Tera server Down 8h20PM - PC

Comments

• @TheJimbo said:
    Well "GOOD" game companies TEST there new content on NON-LIVE servers BEFORE adding to LIVE versions. That way they KNOW shlt will work when they add it. IJS

Honestly, the whole issue is that it's a problem that could not be reproduced on test servers at all. As Rox explained in Discord:

Honestly, this issue was unforseen. Bluehole is working on a resolution for it, which should only affect PvE (hence why we could open PvP early).
    I understand the frustrations, but we are still working on this over here, so not much to say at this time on PvE status
    Likely this has occurred due to PvE having higher cumulative population (number of created characters/accounts).

No matter how much you test things, some problems will only ever happen on live servers. It's the unfortunate reality of software like this. :/

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

So what exactly is supposed to be happening with this update? I thought it was just a minor update and routine maintenance. From the news, it didn't seem like there was going to be anything major changed.

I don't care how long it takes as long as our accounts/characters and banks don't get messed up.

• edited September 10

@Christin said:
    So what exactly is supposed to be happening with this update? I thought it was just a minor update and routine maintenance. From the news, it didn't seem like there was going to be anything major changed.

I don't care how long it takes as long as our accounts/characters and banks don't get messed up.

Someone asked this in Discord too, and Rox said:

It was, that's why it caught us off guard (and bluehole too) to be honest

Unexpected failures when doing routine tasks that only affects one production server due to unique server-specific conditions... fun times...

• your missing the point
    (and yes...we had test servers ,wed pre test content for on Asherons call...mostly made up of us Guild leaders with large guilds

Every time they add in new coding ,any previous coding can cause issues
    and a lot of these issues dont manifest immediatelyy
    it can take a few steps along a line b4 the consequences show,and you cannot pre test ever possible combination of events EVERY update
    it would take weeks and weeks of pretesting each patch
    Something a FREE to PLAY game with zero ingame GMS/rule enforcement/patch testing ,never has

This sort of issue WILL ONLY ever get more and more noticeable,and take longer to fix
    GET used to it
    have stuff organised as a back up

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

@JDXY3KD65P said:
    Jeez i don't know what to say but if people cannot use patience then go do something else something like REAL LIFE lol The game will be back when it's back, not that we have any choice but to wait anyway. Power to all the Federation FOOLS!!!! ( sarcasm)

What is wrong with you man? As if I have a real life. I'm starting to shake and already got the sweats. Gotta keep repeating "9 to cast, F to reel in" so I don't forget seeing as it's been so long.

@counterpoint said:

@Christin said:

Someone asked this in Discord too, and Rox said:

It was, that's why it caught us off guard (and bluehole too) to be honest

Unexpected failures when doing routine tasks that only affects one production server due to unique server-specific conditions... fun times...

Surprise! Surprise! I have a feeling it's going to be a long day for them. Would be interesting to know what turned out to be the cause of the issue. It sucks, but I'd rather wait until the problem is fixed than have rollbacks and such.

They always give us good compensation, so lets all Netflix and chill. My kids say that is what the people like to do.

• well, if they manage to keep with the 2 additional hours that was recently posted for PVE, it should be up in about an hour. Obviously, could always take a bit longer, or a bit less. But at least they do have recent posts in the maint. updates.

• edited September 10

@J4M57397WA said:
    defend them all you want to this is what they have done time and time again break content get rid of it replace with what they put together long down times for simple up dates over and over and over again getting old fire them.

Honestly, you need to just calm down. As explained, this problem is neither simple nor routine, and firing anyone won't help at all. Just chill.

• 15 minutes till another hour is announced jk jk im sure it will be fine

• on site doesnt say velikas down anymore says under maint

• Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭

@J4M57397WA said:
    ok I wont be surprised when we get another hour added again or roll back and yes they did it that not long ago rolled the severs back due to their screw ups.

Of course they had to rollback. We ruined the economy.

• Towards the end of my 5 yrs on Asherons call,these issues could reguarly take over 24 hrs to resolve....the longest from mem ,was over 72 hrs downtime

To show how fickle code can be
    One of my guild members had the misfortune to NEVER get
    'Superior" type loot drops from any bosses/critters
    After a year of these we flagged it to the Devs....it took a DEV another 3 yrs of working thru all the code to find one little Error
    This became such a well known issue,that it coined a phrase ,which yrs later was still being used by the gaming community in other games,and even made it to PCGamer mag
    brain fog from my CFS ,nd i cant remeber the term ,go figure

so far ive walked my dogs twice x 1.5 miles or so
    Vaccumed right thru my double house
    Mowed the lawns and just finished lunch

nows a good time to restart the game :+1:

• i have seen nothing about a rollback