Fashion coupon update

2

Comments

  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭

    There is a Hauberk called Palescale Hauberk, which shares the same exact model with the Radiant Hauberk. The difference is, the Radiant one is exponentially more expensive, sitting at 2k Coupons, while the Palescale is sitting at 400 coupons. The palescale has blue name, while Radiant has gold name.

  • edited August 23

    @Zoknahal said:
    There is a Hauberk called Palescale Hauberk, which shares the same exact model with the Radiant Hauberk. The difference is, the Radiant one is exponentially more expensive, sitting at 2k Coupons, while the Palescale is sitting at 400 coupons. The palescale has blue name, while Radiant has gold name.

    I think you mean the Vibrant Hauberk (this is the 2000 coupon one). The reason is because it said (and what I remembered from the original fashion coupon event years ago) that this was a special version of the costume optimized for more vibrant dyeing. But because we couldn't test it in-game (unfortunately no test server yet), we just had to roll with the assumption that was in-fact the case. That being said, the Palescale Hauberk has a tooltip with the tagline "Fashion to dye for" so it might be possible that they both are the same dye-friendly version after all.

    One other difference between the two is that the Vibrant Hauberk supports Gunner where the Palescale one does not. So if it turns out they're both the same after all other than this, maybe the ideal would be to replace the Palescale with the Vibrant one (and consider if it's possible to change the price). (The 2000 coupon price is actually the same as the price from that original fashion coupon event many, many years ago, so that's where it comes from.)

    (I'm guessing the same might occur between Palescale and Vibrant for cloth and leather too, whatever the case may be. It does also seem like, in each case, the Vibrant version at least adds one new class to the outfit.)

  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭

    @counterpoint

    Here are some of the weapon skins that were requested years ago, even before the Fashion Coupons were released



    From the top, the first one i believe used to be called "Vallona Set" inspired by Yana in Timescape.
    The 2nd one was inspired by the last boss of Rift Edge, i dont remember its name.
    The 3rd one i really do not know where it got its inspiration.
    The 4th one was released when Shadow Sanguinary HM was the highest end game dungeon, it was called Imperator.

    There are a lot more weapon skins in game, far too many to list to be honest, but each one, while sharing the same model, has some kind of difference in between, like the design on the shield (for lancers) or the coloring.

  • @Zoknahal said:
    Here are some of the weapon skins that were requested years ago, even before the Fashion Coupons were released [...] There are a lot more weapon skins in game, far too many to list to be honest, but each one, while sharing the same model, has some kind of difference in between, like the design on the shield (for lancers) or the coloring.

    Yeah, unfortunately, things like that would have to be done by BHS as they just aren't in the game at the moment as a weapon skin item. So I totally get what you're asking for... but if BHS never made a weapon skin for it and no other region has it, it's probably not in the cards.

  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭

    @counterpoint said:

    @Zoknahal said:
    Here are some of the weapon skins that were requested years ago, even before the Fashion Coupons were released [...] There are a lot more weapon skins in game, far too many to list to be honest, but each one, while sharing the same model, has some kind of difference in between, like the design on the shield (for lancers) or the coloring.

    Yeah, unfortunately, things like that would have to be done by BHS as they just aren't in the game at the moment as a weapon skin item. So I totally get what you're asking for... but if BHS never made a weapon skin for it and no other region has it, it's probably not in the cards.

    The last one, the Imperator one, it was added to the game already like i said, so i do not see why this one did not made the cut, but we do have Visionmaker and Nightforge, even the Regent one that was recently added.

  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Zoknahal said:

    The Imperator axe seems to share the same base model as the rogue/shadowlaced axe.

  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

    They add a bunch of new weapon skins to the FC shop, so in response, someone posts a bunch more weapon skins for them to add. Maybe in a couple years? Wouldn't hold your breath tbh.

  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Christin said:
    They add a bunch of new weapon skins to the FC shop, so in response, someone posts a bunch more weapon skins for them to add.

    Erm... perhaps that's because some people noticed there's still a bunch of stuff missing?

  • edited August 27

    @SageWindu said:

    @Christin said:
    They add a bunch of new weapon skins to the FC shop, so in response, someone posts a bunch more weapon skins for them to add.

    Erm... perhaps that's because some people noticed there's still a bunch of stuff missing?

    There are in-game weapon models that simply don't have a version that works in the costuming tab (a "style weapon"). The objective in the update was to get all the "style weapons" that existed in the files currently, and I believe we found all that we could... but yeah, things like this would require BHS to create new items. It'd be nice if they created a "style weapon" for every actual weapon model in the files, but yeah...

  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭

    @counterpoint said:

    @SageWindu said:

    @Christin said:
    They add a bunch of new weapon skins to the FC shop, so in response, someone posts a bunch more weapon skins for them to add.

