[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

New Fishing Achievements

Seriously? We're expected to start crafting a new rod if we'd like to have those?

Comments

• EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭

You need at least two more rods if you want to get the cards too, since 12 of those are from Grade 0-4 fish.

Crafting just a second one is slightly ill-advised if you ever want to be ready to grab the achievements on an alt as well, instead getting a set ready you can just use to get the achievements seems the more forward looking choice.

Three extra rods would cover it all, in addition to a single VIII:
    Grade 0-2: The starter rod (free from quest or ~11 gold from the merchant)
    Grade 3-5: Tier III rod
    Grade 6-8: Tier VI rod

The III is just 1,210 tokens, which should not take too long if someone already has a Tier VIII already, and even at lower tiers that's not too much time invested.
    The VI is more of a pain, but that's likely the stopping point for people anyway (so they aren't getting all achievements as is), or they'll not balk too much at the 22,210 tokens and assorted gems after taking a rod to Tier VIII.

If you're only going to try to hunt for the card fragments, then a single II in addition to the starter, so 210 tokens invested, shouldn't be much really.

Now, just to be clear, I'm not a fan of this design approach at all, and people really shouldn't need to do the above. Doing something like adding a temporary buff or something you can toggle on like bait to set the grade of fish you get, or even just outright special bait that overrides the grade, would be much better. (Though likely to introduce some confusion as well, for new people, but you have to make a trade-off somewhere. -- Not that people seem likely to read descriptions, so they'd likely complain about the item not working when they don't actually have the right rod... anyway, enough of that.)

• MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

Guess I should be thankful they ruined that too.
    Gives myself less reasons to login.

• Anyone who levels new alts and plans to do the lvl 65 fishing quests on them probably already has all three rods, like I do. The prerequisite for at least a couple of the NPCs requires you to fish some low grade fish. So, it's handy to keep the lower level rods, plus you get an achievement for making the three different kinds.

• If you really want a fishing game where you need to have several fishing rod and bait.
    This one looks nicer. =)=)=)=)=)=)

• Or just try being some one who fishes in real life... i have 6 rods, 1000s of flies and few reels... Then i have my kids gear.... now just a few more digital rods to add to the collection lol. Fact is having different (weight) rods is normal in the fishing world in any type of fishing. So you could just say Tera is staying true..... or not up to you really.

• I was using my Ash V and got a Squid Fragment... So I don't believe you have to use the lower tier rods for them. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe not. I've only gotten one card so not much to go on. :)

• EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭

@7JP7HXR573 said:
    I was using my Ash V and got a Squid Fragment... So I don't believe you have to use the lower tier rods for them. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe not. I've only gotten one card so not much to go on. :)

On the one hand side, great, I'm happy to be wrong about that and thank you for the correction.

On the other hand side, all my hate for the... "sparse" descriptions on the cards in the acquisition and effect parts.

• kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭

@7JP7HXR573 said:
    I was using my Ash V and got a Squid Fragment... So I don't believe you have to use the lower tier rods for them. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe not. I've only gotten one card so not much to go on. :)

This is true; I've gotten a few of the "stone moroko" cards while using a t8 rod so you definitely can just get any card possible at each fishery at any tier rod. Unfortunately it does seem like to get the lower fish achievements you need lower tier rods

• @kamizuma said:

@7JP7HXR573 said:

This is true; I've gotten a few of the "stone moroko" cards while using a t8 rod so you definitely can just get any card possible at each fishery at any tier rod. Unfortunately it does seem like to get the lower fish achievements you need lower tier rods

Glad to see someone else helping back my claim but I also brought this as more solid proof since it just happened. :)
    https://i.imgur.com/jrSKozh.png

• LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if there’s a fishing guide for the new fishing areas what new fish can be caught and what tier ?
  • I haven't seen any new guide but any fish mongrel will tell you the new fish, where to get it, and what tier it is.

• So you can only hold 60 of the new bait right on Exodor fisheries?

Someone told me you could put extra stacks of it in your Pet "special storage", and have your pet out.
    That way you could fish more than 60 fishes...perhaps 80 or more.

• LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @RonLaw said:
    > I haven't seen any new guide but any fish mongrel will tell you the new fish, where to get it, and what tier it is.

Fish mongers only show the fish of the day, not all of the catchable fish at once.
  • I just opened the dailies needed to earn tokens to buy the bait last night. But I did test fishing in Exodor with popo bait at the Predator Territory fishing spot, and it worked, I fished two BaFs and a tier 9 fish.