mobs not counting...

Anyone else having mob and bam problems in the archipelago in which the kills don't count?? I kill 5 and sometimes only 1 counts...sometimes none. This has actually been happening since the new quests from 65 to 66 in Tralion. Is this on purpose or am I like shadow banned or something?

Comments

• Read what the quest is asking you to do? Is it actually saying kill X amount of mobs or collect an item from them? Like say the Fennic Fur. That would be why you don't see updates for every kill, because the collect items are random.

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

@Concepcion30 said:
    Read what the quest is asking you to do? Is it actually saying kill X amount of mobs or collect an item from them? Like say the Fennic Fur. That would be why you don't see updates for every kill, because the collect items are random.

I also speak from experience that what @vinstografer is describing is something that occurs with some quests. For some reason, the game sometimes won't count all kills toward its objective, and it gets worse when you get to Exodor, coupled with some enemies having similar appearances but different names.

As for why it happens, that could be anyone's guess.

• TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭

This has been an issue for years, but I think it's become more noticeable on Exodor because the mobs are so much tougher than the ones quests normally ask us to kill way too many of. I'm wondering if it has something to do with killing multiple mobs at the same time and the game misses counting some of them? That seems to be when I notice it happens the most.

And yes, the "get item X by killing mob Y" quests are the worst. They should be turning to drop rate on those up to 100%. Whether it be some tough-as-nails mob you have to kill one at a time, or something so weak it can't even hurt you, having to kill 2, 3, 4, 8 mobs to get one of the item you need to drop is not a good gameplay experience.

• it should count. There are name variants in mobs that look the same.
    Exodor Fennec
    Exodor Fennec Vixen
    etc
    Just make sure you read the quest and on the tracker before you start, that way stuff you need to kill has green "!" next to their name.
    Then track how many you need to kill.

Also some orange "?" or "!" quests are a one-time only quest which needs an RNG drop from the mobs.
    So you may need to kill 4 mob/BAM to get 1 item only, and you need 8 items so kill them like 32+ times.

• VenpaiVenpai ✭✭✭

@vinstografer said:
    Anyone else having mob and bam problems in the archipelago in which the kills don't count?? I kill 5 and sometimes only 1 counts...sometimes none. This has actually been happening since the new quests from 65 to 66 in Tralion. Is this on purpose or am I like shadow banned or something?

are you in a party? cause it seems to not count mobs like that for me when i'm in a party the most often. otherwise, this has been an ongoing prrrroblem? for years now.

• @Concepcion30 said:
    Read what the quest is asking you to do? Is it actually saying kill X amount of mobs or collect an item from them? Like say the Fennic Fur. That would be why you don't see updates for every kill, because the collect items are random.

these are quests that don't actually drop anything so it shouldn't be doing that. it isn't like the monkey fur on bastion. I reported it and they are looking into it because it shouldn't be happening. Either way, I finally finished that quest.

are you in a party? cause it seems to not count mobs like that for me when i'm in a party the most often. otherwise, this has been an ongoing prrrroblem? for years now.

I was not in a party...that which you explain definitely happens in IoD with the bams...it instead deals them out equally between the number in the party. haha so annoying unless top gear and full enchant to destroy easily.

@asianfarmer said:
    it should count. There are name variants in mobs that look the same.
    Exodor Fennec
    Exodor Fennec Vixen
    etc
    Just make sure you read the quest and on the tracker before you start, that way stuff you need to kill has green "!" next to their name.
    Then track how many you need to kill.

Also some orange "?" or "!" quests are a one-time only quest which needs an RNG drop from the mobs.
    So you may need to kill 4 mob/BAM to get 1 item only, and you need 8 items so kill them like 32+ times.

well, these definitely had the correct name and correct icon next to their name.

Thanks for the responses erbody!