[PC] We are aware of issues surrounding the event EP booster, and are working to resolve this. Currently, we are working towards having this fixed on Tuesday, 02/25 in a hotfix maintenance. We will have further details as we approach this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Please bring back Corsairs Stronghold

Comments

• > @TheCatalyst said:
    > I like cs too. But its riddled with hax and exploit.
    > And its not just cs too. Pvp in tera is nothing more than just a hax contest, who haz the best script/ injector.

This is what truley ruined the Tera experience for my wife and I with endgame PVE content. It is sad that people need to feel the urge to cheat to be "better" than the other guy....

What really get me is that these, scripter/hacker/injector people then have the audacity to tell you to "get gud" your dps is "meh"....

Because of this, I really do not involve myself with higher ilvl dungeon anymore. I just log on with my full +9 sc gunner and pop a few RM runs and log off. It keeps it fun that way.
  • FuelynFuelyn ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Whether you agree with it or not, as long as another player can attack another play, it's PvP. That's Player vs Player. As long as that still happens, which it does just not as much, it means PvP is still kicking. Even if it's barely.

Claiming PvP is dead doesn't help with the case. This is not one of those cases you claim negatively about in hopes that the party in charge of it sees to change it. I do agree that old PvP was much much better. But telling Devs that PvP no longer exists gives them more of a reason to completely scrap it, when instead there can be an attempt(Even if in vain) to get that old PvP back. Or at least something close to it. If you've given up on the game(Or just PvP), then that's just dandy, I don't understand why hang around in Forum trying to discourage others, but you do you.
    I know this is BHS we're talking about and they're...well they're BHS..., but going around saying PvP is dead doesn't help anyone that likes TERA PvP, only those that want the system gone. Keep in mind PvP players do spend money and also do PvE.

Luniack pretty much nailed the whole CS debacle. Especially the whole grid problem. Being the only healer in the team, while fair, is not the best BG to que due to the problems he has listed.
    I truly appreciate they added mats to the BG shop. Sadly I haven't gotten my shot at it because all that ques up is Grid and, due to the previous problems stated, I just plainly don't have fun in Grid. If it's not fun, why bother?

On another note, yes PvP is riddled with people using 3rd party.
    I understand it help PvE players greatly, but at this point, I sort of wish for ban back as to how many people use it on PvP.

• AnungAnung ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Well if you want to talk about hacks, you must be objective and consider the same thing with pve, cuz let me tell you that a lot of people in those proxys discord servers are paying good money for private modules with extra things to make the dungeons easier and run everything faster, so if the game don't stop those things and let the users use those "softwares" freely, don't expect to have a transparent and fair game experience either pve or pvp.

• LuniackLuniack Velika Outskirts ✭✭✭

We can't compare the glory of the great battles in Alliance, the massive GvG on Nexus, times when if Lancer died, every raid ended up wiping, my dear PvP was the neighborhood fights on lumbertown bridge and fey forest, Crescentia. also. Me and the rest of Fufufu (old school players may remember that guild).
    But interpretations aside, PvP is PvP, Corsair Stronghold we face players not Mobs or Bosses, I understand your point in arguing that PvP was formerly better but saying that CS is not PvP is the same as saying that Tera is not multi player but solo game that doesn't even have to connect to the internet.

As for "hack, scrip" PvE has an unbelievably higher amount than PvP, but no one complains because those who die are mob and bosses rather than players, except for those who live copying who finishes the fastest dungeon or who has the biggest. DPS.

But back to the subject, those who say "PvP is dead" are the same as those who say "Tera is dead", these people may even be right, but they keep popping up on topics just to spam these things all the time and not have Whether a constructive argument doesn't deserve attention, it's like kids stamping their feet for not gaining sweetness. "I'm going to tell everyone that the game has died so more people will lose interest and if they want will try because I am the most unhappy person in the world and everyone has to accept my unhappiness"
    So my dear friends, it's fake news and low shared self esteem.

Finally I ask all the constructive arguments, I believe as I believed when I requested that radiant jewelry items be placed in the bellicarium store and En Masse Staff solved this, I believe they are also here seeing all the comments for a solution, and no one of Staff is a kindergarten caregiver for reading cry.

• The problem with PVP is, there is no incentive to play it anymore, other than the fun of playing PVP. As of a few patches ago, battlegrounds yield no rewards which help PVE. The weekly PVP event, Civil Unrest, yields ZERO PVP rewards. As of the latest content patch, Civil Unrest rewards are useless for the new content. To fix this, PVP battlegrounds need to include rewards for new PVE content.

Civil Unrest needs to reward players with PVP materials and new PVE materials.

