[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Cries in NA

2»

Comments

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

@Erazus said:

@SageWindu said:
    That happened JUST RECENTLY. Around this time last year, there were many, many people clamoring about the shortage of talents outside of grinding your socks off in IoD.

So what did EME do? They dropped a friggin' LOOTBOX in the store. This happened last year, well before any "OW boss" or caiman events, and people were NOT happy about that (I mean, to be fair, it might've been a coincidence, but the timing couldn't have been worse).

Well, the forums weren't happy. We all know what happened in the game proper. 😒

But the OW bosses event happened before this weeks strongbox jackpot? And the amount of talents you could get from that OW bosses event was literally 10x more and for free.

Like UsagiFF said, the only event you can claim they have more than us is the increased enchanting/upgrading rates.

Except I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about when the issue first arose about a year (and a half!) ago, which is what @MargaretRose and @voidy were referencing.

Here's a... "passionate" thread made about that a few weeks after the aforementioned lootbox dropped.

• edited September 10

@Aluh said:
    Someone requested a jackpot event this week before they announced and boom jackpot event, why not be the same with a leveling one.

The jackpot event was actually in the works for a while. This level event with the boss XP boost is running at least until the end of this patch, not just a week. There is still the regularly-cycling weekly events besides that, in addition to other events running (and more coming). So basically... right now there are a crapload of events.

• I can understand that, but why not make EXP and SP EXP together?

• dragonmu12dragonmu12 Israel ✭✭✭
    edited September 10

well i need to say we got some good stuff that Eu doesnt,
    1:The Skill advancement 2 50% boost for 2 weeks,we entering week 2 now so we got 1 more week
    2:The guardian legion event for scrolls(Skill optimization,skill advance) that will go untill 10/15 from what the calendar is saying.
    Good work eme i really liked that 2 events!.

but it will be lovely to get that enchanting event that Eu have so ppl can gear faster because we entering new gear system next patch so ppl need to be ready so they farm the new gear.

but anyway Thanks eme you finally going on the right way again!,hope to see more stuff coming!

• go play TERA EU .. ez .

• @dragonmu12 They already had that guardian event......
  • dragonmu12dragonmu12 Israel ✭✭✭
    edited September 11

@STALKERrules said:
    @dragonmu12 They already had that guardian event......

they had it for a weekend while we have it for 45 days.
    so for us its alot better to get scrolls,and eme did great job with that.

• Can someone please explain how this caiman event works, I've joined the lfg and all people seem to do is run around killing basaslisks? This will be much appreciated. Thanks
  • The caiman spawns from killing level 65 and up BAMs/monsters are not an event. It's simply part of the game, like the caiman from the life essence on IoD. You just kill the BAMs and each kill has a chance to spawn a caiman, and when you kill the caiman there's a chance for a portal to Azart Hatchery to spawn. So the raids/groups grinding BAMs are just grinding for caiman and portal spawns to get the xp and naga guard loot item

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

At least the thread title clearly describes this thread, so good job OP.

It's not that people can't pay, they just don't want to pay. So, instead, they'll gripe about the loot boxes even existing in the first place, because heaven forbid someone out there is actually interested in paying for something.

I see all of these posts complaining about this or that, but then what? So you event your way to level 70 in a day or two, and then what? So you get HO+3 gear and fully upgraded accessories, but then what?

If you all got to level 70 and enchanting gear was easy, you'd be right in here complaining about how easy everything is. There are so many level 70 players now with fully upgraded everything to make me think it's really not as tough as everyone says it is.

They've dumped loads of talents into the economy from lootbox and other events. If they want to offer up solutions for the people that simply want to pay cash for stuff, good for them. They aren't a charity, and it's not their responsibility to make everything easy for people that refuse to pay for anything. If you don't want to pay, you surely don't have to but expect to grind. Last I checked EME is not a non-profit, so expect to see more lootboxes and more ways for people to throw their cash at the game. This game isn't focused on PVP, so them paying to gear up shouldn't really affect anyone else.

• MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

@Christin said:
    At least the thread title clearly describes this thread, so good job OP.

It's not that people can't pay, they just don't want to pay. So, instead, they'll gripe about the loot boxes even existing in the first place, because heaven forbid someone out there is actually interested in paying for something.

