[TERA Console] We will be entering into maintenance on 04/01 at 8:00 AM PDT, and have an expected downtime of 1 hour. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

[TERA PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 04/01 at 9:00 AM PDT, and have an expected downtime of 1 hour. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Problem with new launcher

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime error!

Program: c:\user...

R6016

• not enough space for thread data"

Happens first thing when starting it up. Did they break patching on the old launcher already or can I downgrade that to a working version until I get this figured out?

Comments

• I get the feeling there are a bunch of people not playing Tera tonight because of this launcher business. =/

• TsukasaKunTsukasaKun ✭✭
    edited October 2019

Was there a patch today other than forcing the new launcher on everyone?

Edit: Seems so, which means the old 2.x launcher no longer updates the game. That's just perfect. Old launcher doesn't patch and the new launcher doesn't start. Tried it in a VM via VirtualBox (figured why not) and it refuses to scan my install in order to patch (gets to 0.02% and stalls). Soooo... hmm.

• @TsukasaKun said:

Tried it in a VM via VirtualBox (figured why not) and it refuses to scan my install in order to patch (gets to 0.02% and stalls). Soooo... hmm.

For this one, be sure to select the client sub-folder, and not the TERA install folder itself (where the launcher was). Then it should scan the existing install.

• @counterpoint said:

@TsukasaKun said:

Tried it in a VM via VirtualBox (figured why not) and it refuses to scan my install in order to patch (gets to 0.02% and stalls). Soooo... hmm.

For this one, be sure to select the client sub-folder, and not the TERA install folder itself (where the launcher was). Then it should scan the existing install.

Yeah that's what I did. It brings up the "Update" button, but it stalls at 0.02% with no network or disk activity. Could be something to do with it being a mapped network drive (VirtualBox Shared Folder).. some things seem to just not like accessing those.

• @TsukasaKun said:

@counterpoint said:

@TsukasaKun said:

Yeah that's what I did. It brings up the "Update" button, but it stalls at 0.02% with no network or disk activity. Could be something to do with it being a mapped network drive (VirtualBox Shared Folder).. some things seem to just not like accessing those.

I heard someone else say today that it sat there for a while at 0.02% and then eventually moved on, so perhaps try waiting for a bit to see.

• @counterpoint said:

@TsukasaKun said:

@counterpoint said:

@TsukasaKun said:

I heard someone else say today that it sat there for a while at 0.02% and then eventually moved on, so perhaps try waiting for a bit to see.

I'll try that next. Also had the idea of installing via Steam and letting Steam keep the game up-to-date while using the 2.x launcher to run it, assuming the version of the new launcher Steam downloads doesn't have the same crashing issue. So I have Steam downloading the whole game again to test (can kludge it the two together later to remove having two copies of the game) and hopefully it works.