[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Error fff0:0000

Comments

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, old thread, but I got this error like 4 times yesterday out of nowhere. Think it might have been server lag though as everything seemed pretty busy yesterday. Last night all was working fine again. Hopefully, nothing ended up corrupted.

• I had to run a repair to fix it one time because every time game loaded it would crash with fff0:0000, after repair game launched fine, but I will still get the error when switching chars the game will crash but then loads right back up without another repair.

• @LoadedGamer said:
    I had to run a repair to fix it one time because every time game loaded it would crash with fff0:0000, after repair game launched fine, but I will still get the error when switching chars the game will crash but then loads right back up without another repair.

That's really bizarre -- it implies that something is modifying one of the files for some reason if a repair fixes it.

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

@LoadedGamer said:
    I had to run a repair to fix it one time because every time game loaded it would crash with fff0:0000, after repair game launched fine, but I will still get the error when switching chars the game will crash but then loads right back up without another repair.

Yeah, It was always when I was changing characters to.

• MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

@Christin said:

@LoadedGamer said:

Yeah, It was always when I was changing characters to.

Had this happen as well.

• LoadedGamerLoadedGamer ✭✭
    edited October 2019

A file being corrupted more like, and the repair only fixed it from happening on the game launch that ONE time.... it still happens when im loading other chars and click my other monitor it seems... while that's still speculation on my part as its pretty random. Happens the most if im switching chars for sure!

also this never happened prior to the recent patch

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

@LoadedGamer said:
    A file being corrupted more like, and the repair only fixed it from happening on the game launch that ONE time.... it still happens when im loading other chars and click my other monitor it seems... while that's still speculation on my part as its pretty random. Happens the most if im switching chars for sure!

also this never happened prior to the recent patch

I think in the last 6 months, I've gotten that error once. However, after this last patch, I got it three times in one day. Today, however, I have not gotten it yet. Could be the servers are just busy. I think that error happens when data isn't retrieved from the server fast enough. Not sure though.

• I deactivated all Windows 10 updates a few months ago and since then , I have had zero issues.
  • Just posting this to hopefully help anyone with similar issues.
    Tera stopped launching when the Update KB4515384 was installed some time back. I managed to uninstall it and paused Windows 10 updates, and that allowed me to play Tera again. Soon, I had to allow Windows 10 to do some updates which obviously screwed Tera launching again. I tried for several days and Tera still couldn't launch. Pretty much gave up on this game. I couldn't even uninstall ( Update KB4515384) as it didn't show up anymore. Just today I tried this which worked!!

• I have MSI Afterburner installed with RivaTuner Statistics. I closed these programs and Tera was able to launch again!!

THis would mean I don't have anyform of control on the GPU fan but shouldnt be an issue as I don't play the game on High Settings and temps never went high. If anyone has MSI Afterburner installed and running, try to close it and see if Tera runs. Hope this helps!

• I have this "Error fff0:0000" problem now also since the Oct 29 patch they did on tuesday. Tried the repair in the launcher a few times.

I also tried running the game in windows 10 and windows 7, both gave the same error. Closed down all antiviruses, all graphics overlays like msi/riva and still won't load. The game crashes at startup and gives that error. My win 10 and 7 use different display driver versions and all round are very different so the problem isn't the OS, its something inside the game folder that is crashing it which repair should fix if there was a corrupt file?

I have another old PC with the game on it which I haven't updated for several months, I may try that if have some extra bandwidth but can't spend several gigs to test that out right now. I don't have that KB4515384 installed either.

This game is a total mess, I have no idea how its still profitable to keep running.

• MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

@Liverneck said:
    I have this "Error fff0:0000" problem now also since the Oct 29 patch they did on tuesday. Tried the repair in the launcher a few times.

I also tried running the game in windows 10 and windows 7, both gave the same error. Closed down all antiviruses, all graphics overlays like msi/riva and still won't load. The game crashes at startup and gives that error. My win 10 and 7 use different display driver versions and all round are very different so the problem isn't the OS, its something inside the game folder that is crashing it which repair should fix if there was a corrupt file?

I have another old PC with the game on it which I haven't updated for several months, I may try that if have some extra bandwidth but can't spend several gigs to test that out right now. I don't have that KB4515384 installed either.

This game is a total mess, I have no idea how its still profitable to keep running.

Suggest copying the tera folder to the old pc in that case.

Regarding profit, I'd presume loot boxes.

• LiverneckLiverneck ✭✭
    edited November 2019

I figured out where my fff0-0000 error was coming from. It was from the TERA\Client\S1Game\Config directory where all the INI files are. No idea which file was bugged but I replaced that folder with another one from my other computer after I updated it and that fixed it.

Maybe one of those files were missing/corrupted or not updating properly which must have been causing the crash.

I'm not sure why the repair function didn't fix those files, maybe it wasn't scanning them properly?

So anyone having that problem, maybe make sure you find a way to delete that folder and force the game to redownload it or restore it from some backup you may have of it. I actually don't think the game repair replaces files properly always, because I deleted my tera.exe files as a test and it never redownloaded them. Some people may want to use the steam repair of the game, i've found that often does replace files more often.

• @Liverneck said:
    I figured out where my fff0-0000 error was coming from. It was from the TERA\Client\S1Game\Config directory where all the INI files are. No idea which file was bugged but I replaced that folder with another one from my other computer after I updated it and that fixed it.

This is a good find. One possible reason for this (might not have been your reason) is that a lot of game optimization guides a long time ago recommended that people set those conf files to read-only to prevent them from being overwritten by the game. So this could explain why the patcher wasn't able to replace them (since it usually runs in user-mode, not admin).

• this should be addresses to EME here is pointless, like other complains that i was seeing, i believe that the forum is just a crappy method to distress the whole [filtered] and bad implementation of this game in the west, i'am back since 2016 and i believe that i will quit once again, i always gave Tera another opportunity because all know that this game have the best combat system out there, otherwise i quit once and for all, other than there is nothing to play atm, eme need to put in place a plan to improve this game because 2020 will be a year of new MMORPG launches, am i wrong just check by yourself how many games will comes out and make your own decision.

• edited January 20

EDIT: Sorry, didnt realize this was an old thread, how do I delete this comment?

For some days now I have tried getting into the is game; I keep running into this error code. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but everytime I pres Play the game looks like it is about to start, then the screen goes white for a few seconds, and then quits back to the launcher which then shows the "TERA Error Error code: fff0:0000

I dont know what to do at this point, it seems the game is hellbent on not letting me want to play it. I can only guess at how many potential players they are losing this way....