I see all of these posts complaining about this or that, but then what? So you event your way to level 70 in a day or two, and then what? So you get HO+3 gear and fully upgraded accessories, but then what?

If you all got to level 70 and enchanting gear was easy, you'd be right in here complaining about how easy everything is. There are so many level 70 players now with fully upgraded everything to make me think it's really not as tough as everyone says it is.

They've dumped loads of talents into the economy from lootbox and other events. If they want to offer up solutions for the people that simply want to pay cash for stuff, good for them. They aren't a charity, and it's not their responsibility to make everything easy for people that refuse to pay for anything. If you don't want to pay, you surely don't have to but expect to grind. Last I checked EME is not a non-profit, so expect to see more lootboxes and more ways for people to throw their cash at the game. This game isn't focused on PVP, so them paying to gear up shouldn't really affect anyone else.

Shall we follow your own logic?
    Was not aware Gameforge was non-profit.

• CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair, caimans are really great for leveling with their current pacing because you can rack up a decent amount of skill points while you're at it, EU event left people with lvl 70's that barely had any skill points which is almost useless for mains etc.
    Everything else, yeah eme has been stingy af ever since gear revamp.

Also @Christin gameforge does both p2w and great events/normal ways of obtaining mats and balances them decently, even with all the events people in eu are whaling because the publisher is doing a decent job. It's all about balance. If people want to p2w their way to gear, sure, let them. If people want to freely grind for hours and hours on end by doing actual fun content, let them and give them options to do so. Really a hard concept for eme and their whiteknights it seems.

• To be honest, I don't know why Tera became the cheap copy of Black Desert, it's something that doesn't fit the style of this game, the caiman grinding is extremely boring and I don't say it because I talk about the grind, I say it Because this is something that is not going well for this game, this is like doing something unnecessarily difficult because they feel like it.

• @UsagiFF said:

@QueenNora said:
    To be honest, I don't know why Tera became the cheap copy of Black Desert, it's something that doesn't fit the style of this game, the caiman grinding is extremely boring and I don't say it because I talk about the grind, I say it Because this is something that is not going well for this game, this is like doing something unnecessarily difficult because they feel like it.

Why TERA became a cheap copy of BDO?

Just look at the changes in BHS. They changed their name to Krafton (Kakao's "K" in their name).

It is not wonder why they are making things way too similar to BDO and expect to have the feature "your gear may go poof after failure" in the near future.

LMAO, well honestly I haven't checked who the hell is leading this game hahaha but thanks for letting me know this information, now everything makes sense, no wonder why the grind with lvls - sp - ep, afk fishing, downgrade with repairable mechanic, "WB"...

• @QueenNora said:
    To be honest, I don't know why Tera became the cheap copy of Black Desert

I believe one of the lead designers/project managers (the one who normally posts on Inven) on the current TERA development team came from Pearl Abyss (the developers of BDO). And they probably came to Krafton/Bluehole originally via Ascent: Infinite Realm which as some folks know, Kakao Games "invested" in Bluehole back in 2014 (shortly after Kakao acquired Daum; Daum Games was going to publish BDO) in order to get the publishing rights to the game (what was simply known as Project W at the time) in KR, NA, and EU.

Some of the designs in A:IR have been shared with TERA (for better or worse); part of this is due to how the studio subsidiaries of Krafton are now able to share ideas and resources via the corporate renaming and reorg of the original Bluehole Alliance in to what is now known as the KRAFTON GAME UNION. So some of its fishing came from A:IR and if you played the Thai beta test earlier this year, you leveled to 30 via the usual story style quests and once you hit the main continent (where the two factions have their homes), you leveled to the soft cap (45) via World Quests and open world mob grinding in each zones respective "Pioneer aka Tobbal" Quests (there are other quest types like expedition and research quests that just play off of those themes; point is that there is no actual story questline past a certain point (I basically found the mob grind leveling mindnumbing after getting to 38 and stopped - but it did serve as a preview for what was coming in TERA for 65-70).

The green daily quests used for the level 65-69 dailies in TERA are sort of derived from that (though they are at least proceeded by a short bit of story quest (but nothing like a full expansion story line like how it was handled with Fate of Arun's 60-65 content).