[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/15 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance
[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

With regards to the new gear change

13»

Comments

• edited August 21

Y'know, I've been waiting for the perfect moment to use this stupid meme of mine lmao

Unsurprising to anyone, I'm Hella salty over this new upcoming change. Oy, vey!

• voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭

No more double CDR really sucks. Talk about the last nail in the coffin.
    All this game had going for it was its combat. The only reason I'd even come back was to just play my lancer and enjoy how satisfying it felt, and now you found a way to [filtered] that up too by gimping my playstyle and locking content behind months of geargrind and levelgrind.

Incredible. BHS does it again! wonder how many players _this _ patch will lose them. Seems like every time they force an update nobody wants, an even bigger chunk of the game's community leaves than before. Now not only are they forcing current players out, they're pushing returning players away. A new gearing system akin to BDO's breakage/repair system, are you people on drugs? Nobody likes that. People quit bdo over that. Why are you copying a game that has been a massive disappointment? You don't have the audience for that, lmao. At least when bdo loses 1000 players, next month it gains like 900. You don't even have that many people on steam. It's so vexing, oh my god, well whatever enjoy your game until bhs takes yet another hatchet to it. [filtered] me, every time I check on this game it's just worse news every time.

• CandiesCandies
    edited August 21

Really, I leave BDO because of the downgrade/durability loss on enchantment crap and now they're thinking about implementing it in TERA?

• ElyannElyann ✭✭✭

I honestly don't get the reason of every single decision of this game's developers.

I've been playing Tera since 2012 , I saw it become a wonderful gem of a game and then slowly but steadily fall into the abyss of oblivion due to BHS awful and greed dictated management decisions and to the inability of Tera's publishers to actually oppose themselves to the developing company.

Tera is now almost a dead game , the skeleton of what it once used to be , mayhap not even that.
    The game's downfall started as soon as +15 was introduced , it got worse due to the poor coding , an increasing lack of balance , the abandoment of alliance content , the lack of care towards pvp , the gender and race locking of certain classes , the extremely slow pace at which pve content got released , the lack of relevance of all the previous content and regions , the complete and utter mess the story had turned into , the always increasing grind that came with additional gear pieces to farm for ( belt and innerwear at first , brooches , circlets , masks and which keeps increasing up to this day ) , the broken economy that never got fixed , the fact no relevant expansions or content wanted by players ( such as a housing system or a guild houses system ) were ever implemented or if they were said content happened to get scrapped within a couple of patches , the broken crafting system ( which went from being completely unnecessary to needed to enchant your gear and which still does not allow one person to be able to craft all of the materials needed to enchant their own gear unless they have multiple alts all specialized in the various crafting fields ) , the unnecessary pre-awakening healing nerf ( which only made the game be harder on new healer players ) , the dps centered quests and events ( dreamstorm , the awakening quest , guardians , ecc... ) , the implementation of talents ( and thus more grind ) to fix some issues with classes that should have just been fixed via normal changes to their skills themselves or to their glyphs , the introduction of a new awfully grindy and BnS-like enchanting system ( which was supposed to replace the awfully grindy and rng based +15 system and bring back balance to the game and which instead only just gave it a final blow by adding more grind , more costs , disparity and elitism ) , the introduction of cash shop's infamous rng boxes , the introduction of a new terrible BDO-like leveling system from 65 to 70 , ecc .

I could seriously go on for days and write an entire essay about Tera's issues , careful , this isn't an attack , I'm merely pointing out a few of the game's problems for the devs to work on ( even though I've already lost my hopes many years ago ) .

What the game needs right now is less grind , less rng , more balancement between classes , more frequent content updates , it needs some expansions like the 65 one happened to be back in the days , its code needs to be re-written or fixed in any case , it needs to dedicate both pvp and pve more attention ( dungeons need to come out more frequently as already said , pvp gear must be acquired via battlegrounds or via a new "alliance" like content which this time is going to be updated regularly ) , it needs to make some classes be available to all races and genders ( altough this is honestly not even a priority ) , it needs to have something similar to FFXIV's "roulettes" ( aka veteran players will be able to queue for lower level instances , having their gear and level be sync'd and still be able to get rewarded for this...aiding new players in the process ) and to their FATE system ( open world quests spawning at certain intervals...much like guardian quests but available for all level ranges , level and gear get sync'd once more , new players earn exp , veterans earn other kinds of rewards ) , the story needs to be restructured ( altough this isn't an immediate priority ) , there need to be no more new gear slots to fill ( LESS grind ) , there needs to be more content that would actually make the playerbase enjoy the game ( housing is but an example , your fantasy is the limit for this category ) , crafting and gathering need to be useful but not strictly necessary , quests need to be catered to all kinds of roles , talents need to be removed in favour of permanent changes to the various classes' skills , the enchanting system must go back to what +1 -> +12 used to be while keeping the improvements made to rerolling , rng boxes need to go in favour of simply slightly more expensive than normal dyeable outfits , the awfully grindy 65->70 grind needs to become what 60->65 used to be.
    The game also needs to become more alt friendly since it's by now impossible to be able to level , gear and get glyphs and talents for all of the classes in game.

Tera's players are leaving and they have been for a long time , it is imperative to bring them back to the game by giving them valid reasons to do so rather than continuing to look at how make more profit without caring of ethics .

The game does not need more BDO-like rng or grind , it will only just die faster if things such as gear durability is implemented.

• MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭

The new gear is for the rich if your not rich leave it alone simple all this fuss for what lv 68+ gear bhs don't care. the higher the level the harder the grind that the way it is. saw a guy with +10 gloves in that video its for the rich.

• MythologiqueMythologique ✭✭
    edited August 21

@Elyann said:
    it needs some expansions like the 65 one happened to be back in the days

This, this right here. I started mid-2015, and by mid-2016 I was already feeling like the game desperately needed a proper new expansion. They opened up all the right possible avenues for themselves to do it, but instead chose to drip feed disconnected but not insubstantial garbage into the game. BHS have pulled something like four or five different story arcs out of their asses and taken all of them nowhere - pretty much the one and only time they got it right was SSHM patch where they actually bothered to address the fate of Dakuryon and the game felt like it had an 'end boss' for once, then they of course decided to just remove the dungeon from the game after a couple patches and the story was back to being a series of weirdly stitched-together BS.

That's without even mentioning the mechanics of the game that have been altered over the years, the enchanting, awakening, class rebalances etc. Almost every time one of these major updates released, some aspect of the game became fundamentally broken and it wasn't until some time after that the changes started to make sense in a broader context - then of course BHS would come along and screw something else up. Now imagine if they'd just taken it somewhat slowly and worked hard on packaging all this together and marketing it appropriately - a new expansion featuring awakening parts 1 and 2, new enchanting system, new crafting and fishing, levels 65-70 and to top it off, something the players have always wanted: Baldera, a new questing zone for 65+ that explores the Red Raiders story arc (or insert flavour of the month story arc here).

Yes it would be hard for BHS to develop, publishers to market and players to adapt to, but at least there'd be some [filtered] point to it all. And an expansion to any game brings a hell of a lot of publicity - I feel like expansion hype alone brought ESO back from the brink of failure and pushed it to a decent success. No risk, no reward.

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 21

@Mythologique said:
    I started mid-2015, and by mid-2016 I was already feeling like the game desperately needed proper new expansion. They opened up all the right possible avenues for themselves to do it, but instead chose to drip feed disconnected but not insubstantial garbage into the game. BHS have pulled something like four or five different story arcs out of their asses and taken all of them nowhere - pretty much the one and only time they got it right was SSHM patch where they actually bothered to address the fate of Dakuryon and the game felt like it had an 'end boss' for once, then they of course decided to just remove the dungeon from the game after a couple patches and the story was back to being a series of weirdly stitched-together BS.
    That's without even mentioning the mechanics of the game that have been altered over the years, the enchanting, awakening, class rebalances etc. Almost every time one of these major updates released, some aspect of the game became fundamentally broken and it wasn't until some time after that the changes started to make sense in a broader context - then of course BHS would come along and screw something else up. Now imagine if they'd just taken it somewhat slowly and worked hard on packaging all this together and marketing it appropriately - a new expansion featuring awakening parts 1 and 2, new enchanting system, new crafting and fishing, levels 65-70 and to top it off, something the players have always wanted: Baldera, a new questing zone for 65+ that explores the Red Raiders story arc (or insert flavour of the month story arc here).

This is a point I'm surprised isn't brought up more: there's still a solid 25% of the world map - at least! - with nothing in it. The game's been around for over 7 years, how is there still a sizable of real estate that's just... empty?!

Instead we keep getting another "unlocked" class and more recolors of old skins. There's your content - now f--k off.

• sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭

@SageWindu said:

@Mythologique said:
    I started mid-2015, and by mid-2016 I was already feeling like the game desperately needed proper new expansion. They opened up all the right possible avenues for themselves to do it, but instead chose to drip feed disconnected but not insubstantial garbage into the game. BHS have pulled something like four or five different story arcs out of their asses and taken all of them nowhere - pretty much the one and only time they got it right was SSHM patch where they actually bothered to address the fate of Dakuryon and the game felt like it had an 'end boss' for once, then they of course decided to just remove the dungeon from the game after a couple patches and the story was back to being a series of weirdly stitched-together BS.

This is a point I'm surprised isn't brought up more: there's still a solid 25% of the world map - at least! - with nothing in it. The game's been around for over 7 years, how is there still a sizable of real estate that's just... empty?!

Instead we keep getting another "unlocked" class and more recolors of old skins. There's your content - now f--k off.

i think thats why they are going the routeof the wbams to use the open world asset but the thing is its stale content the way they are going about it. idm a open world bam that spawns lets say twice a week and it takes raids to take it down like triple threat in gw2 but then again tera is so poorly optimized your game would probably crash, but atleast give people worth while content to do. i really dont mind upping the amount of materials to enchant etc gear or retool like they days of needing 100 of each material but the problem is they feel the need to hike the gold cost ujp to ridiculous amounts while reducing your enchant rates to abysmal percentages. to me increase in farmable material from dungeons was the method of making gearing more worthwhile. but after bahaar and even before it as kylos is really similar to antaroth with some of his mechs the bosses are just boring, monotonous and unintuitive.

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Erazus said:
    > Amazing game! Definitely a fun feature! More people will want to play the game :D :D :D

Wow, so BHS brought back +15 but also the rollback penalty.

Suddenly don't feel bad for going to other games...
  • ErazusErazus ✭✭

@SageWindu said:
    Wow, so BHS brought back +15 but also the rollback penalty.

Suddenly don't feel bad for going to other games...

FROM +9!!! Imagine how insanely RNG it would be to get +15, You have chance to go down from +9 to +15! 6 enchantments chance to go down, lmao, ridiculous.