[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

when a merger of servers? Kaiator + Velika

2»

Comments

• @UsagiFF said:
    What about this: Move servers location, make one for East coast and another for West coast. This will allow all players have better ping acordingly with the server location they are playing. And give free transfers with all assets included for a time window of a month at least.

This would be objectively worse because people from the two servers couldn't do any instance/BG matching together. If they were going to do this, they'd be better off pursuing a new market entirely (like, say, Brazil or something) not splitting the U.S. market.

• MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

@counterpoint said:

@UsagiFF said:
    What about this: Move servers location, make one for East coast and another for West coast. This will allow all players have better ping acordingly with the server location they are playing. And give free transfers with all assets included for a time window of a month at least.

This would be objectively worse because people from the two servers couldn't do any instance/BG matching together. If they were going to do this, they'd be better off pursuing a new market entirely (like, say, Brazil or something) not splitting the U.S. market.

This could be nice if the current population was higher.
    SWTOR had East and West servers a few years ago.
    Considering US' size, it's easy for a player to have considerable ping even inside the country.

• edited August 17

OP is clearly is troll, but on the slim chance that they aren't, all I have to say to this is Hell no! Not this bullshite again! The last merge was literal Hell and destroyed everything.

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

Surely, BHS wouldn't have made the changes if they didn't think the changes were going to help. No doubt they've already been working on ways to fix it. We can always hope.

• edited August 17

I'm not a fan of losing all my progress, friends, and all of the things I've spent actual money on, so no thanks. There's no need for another merge and anyone who thinks it's necessary is an idiot. Some of you seem to be forgetting that the last merge is what killed the playerbase. Oh yeah, and that rollback too. Bad decisions all around! Dear Lakan ...

• I'm not sure if it needs to be said, but I'm not aware of any discussion related to merging servers at this time, and indeed right at this moment (in the dead of summer in between patches -- the typical low point) isn't really the best time to make this determination anyway. EME is trying to come up with in-game events to keep things interesting as they can (the boss spawn event is one such attempt), so be sure to give your feedback about that (separately).

For now I'm going to lock this thread.

This discussion has been closed.