are the gem/federation crates for event worth it?

or should i just save money for something else?

Comments

  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

    Ask yourself this question instead: do you want to pay literal real-life money for crafting mats/in-game gold?

  • BallistixzBallistixz ✭✭
    edited October 2019

    @SageWindu said:
    Ask yourself this question instead: do you want to pay literal real-life money for crafting mats/in-game gold?

    considering the massive gear mat wall im at right now despite this event, the 300k gold minimum for 20 bucks doesnt seem so bad. might end up doing it. Its either that or quit again because i dont have time to wait 40mins to an hour for a dungeon que to pop up just for 3k gold... Kinda starting to regret spending for elite simply because of dungeon times but i REALLY wanted to play the game again.

  • kori83kori83 ✭✭
    edited October 2019

    @Ballistixz said:

    @SageWindu said:
    Ask yourself this question instead: do you want to pay literal real-life money for crafting mats/in-game gold?

    considering the massive gear mat wall im at right now despite this event, the 300k gold minimum for 20 bucks doesnt seem so bad. might end up doing it. Its either that or quit again because i dont have time to wait 40mins to an hour for a dungeon que to pop up just for 3k gold... Kinda starting to regret spending for elite simply because of dungeon times but i REALLY wanted to play the game again.

    Considering the time you say you spend waiting, I'd say go for it.
    You sound like your on the verge of quitting in frustration again - and if spending some real-life cash can greatly improve your chances of upgrading something and make you happy (at least for a while) - it's probably worth it. Otherwise, you're looking at another long, drawn-out grind (by which time the Enchanting Event will be over, and the chances of success even gloomier).

    For once, the Tera store is actually selling something people need - directly (Gems/Plates). I applaud this simplicity.
    Not buy this costume and convert to gold on Broker blah blah,

  • Yeah, go for it. If it gives you satisfaction, by all means get them.

  • Since the enchanting event gives you 4x enchant rate, indirectly the real $ you spend is worth 4x what it would be without the enchanting event.

    So $20 USD will give you $80 USD worth of in-game materials (like plates, emeralds, diamonds) , which is valid for only this 2-weeks.

    Once the enchanting event is over, a big bulk of players who missed it or failed to upgrade all their desired gear will probably never enchant/upgrade again (not referring to easy FM->SC, referring to SC and up). And probably wait for new gear to be out to see if can be bought by gold, or farmed with their current gear/levels.

    I've been playing this game for just about 2-months now, and was mainly SC+0, and I almost gave up after making my weapon SC+5 (tried about 5-8 times i can't remember). Then when the enchant event hit, I started farming and dungeoning again, and now I am actually almost full HO+0 and Ethereal accessories. Have to be quite grateful for the enchanting event.
    Of course I'm anticipating that they need us to be L68 and a certain ilvl just to start grinding all over again for the new gear with Physical and Magical amplifier stats.
    So yes, since the original game is Korean (KTERA), be prepared to permanently grind it out ! I'm Asian so this is like 2nd nature to me :)

  • BallistixzBallistixz ✭✭
    edited October 2019

    well i bought the 2200 bundle for the gem crates, but NOW the [filtered] things arnt even in the store anymore!!! what happened? they are suppose to be there till the 15th. I wanted to try and get atleast full SC+0 before this event was over.

  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Ballistixz said:
    well i bought the 2200 bundle for the gem crates, but NOW the [filtered] things arnt even in the store anymore!!! what happened? they are suppose to be there till the 15th. I wanted to try and get atleast full SC+0 before this event was over.

    Well, that's what happens when you support a crap company.
    Wonder if that'll be censored.

    At any rate, recommend you contact support.
    Tera support staff is actually quite good from experience.
    Might be able to receive a reimburse.

  • @Ballistixz said:
    well i bought the 2200 bundle for the gem crates, but NOW the [filtered] things arnt even in the store anymore!!! what happened? they are suppose to be there till the 15th. I wanted to try and get atleast full SC+0 before this event was over.

    FWIW, they do seem to still be there at the moment:

    https://store.enmasse.com/tera/item/lustrousfedcrate/lustrous-federation-crate
    https://store.enmasse.com/tera/item/ksneknign84n/federation-gem-crate

    Is there somewhere where they aren't showing up?

Sign In or Register to comment.