Get rid of RNG, if u want money make the game sub to play.

Comments

• edited October 2019

Well, the problem isn't RNG exactly -- even "sub-to-play" games have RNG (whether it's having the right gear drop, or rolling on that gear against others in your party, or whatever). It's that when progression is bound exclusively to RNG, and the grind for each attempt is excessively punishing/unreasonable, and the only alternative presented is buying more materials via the cash shop (via more RNG)... all that in combination (plus lack of a clear failure cap) is what makes it unreasonable. It undermines any sense of progression through gameplay, particularly when you also know that, at any time, they can just introduce yet another new tier (with one already announced and pending release) that'll restart the whole cycle again. In essence, the effort is not worth the reward.

They already went down the sub-to-play road at the start and failed, so nearly impossible they'd go back there, but I don't believe this is the right answer either. They need a better balance. Clearly, this isn't it.

• I agree @counterpoint I really hope BHS will adjust the feedstock and gear rates in the future if possible. I love the idea of leveling up my alts gear, but I hate the idea of endless grind for said alts

• I think to be economical you would put L68 green gears on alts and not enchant them?
    Green is probably way better than FM+4.
    Blue+0 is better than SC+4 probably, but would you spend 200K gold on blue gears on a L68 alt, or sell the blue gears right now.

• one week of the new update and only complain...

• MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

@fromsector7 said:
    one week of the new update and only complain...

My my, please share the highlights of the update.

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭

sorry it is a bit late for that and they tried in the past and failed

and i never see f2p go to sub, it is just a [filtered] strategy

and tera go to its 10th anniversary, so asking sub in very competitive online gaming environment like fortnite or destiny 2, both are f2p, is not good idea

• Konatta98Konatta98 ✭✭
    edited October 2019

36 fs later. Still fail con 0 to +1 blue boots. Great patch.

• all mmorpg have the same error.
    RNG on equipment to make people play longer and end up spending money on equipment.

• JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭

@39HATFDXLY said:
    I agree @counterpoint I really hope BHS will adjust the feedstock and gear rates in the future if possible. I love the idea of leveling up my alts gear, but I hate the idea of endless grind for said alts

I actually agree as well - The biggest problem I ever had with Tera that overshadowed everything else, was the progression system. Having it built entirely around RNG completely undermines and belittles the tens of hundreds of hours players put into getting the material needed to progress. This has been and unless changed, will always be the one thing that stops me from really getting back into this game and being comfortable spending money on it. I can deal with frame rate issues, I can deal with ping spikes, or any of the other myriad technical issues as long as the game is both fun (which it absolutely is) and I know my time is being respected.

Having a system that lets you spend weeks grinding for gold and materials, only to have it amount to literally nothing because of bad RNG is the quintessential example of a system that doesn't respect players' time.

I would have no problem with a system that asks for two or three times as much materials/gold per upgrade as long as I knew that once I got my gear's XP to 100%, that it was a guaranteed upgrade when I pressed the button. I could easily see me back to spending 20+ hours a week on this game if that were the case.

Also, it would give me incentive to level up/gear up my alts. This new system that makes it so expensive and detrimental to upgrade pushes away the prospect of gearing up alts when it should be encouraged. I heard the argument made all the time in the past about, "We don't want the players to run out of things to do when they get the best gear, so we made gearing a much larger grind." - To me that's such a hollow and short-sighted excuse when we have players complaining about not having enough slots for all of their alts on all of the different servers.

I can't be the only one who, once I got my main to BiS, wouldn't even think twice about gearing up my alts; and with people having dozens of characters - sometimes on both servers, I refuse to believe people were getting bored with gearing up to the point where the game had to be changed to make getting one single character to BiS as the ultimate end goal.

It seems kind of funny but it seems like BHS took the opposite solution to two separate problems that should have been swapped. Leveling is too fast, so people don't have enough time to actually learn how to play their class before getting thrown in with the veterans who tear into them for not knowing how to play this game at 65+. And end-game gearing is too slow and people of every manner are burning out due to unrelenting and unnecessarily punishing grind.

If BHS would update NA so that leveling slowed down a little, and made end game gearing easier, I wouldn't be surprised if this game actually stopped hemorrhaging players and maybe started to get a few back.

• in 2012-2014 you can wipe multiple times in dungeon level low ... when release a new dungeon take minimum a week for one party can beat , for get last set take time too ... BUT now wipe in low dungeon is IMPOSSIBLE , when release new dungeon ... 20 min later , people skilled . GG

• FainallFainall ✭✭✭

@Jerichow said:

I agree @counterpoint I really hope BHS will adjust the feedstock and gear rates in the future if possible. I love the idea of leveling up my alts gear, but I hate the idea of endless grind for said alts

Also, it would give me incentive to level up/gear up my alts. This new system that makes it so expensive and detrimental to upgrade pushes away the prospect of gearing up alts when it should be encouraged. I heard the argument made all the time in the past about, "We don't want the players to run out of things to do when they get the best gear, so we made gearing a much larger grind." - To me that's such a hollow and short-sighted excuse when we have players complaining about not having enough slots for all of their alts on all of the different servers.

I can't be the only one who, once I got my main to BiS, wouldn't even think twice about gearing up my alts; and with people having dozens of characters - sometimes on both servers, I refuse to believe people were getting bored with gearing up to the point where the game had to be changed to make getting one single character to BiS as the ultimate end goal.

This right here...I want to level up and gear up my alts, but I don't want to grind forever. I don't know why they think endless grinding is so much fun. And before anyone accuses me of just "wanting everything handed to me" that is not what I am saying. I am saying I just don't want to spend years gearing alts so if I want to play something else for a day I can.

• Krafton or BHS or EME kill all casual players. If you dont get HO 3 before this patch and you're not a good player you're rip.
    Make all theses dailys for fail without get exp % is just s.tupid.

• Game started out sub to play. Was nearly dead before the switch to free to play model. so not the answer so much. the latest trend in the way they are doing things is not for the better though.