Regarding the Terachic Store

2»

Comments

• edited October 2019

@Christin said:

@counterpoint said:

@TJKat said:

@counterpoint said:
    it doesn't say much that I'm doing better than a team that no longer exists.

On the contrary. I think it says a lot that they no longer have a community team, and have dumped all that on a volunteer.

Honestly, if they had to start over now, there probably wouldn't even be a forum anymore and they'd just direct everyone to Discord instead. Times have changed.

The forums comprise the majority of EME's Google presence, so not sure why they'd want to rely on Discord so much. New players are looking to Google to find information and updated guides.

Well, play guides notwithstanding (that you find more on fansites), they're putting more troubleshooting information (and some simpler guides) in their Knowledgebase now, so that way answers to common Google questions still get found. (For example, they have a guide to the companion system.) They have someone on staff now whose job (among other things) is maintaining this Knowledgebase for all EME games. Right now they still use the forums for patch notes and some news posts, but I think honestly this is mostly for convenience of editing. This could maybe be moved to the website proper or the Knowledgebase as well. Besides that, even without an official forum, places like Reddit continue to exist.

I'm not saying that they're going to get rid of the forum anytime soon, but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me if it eventually ended up there. A number of newer games simply don't have official publisher forums anymore. Forums (Reddit aside) are becoming relics of the past.

• MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

@counterpoint said:

@Christin said:

@counterpoint said:

@TJKat said:

@counterpoint said:

On the contrary. I think it says a lot that they no longer have a community team, and have dumped all that on a volunteer.

Honestly, if they had to start over now, there probably wouldn't even be a forum anymore and they'd just direct everyone to Discord instead. Times have changed.

The forums comprise the majority of EME's Google presence, so not sure why they'd want to rely on Discord so much. New players are looking to Google to find information and updated guides.

Well, play guides notwithstanding (that you find more on fansites), they're putting more troubleshooting information (and some simpler guides) in their Knowledgebase now, so that way answers to common Google questions still get found. (For example, they have a guide to the companion system.) They have someone on staff now whose job (among other things) is maintaining this Knowledgebase for all EME games. Right now they still use the forums for patch notes and some news posts, but I think honestly this is mostly for convenience of editing. This could maybe be moved to the website proper or the Knowledgebase as well. Besides that, even without an official forum, places like Reddit continue to exist.

I'm not saying that they're going to get rid of the forum anytime soon, but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me if it eventually ended up there. A number of newer games simply don't have official publisher forums anymore. Forums (Reddit aside) are becoming relics of the past.

As soon as yourself and @StarSprite stop posting/replying at the forums, might as well close it.

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

@counterpoint said:

@Christin said:

@counterpoint said:

@TJKat said:

@counterpoint said:

Who moderates reddit forums? Just wondering. Personally, I'm fine with moving to reddit but will post here for as long as I can.

• @Christin said:
    Who moderates reddit forums? Just wondering. Personally, I'm fine with moving to reddit but will post here for as long as I can.

There's a moderators section in the sidebar of the subreddit; basically, it's volunteers that have no association with any of the companies involved. (Then again, if that were the decision, it's possible that companies could create their own subreddit so they had some control over the moderation; EME did that once in the past too.) In any case, it's all hypothetical; for now I've not heard of any plans to change the status quo.