    Erm... perhaps that's because some people noticed there's still a bunch of stuff missing?

    There are in-game weapon models that simply don't have a version that works in the costuming tab (a "style weapon"). The objective in the update was to get all the "style weapons" that existed in the files currently, and I believe we found all that we could... but yeah, things like this would require BHS to create new items. It'd be nice if they created a "style weapon" for every actual weapon model in the files, but yeah...

    But why create a new item, when it already exist? im not good at programing or 3d art, but i do not think it should take too long, to simply use the already existing files in the game, which are already modeled and textured properly.

    If the Fashion Coupons are to be as good as the old Remodeling System, then this much should be a must.

  • So, for some of the Valkyrie costumes added to the shop they have metal parts on their gloves that are the main outfit color rather than the metal color on other parts (the top or boots.) Is this supposed to be this way, because it seems like an art bug?

    Also, did the recent fix/workaround for the exploit just yeet all the Reaper specific costumes out of the shop or something?

  • edited August 27

    @Zoknahal said:

    @counterpoint said:

    @SageWindu said:

    @Christin said:
    They add a bunch of new weapon skins to the FC shop, so in response, someone posts a bunch more weapon skins for them to add.

    Erm... perhaps that's because some people noticed there's still a bunch of stuff missing?

    There are in-game weapon models that simply don't have a version that works in the costuming tab (a "style weapon"). The objective in the update was to get all the "style weapons" that existed in the files currently, and I believe we found all that we could... but yeah, things like this would require BHS to create new items. It'd be nice if they created a "style weapon" for every actual weapon model in the files, but yeah...

    But why create a new item, when it already exist? im not good at programing or 3d art, but i do not think it should take too long, to simply use the already existing files in the game, which are already modeled and textured properly.

    If the Fashion Coupons are to be as good as the old Remodeling System, then this much should be a must.

    A style weapon is technically a new item that is assigned to an existing in-game model and given certain properties (like a name and tooltip description, what classes/races/genders can equip it, whether it's bankable/tradable/dismantleable/sellable/etc.). It'd have to be tested to make sure the item works as it should and the name/tooltip would have to be translated/localized for all the markets that'd use it. Then each market would have to add the items to their own equivalent in-game fashion system (which is different for each publisher). So it's not like they have to create new art/models or something like that, but it is still some work that'd need to be done involving multiple people/teams.

    I'm not saying that it's so difficult or impossible, but everyone's already got their plates more than full, so in order for it to raise up the priority ladder you need a really convincing argument.

    @Erulogos said:
    So, for some of the Valkyrie costumes added to the shop they have metal parts on their gloves that are the main outfit color rather than the metal color on other parts (the top or boots.) Is this supposed to be this way, because it seems like an art bug?

    I guess the costume was designed like that on purpose? Most likely it is what it is because that's also how the item works elsewhere when it's available.

    Also, did the recent fix/workaround for the exploit just yeet all the Reaper specific costumes out of the shop or something?

    Yes, all the Reaper outfits and permanent weapon skins had to be removed, at least for now. Hopefully there's a way to bring them back...

  • @counterpoint said:

    @Erulogos said:
    So, for some of the Valkyrie costumes added to the shop they have metal parts on their gloves that are the main outfit color rather than the metal color on other parts (the top or boots.) Is this supposed to be this way, because it seems like an art bug?

    I guess the costume was designed like that on purpose? Most likely it is what it is because that's also how the item works elsewhere when it's available.

    I suppose that's possible. For comparison, a costume for Valkyrie that has metal looking metal bits on the gloves:

    And one with... painted I guess? metal glove bits:

    Could be on purposes, but it looks like an odd choice to me if so.

    Also, did the recent fix/workaround for the exploit just yeet all the Reaper specific costumes out of the shop or something?

    Yes, all the Reaper outfits and permanent weapon skins had to be removed, at least for now. Hopefully there's a way to bring them back...

    I hope so too. Most of them were in there for a bit without apparent issue, so with luck they're victims of a side effect that can be corrected rather than inherently broken in some way.

  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

    @SageWindu said:

    @Christin said:
    They add a bunch of new weapon skins to the FC shop, so in response, someone posts a bunch more weapon skins for them to add.

    Erm... perhaps that's because some people noticed there's still a bunch of stuff missing?

    Only missing if someone said it was going to be added, and it wasn't. I highly doubt that is the case in this situation. Talk about entitlements.

  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Christin said:
    > (Quote)
    > Only missing if someone said it was going to be added, and it wasn't. I highly doubt that is the case in this situation. Talk about entitlements.

    Wanting a complete package qualifies as "entitlements" now? That's news to me.
Sign In or Register to comment.