EnMasse's 25hr ExtraLife is current atm

got an email stating they are live streaming the 25hr extra life atm
doesnt seem like they're doing anything in game atm as i havent seen any mention of it here or on their discord
and the stream seems dead as !
what ever happened to the hype , and the events that encouraged players to log in and/or donate to the cause
just seems so sad even to the point there were only 60 odd watching the stream when i opened it and less buy the time i shut it shortly after

Comments

  • I remember a donation stream they did where players could summon bosses into the server if they donated a certain amount. That raised quite a bit, and the best part was when someone summoned 10 Vergos stacked on top of each other. We had the whole server participate and a lot of people got their head achievement from it too.

  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭

    i still have pics on my pc somewhere of that
    was so much fun
    and as like you said people donated heaps just for the chaotic fun
    at each lvl of donations they would do an in game event as well

  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭

    Well thanks eme for making that on site announcement of extra life... not watching this year. Can't even break 100 viewers. I guess thats why they didn't bother making a news post. Disappointment.

  • eh, what's the stream about? lol

  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

    @39HATFDXLY said:
    eh, what's the stream about? lol

    the 25hr live stream is an EnMasse thing to raise funds for the kids of a certain hospital
    its run for years (but dont think it happened last year)
    and they use to do all types of things and events in the 25hr's to help raise the money

  • edited November 2019

    It's nice that they decided they wanted to try to do it again, but I agree that it was too last-minute and poorly-advertised. They did promote it on social media and in the new EME section of the Launcher, but when you don't have a regular pattern of doing streams anymore with an established audience it's hard to build hype. Part of that is also obviously because EME no longer has a Community Team anymore, so doing something like this is because some people on the staff stepped up and volunteered. So, it's a good gesture they're doing on the weekend to try to raise some money for charity, and I hope they are successful, but yeah -- it's not going to be the same as years past when it was a major event.

  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

    @counterpoint said:
    It's nice that they decided they wanted to try to do it again, but I agree that it was too last-minute and poorly-advertised. They did promote it on social media and in the new EME section of the Launcher, but when you don't have a regular pattern of doing streams anymore with an established audience it's hard to build hype. Part of that is also obviously because EME no longer has a Community Team anymore, so doing something like this is because some people on the staff stepped up and volunteered. So, it's a good gesture they're doing on the weekend to try to raise some money for charity, and I hope they are successful, but yeah -- it's not going to be the same as years past when it was a major event.

    They would have had a bigger audience had they let the community know before hand within a weeks advance, and make possible tier thresholds when they raise x amount of money you unlock said tier for said event. I asked about extra life in discord and all I got was crickets. Face it, eme is just lazy now. All they do is make 1 news post a week with "This week in TERA" and most of it is just copy and pasted. Back in the old days they made news posts all the time when new items and events came out, they don't even really do events anymore anyways, thats why the game is how it is now.

  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭

    is there even a list anywhere of the possible rewards for donating x? i get that it's supposed to be "for charity" and that it's reasonable to not expect anything in return, but they've always at least offered something in the past, and their extralife page doesn't mention anything about it

  • edited November 2019

    @LancerJiva said:

    @counterpoint said:
    It's nice that they decided they wanted to try to do it again, but I agree that it was too last-minute and poorly-advertised. They did promote it on social media and in the new EME section of the Launcher, but when you don't have a regular pattern of doing streams anymore with an established audience it's hard to build hype. Part of that is also obviously because EME no longer has a Community Team anymore, so doing something like this is because some people on the staff stepped up and volunteered. So, it's a good gesture they're doing on the weekend to try to raise some money for charity, and I hope they are successful, but yeah -- it's not going to be the same as years past when it was a major event.

    They would have had a bigger audience had they let the community know before hand within a weeks advance, and make possible tier thresholds when they raise x amount of money you unlock said tier for said event. I asked about extra life in discord and all I got was crickets. Face it, eme is just lazy now. All they do is make 1 news post a week with "This week in TERA" and most of it is just copy and pasted. Back in the old days they made news posts all the time when new items and events came out, they don't even really do events anymore anyways, thats why the game is how it is now.

    Because back in the day they had a community team that was focused fully on these kinds of things, and now there's no community team. I'm not disagreeing with the result you're saying, only the reason why. It's not personal laziness, it's because someone on high decided that it wasn't worth spending money to have people engaging with the community. I personally think it was a bad decision too. But that's just why I'm saying that I don't want to be too harsh against the volunteers who decided to do this for charity even though it isn't related to their job anymore. (That obviously doesn't mean the event itself is beyond criticism just because it's for charity. Of course it can be criticized.)

  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

    @counterpoint for CM 2020!

  • DXMDXM ✭✭
    edited November 2019

    @metagame said:
    is there even a list anywhere of the possible rewards for donating x? i get that it's supposed to be "for charity" and that it's reasonable to not expect anything in return, but they've always at least offered something in the past, and their extralife page doesn't mention anything about it

    I don't think the list was ever really up like they kept saying on stream, but the following were some of what I gathered from watching. I did donate too :)

    $5 - Entry into raffle for an Elin archer statue
    $10 - Have one of them roll a die and based on the number rolled that person would have to drink the corresponding liquid
    $25 - Extra Life QT title (might have spelled it wrong)
    $35 - Heart of Gold title
    $100 - Have of of them dye their hair, this changed into having Bearshoes cutting off part of his beard
    $200 - Play a game of your choice
    $300 - Get an Elin archer statue outright

    Donations were not cumulative, so if you wanted both titles you would need to donate twice, once at $25 and once at $35.

  • @LancerJiva said:

    @counterpoint said:
    It's nice that they decided they wanted to try to do it again, but I agree that it was too last-minute and poorly-advertised. They did promote it on social media and in the new EME section of the Launcher, but when you don't have a regular pattern of doing streams anymore with an established audience it's hard to build hype. Part of that is also obviously because EME no longer has a Community Team anymore, so doing something like this is because some people on the staff stepped up and volunteered. So, it's a good gesture they're doing on the weekend to try to raise some money for charity, and I hope they are successful, but yeah -- it's not going to be the same as years past when it was a major event.

    They would have had a bigger audience had they let the community know before hand within a weeks advance, and make possible tier thresholds when they raise x amount of money you unlock said tier for said event. I asked about extra life in discord and all I got was crickets. Face it, eme is just lazy now. All they do is make 1 news post a week with "This week in TERA" and most of it is just copy and pasted. Back in the old days they made news posts all the time when new items and events came out, they don't even really do events anymore anyways, thats why the game is how it is now.

    @counterpoint Exactly!!! i joined yesterday and there was only 46 ppl watching the stream lmaoo!! and as you said '' ''make a possible tier thresholds when they raise x amount of money and view you unlock tier event''. that would have been A LOT inifnite BETTER.

Sign In or Register to comment.