[PC] We are aware of issues surrounding the event EP booster, and are working to resolve this. Currently, we are working towards having this fixed on Tuesday, 02/25 in a hotfix maintenance. We will have further details as we approach this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Enchanting Event Discussion

Just wanted some clarification for tomorrow's enchanting event.

My understanding is that the bonus stops at +9 Stormcry so no extra chance for HO enchanting.

What about any level of accessories or belt though? My stuff is below the equivalent Stormcry level and has super low success rate but it seems like the event won't offer any bonuses. Am I reading wrong or is it actually the way it is?

Comments

• not sure for upgrading +9 SC to HO who knows it may work, but this event is only for gear which is more important than jewelry accessories.

• Is a Belt considered gear, or an accessory?

Also, 4x for Stormcry seems pretty huge :)
    Like i'm at 31% right now, this should put me in the 100% success range.

• StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    Some updates from Discord:
    Event goes up to converting sc to ho
    Accessories and belts are actually included
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

Hurry up though, cause they might end it early like they did on console players. That's gotta hurt.

• LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should have added the enchant bonus to pvp gear.
  • kori83kori83 ✭✭
    edited October 2019

yeah I'm gonna do it right when I get home. Sitting at SC +8 right now...

I saw that backtrack for Console - thought it was weird. It's almost like they DIDN'T want players to get better gear faster.

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

@kori83 said:
    yeah I'm gonna do it right when I get home. Sitting at SC +8 right now...

I saw that backtrack for Console - thought it was weird. It's almost like they DIDN'T want players to get better gear faster.

Just another slap in the face to get people to quit. Why else would they give out an event and then take a big part of it away early? Just sad really.

• MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭

I was happy for the event but lowering the material costs would have been super nice as well. At least I got my Item to 450 I suppose, but the amount of mats needed still makes me cringe a bit. Oh well, time to go farm more I suppose.

• kori83kori83 ✭✭
    edited October 2019

@Christin said:
    Just another slap in the face to get people to quit. Why else would they give out an event and then take a big part of it away early? Just sad really.

Totally agree.
    Give a teeny sample - then tempt people to the Cash shop to continue their addiction.

@MidokuPasta said:
    I was happy for the event but lowering the material costs would have been super nice as well. At least I got my Item to 450 I suppose, but the amount of mats needed still makes me cringe a bit. Oh well, time to go farm more I suppose.

I find the real bottleneck are gems. Prices for Diamonds have jumped. Worse, you can't even buy 1 or 2 anymore. If you can't afford 5 or more in one go, your SOL.

• MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭

@kori83 said:

@Christin said:

Totally agree.
    Give a teeny sample - then tempt people to the Cash shop to continue their addiction.

@MidokuPasta said:

I find the real bottleneck are gems. Prices for Diamonds have jumped. Worse, you can't even buy 1 or 2 anymore. If you can't afford 5 or more in one go, your SOL.

Yep the Gems are like...such a pain in the [filtered] I swear.

• LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

@kori83 said:

@Christin said:

Totally agree.

@MidokuPasta said:

Thanks for letting me know because I have been stashing my insane amount of gems before leaving to EU. Time to give them away to friends still playing.

• asianfarmerasianfarmer ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    [Velika]
    Do you wanna run GVN/AAN/GLSN daily during the enchant event?
    I found that I have enough plates and emeralds/diamonds, but seems like Item XP and non-tradeable dungeon mats are the obstacle : copper clasps, artisan tools, pansophic ash. Have already been using Metamorphic Emblems and guardian credits to trade for these mats and it isn’t enough!

My weekday dungeon timings: 730-1030pm GMT+8 (430-730am PDT).
    My weekend dungeon timings:
    Sat 9am-12am GMT+8 (Fri 6pm-Sat 9am PDT)
    Sun 9am-10pm GMT+8 (Sat 6pm-Sun 7am PDT)

DM me on discord if you wanna spam this 3 dungeons at said timings !
    Regret not running more dungeons when they had 2xVG rewards out for a few days!
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭

@donutsenpai said:
    Side qn: when exactly are the 2 timings per day that mystery merchant appears in HW or other cities? I rmb seeing someone post on this discord before timings for all the cities like Velika as well.

The starting point varies, so that will change after a server reboot, but right now it should follow the following pattern.

1:32 AM PDT: Starc in Velika
    1:37 AM PDT: Velika Mystery Merchant opens
    7:32 AM PDT: Starc in Kaiator
    7:37 AM PDT: Kaiator Mystery Merchants opens
    1:32 PM PDT: Starc in Allemantheia
    1:37 PM PDT Allemantheia Mystery Merchant opens
    7:32 PM PDT Starc in Highwatch
    7:37 PM PDT Highwatch Mystery Merchant opens

The sequence always loops Velika > Kaiator > Allemantheia > Highwatch and then back to the start in Velika. There are always six hours between Starc spawns. Starc always shows up five minutes before the mystery merchant opens up. Starc will do a red center screen announcement of the location. (Highwatch is listed as Val Oriyn. The red screen announcement should also be found on your System chat tab, if you've missed it. With timestamps enabled, you should also get the exact time even then.)

You'll need to find the new starting point in the rotation (which city, what time) after the next server reset. From there you'll know time and location for the rest of the day.

The area specific mystery merchants only announce within the area, so you'll need to be out there to get those (or have someone report it on global). The area MMs will be in semi-random places, so you'll need to check over the map. I have no idea on their timings.

• @Ellexem said:

@donutsenpai said:
    Side qn: when exactly are the 2 timings per day that mystery merchant appears in HW or other cities? I rmb seeing someone post on this discord before timings for all the cities like Velika as well.

The starting point varies, so that will change after a server reboot, but right now it should follow the following pattern.

1:32 AM PDT: Starc in Velika
    1:37 AM PDT: Velika Mystery Merchant opens
    7:32 AM PDT: Starc in Kaiator
    7:37 AM PDT: Kaiator Mystery Merchants opens
    1:32 PM PDT: Starc in Allemantheia
    1:37 PM PDT Allemantheia Mystery Merchant opens
    7:32 PM PDT Starc in Highwatch
    7:37 PM PDT Highwatch Mystery Merchant opens

Thank you for this!
    It needs to be Stickied!

• Archdevan Surfactant (Yellow Oil) seems to be a big obstacle to get for FM->SC people. Any best way to farm these consistently?
    Those 3 dungeons drop like 1-2 pieces at 3rd boss for 5-people, oh my gawd.
    I think an easier way is killing 10 BAMs repeatedly on IOD for random dropped mats and the Brilliant Enchanting Crate. But can only do that 16 times a day ?