfgs, but sometimes I try and join, then get denied and I KNOW its cause i'm not 440 and up. Once I reach 439, I am hoping someone will help me run the next set of dungeons so I can learn them, but so many elitists won't help. They are stingy and rude. I do watch guides, but the best way I learn is to "do it" not "watch it". Tera has honestly become more toxic. Every MMO always has elitists, but it gets annoying. Not everyone has the time to get to where elitists are. I certainly don't, but I do love this game and enjoy running dungeons.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭

10 minutes per boss is a long time especially if people wipe, that said if they had an issue with some undergeared dude, they could've just left before the first boss was triggered to preserve their run and try again. Dunno why you'd IMS at all and expect good players though. I've seen so much [filtered] in there that I basically only ims when I'm in the mood to carry people who have no idea what they're doing. I think that's the perspective everyone should mentally psych themselves up for when they hit that button, but opinions etc.

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

@43E7WADLL5 said:
    I know this thread is somewhat old, but I just have to comment because I share the same frustration. I'm a level 65 gunner with an item level of 438. I get sick of people making lfgs and deny me because i'm not item level 440 and up. I know they probably don't if I know the dungeon or not and I GET people want smooth, quick runs, but it still drives me nuts. Usually I just make my own lfgs, but sometimes I try and join, then get denied and I KNOW its cause i'm not 440 and up. Once I reach 439, I am hoping someone will help me run the next set of dungeons so I can learn them, but so many elitists won't help. They are stingy and rude. I do watch guides, but the best way I learn is to "do it" not "watch it". Tera has honestly become more toxic. Every MMO always has elitists, but it gets annoying. Not everyone has the time to get to where elitists are. I certainly don't, but I do love this game and enjoy running dungeons.

Your best bet is to join a guild willing to teach you in order to get a player that wants to run end game dungeons. A guild is really your only shot. People that run end game dungeons are spamming them like crazy. They don't want to teach you nor do they want their run to be delayed or have to deal with you dying. Hence why a guild or group of people that normally play when you do might be your best bet.

• If you do not use injectors, proxies and scripts, your DPS will ALWAYS be inferior.

This is why I retired from Tera after 6 years. I do not enjoy playing endgame dungeons with a bunch of cheaters. Most of these people also brag in Discord openly about how their scripts work so well to boost their DPS in the guild..

I strongly recommend playing Tera casually because of this issue. Just log on, play a few dungeons that don't require Stormcry gears and have fun!

Explore the world of Tera with your flying mount! Tera has always been a beautiful game!
  • AluhAluh ✭✭

Dude ur nuts

• PoniloverPonilover ✭✭✭

@43E7WADLL5 said:
    I know this thread is somewhat old, but I just have to comment because I share the same frustration. I'm a level 65 gunner with an item level of 438. I get sick of people making lfgs and deny me because i'm not item level 440 and up. I know they probably don't if I know the dungeon or not and I GET people want smooth, quick runs, but it still drives me nuts. Usually I just make my own lfgs, but sometimes I try and join, then get denied and I KNOW its cause i'm not 440 and up. Once I reach 439, I am hoping someone will help me run the next set of dungeons so I can learn them, but so many elitists won't help. They are stingy and rude. I do watch guides, but the best way I learn is to "do it" not "watch it". Tera has honestly become more toxic. Every MMO always has elitists, but it gets annoying. Not everyone has the time to get to where elitists are. I certainly don't, but I do love this game and enjoy running dungeons.

Have you considered finishing the braindead story line to get yourself to 439, getting Apex and and +4 fm weapon before you do any dungeons?
    I'm sick and tired of ppl like you who show up in RR or SSNM w/o full fm and apex and then complaining about getting kicked.

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ponilover said:

@43E7WADLL5 said:

Have you considered finishing the braindead story line to get yourself to 439, getting Apex and and +4 fm weapon before you do any dungeons?
    I'm sick and tired of ppl like you who show up in RR or SSNM w/o full fm and apex and then complaining about getting kicked.

You're kind of proving their point with that last sentence.

I know it's "not [your] job" to teach people to play the game blah blah blah, but you could've just left it at the first part.

• Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭

@MatrixOfLeaders said:
    If you do not use injectors, proxies and scripts, your DPS will ALWAYS be inferior.

This is why I retired from Tera after 6 years. I do not enjoy playing endgame dungeons with a bunch of cheaters. Most of these people also brag in Discord openly about how their scripts work so well to boost their DPS in the guild..

I strongly recommend playing Tera casually because of this issue. Just log on, play a few dungeons that don't require Stormcry gears and have fun!

Explore the world of Tera with your flying mount! Tera has always been a beautiful game!

injector/proxy/scripts does not equal more dps lol. scripts don't make you have better gear, scripts don't make you a more skilled and better player, scripts don't give you boss/dungeon knowledge

ur just flat out wrong XD

• edited August 16

@SageWindu said:

I know it's "not [your] job" to teach people to play the game blah blah blah, but you could've just left it at the first part.

My thoughts exactly, Sage! As for the topic itself, I can understand where both sides of this topic are coming from since it's an equal frustration for both side of the coin. However, elitism shouldn't be tolerated if the ones who are behaving in such a manner resort to being toxic and verbally abusive towards their peers, especially if the parties formed for the dungeons were via IM. What people fail to remember is that we all started off as beginners, so give the newbies a break. It's a learning experience for them and they shouldn't be condemned. You achieve far better results with kindness and patience than you would by being nasty, just saying X'D

• PoniloverPonilover ✭✭✭

@AriaofDiabolos said:

@SageWindu said:

My thoughts exactly, Sage! As for the topic itself, I can understand where both sides of this topic are coming from since it's an equal frustration for both side of the coin. However, elitism shouldn't be tolerated if the ones who are behaving in such a manner resort to being toxic and verbally abusive towards their peers, especially if the parties formed for the dungeons were via IM. What people fail to remember is that we all started off as beginners, so give the newbies a break. It's a learning experience for them and they shouldn't be condemned. You achieve far better results with kindness and patience than you would by being nasty, just saying X'D

Can u pls show me where the elitism is in expecting ppl to finish the gearing story line b4 queuing anything? What's elitist in kick ppl w/ wrong crystals, considering the correct ones are given for free at lvl 65?

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

It would be so flipping amazing if they could let us do or learn dungeons with NPC's. Like if there is a 2-person party, they could pick the other 3 players as NPC's. Oh well, we can always dream. Until then, there will be more threads like this.

I feel sorry for both sides. Tough for people to learn when always getting kicked, but not sure why players farming dungeons would want to take the time. Even with lower level dungeons you always got that player that can't be bothered to learn anything about the dungeon before going in. Hence why joining a guild and making friends is so important in a game like this if you want to farm dungeons.

• HopeandHonorHopeandHonor ✭✭
    edited August 17

Honestly this isn't necessarily out of elitism, as much as practicality, if a party took 10 minutes on Nedra, a boss which is more or less a sandbag boss that can be killed quickly, imagine fighting Kylos, a boss that will kill new players, it would be a long run, so some people don't wanna spend all that time in a dungeon for such a little reward and rather get a faster, also, those people aren't elitist, or at least not really, they weren't good, if they were it'd be a lot faster fight, but most people who are actually better don't really care (at least I don't) if there's 1-2 floormat players doing underwhelming damage, cause we can make up for it, and it's low level IM

This wasn't elitism, I agree with what someone above said, this was more like people wanting a carry through the dungeon. Elitism does most definitely exist in this game, but this wasn't it

This discussion has been closed.