Improve base enchant for SC full exp and Entropy

Entropy to Ethereal gains 1 power/2 crit per upgrade but can be very expensive. I understand Ethereal was BiS for a moment so it made sense to make that "little bit extra" cost a lot, but for us plebs who are just getting into PvE/serious grind it costs a lot for hardly anything. Stormcry is also rather difficult.
Personally the enchant event was a catastrophe. For starters I didn't see it mentioned anywhere that the upgrade to Ethereal was boosted so I was left scrambling for item exp and resources once I figured it out 36 hours before the event ended. Furthermore, the day before the event I failed stormcry +1 3x with full exp on my Slayer alt.
In my opinion the full experience base enchant for Stormcry and Entropy should be boosted by 10-20%. There needs to be a shortening of the "island phase" that I seem to be perpetually haunted by, where a majority of the playerbase has BiS but I still have a monumental grind ahead of me: this even when I have been trying for as long or longer.

The hatred the playerbase has projected towards me has inspired self hatred and overall diminished my spirit greatly. It is only worse that I seem to be staring up a cliff with good gear at the top, that I must scale free solo, while the players who have already reached the top were given a ladder from the beginning, a ladder that eventually got upgraded into a staircase.
The overall attitude seems to be that because the RNG worked for the people who first got BiS, it ought to work for everyone else who follows. I reject this idea because we haven't got the same resources or motivation. We're playing catch-up, even when we reach the summit we will be getting their late, which means that our enjoyment of our gear will likely be cut short by the next patch where the grind will pick up again.
And ofc the economy is probably suffering from hyperinflation given the fishing exploits that were recently patched. Even if as few as 5x people were doing it to the same degree as the one person I cornered on globals, there's 150m of gp that just got tossed into the game through a minigame. I didn't see any of it. It went to the people who play the broker and who enjoy the moneymaking aspect of the game.

Comments

• I just had lunch with my adopted mother and returning to the topic I would suggest an item claim item that gives 10-20% boost for stormcry/entropy distributed every 3-4 months so people returning to the game in order to revisit fond memories aren't sorely disappointed. this would also make people commit to one character which is good for retaining interest over the long run. while alts are great for giving the illusion of a population, it takes a player to dedicate time on one character to pave the way for future fun (and any subsequent alts)

• I also bet it would be easier to negotiate with K/Blueholes the addition of a new item give a slight boost to one toon instead of a completely raising the enchant floor to the point where it ruins balance.
    You could even write a letter to players with the item boost telling how they should use it wisely and how much you appreciate their presence ingame.

• kori83kori83 ✭✭
    edited October 2019

Given that the Enchanting Event just ended, no changes to %success for upgrading is going to happen for months.

You're better off pushing to 68 (assuming you can find the motivation - I for one, can't) and getting the new Uncommon/Rare gear...
    Let's face it, Stormcry and HO will be eventually phased out (ie. left behind to rot. )
    That's the whole intention of this patch

• MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

@kori83 said:
    Given that the Enchanting Event just ended, no changes to %success for upgrading is going to happen for months.

You're better off pushing to 68 (assuming you can find the motivation - I for one, can't) and getting the new Uncommon/Rare gear...
    Let's face it, Stormcry and HO will be eventually phased out (ie. left behind to rot. )

Just have to fish your soul away to 68.

• @kori83 said:

One thing is clear is the game developers intention of getting rid of armor crystals, Seeing people with the new gear on with no crystals is so strange, but apparently the wave of the future!

• @MargaretRose said:
    Just have to fish your soul away to 68.

Lol, I logged in this weekend to do some of that. Just for the cash though, and to hang out with the guild.
    I don't want to hit 68, and I'd gladly take a - exp scroll from the merchant for that purpose (should such a thing exist)

• Maldicion159Maldicion159 ✭✭
    edited October 2019

@kori83 said:

That'd be really sad. I was hoping that they would be merged in the future.
    If the retool of heroic oath is unnecessary didn't they kind of pull a kind of prank on a lot of the playerbase who worked really hard to earn it?

I thought this new gear was supposed be kind of ez to get the base enchant started on to make it accessible to new/returning players and progressively harder as you approach +15. kinda like how things used to be. and then at the same time, the system of each set leading into the next would come around in another patch next year and there would be some kind of combination deal.

If they're just ditching the present system in favor of a dumbed down version of the old one with less RNG, that is also obfuscated that's really really poor executive decision making.

the present system is mad decent. item experience is a little bit silly of an idea, but then again so is ilvl. I get that's a sort of meta lvl for your character and it stays out of the way mostly.