How to fix PVP, by encouraging people to play battlegrounds:

Bring back weekly battleground-specific boosts. This will encourage players to play different battlegrounds. If all BGs are equally-boosted, players will farm GRID, as it gives the best reward/time. Discourage this by boosting specific battle grounds each weekend, including GRID.

Add PVE feedstock boxes to CS and SH. Don't over-do it, but make it an incentive. One for CS. Two for SH.

Boost CS rewards to be better than GRID. CS should have better rewards, because it requires more people and more cooperation. Consider adding one PVP plate box to CS, to elevate people to SH. Add two on bonus weekends. Don't make CS rewards equal to SH. Make the rewards better than GRID. Find a middle ground.

Change restrictions on the number of healers in PvP:
    1. Let Gridiron have 1-2 healers on each team. The BG would require more cooperation and raid leaders who can mark and direct. It would make it a serious BG instead of two teams head-butting each other.
    1. Let SH have 1-2 healers on each team. Same logic as adding another healer to GRID.

Add PvP rewards to Civil Unrest. Scale them so lower-placing guilds still get decent rewards, to encourage them to come back. It's a 100% PVP event and it gives ZERO PVP rewards. It's simply obnoxious this hasn't been done, since the introduction of PVP gear months ago.

Fix the raid bug which causes people to join, appear dead, and is a game-breaking bug in CUV. As I type this, we're going into four weeks of this bug in CUV. Fix it.

Create a way to convert PVP particles to plates. Make it expensive. Make it require farming battlegrounds, but MAKE it.

I get that this is a farmy grindy game. That’s fine, but we get it on both ends. Farming PVP enchanting materials is impossible now. Incentivize and vary PVP content. Give PvP rewards for CUV, which is a 100% PvP event. ~~

• @Hazytea said:
    The problem with PVP is, there is no incentive to play it anymore, other than the fun of playing PVP. As of a few patches ago, battlegrounds yield no rewards which help PVE. The weekly PVP event, Civil Unrest, yields ZERO PVP rewards. As of the latest content patch, Civil Unrest rewards are useless for the new content. To fix this, PVP battlegrounds need to include rewards for new PVE content.

Bring back weekly battleground-specific boosts. This will encourage players to play different battlegrounds. If all BGs are equally-boosted, players will farm GRID, as it gives the best reward/time. Discourage this by boosting specific battle grounds each weekend, including GRID.

Add PVE feedstock boxes to CS and SH. Don't over-do it, but make it an incentive. One for CS. Two for SH.

Boost CS rewards to be better than GRID. CS should have better rewards, because it requires more people and more cooperation. Consider adding one PVP plate box to CS, to elevate people to SH. Add two on bonus weekends. Don't make CS rewards equal to SH. Make the rewards better than GRID. Find a middle ground.

1. Let Gridiron have 1-2 healers on each team. The BG would require more cooperation and raid leaders who can mark and direct. It would make it a serious BG instead of two teams head-butting each other.
    1. Let SH have 1-2 healers on each team. Same logic as adding another healer to GRID.

Add PvP rewards to Civil Unrest. Scale them so lower-placing guilds still get decent rewards, to encourage them to come back. It's a 100% PVP event and it gives ZERO PVP rewards. It's simply obnoxious this hasn't been done, since the introduction of PVP gear months ago.

Fix the raid bug which causes people to join, appear dead, and is a game-breaking bug in CUV. As I type this, we're going into four weeks of this bug in CUV. Fix it.

Create a way to convert PVP particles to plates. Make it expensive. Make it require farming battlegrounds, but MAKE it.

I get that this is a farmy grindy game. That’s fine, but we get it on both ends. Farming PVP enchanting materials is impossible now. Incentivize and vary PVP content. Give PvP rewards for CUV, which is a 100% PvP event. ~~

I hope they read your idea because it's fantastic, if they make something like this I'm pretty sure more pvp people will come back to the game including me. Honestly I was tired of those monopolized queues from the people in Kaiator.

• FuelynFuelyn ✭✭
    edited November 2019

There's a lot of great ideas from the community to get PvP to spark again but Devs need to dedicate time for it. Every time a PvP update comes by I see old players pop up again cuz they want to see if it's good again. There are still players waiting for it to return to what they enjoyed, even if they don't play it anymore.

@Anung said:

@Hazytea said:
    The problem with PVP is, there is no incentive to play it anymore, other than the fun of playing PVP. As of a few patches ago, battlegrounds yield no rewards which help PVE. The weekly PVP event, Civil Unrest, yields ZERO PVP rewards. As of the latest content patch, Civil Unrest rewards are useless for the new content. To fix this, PVP battlegrounds need to include rewards for new PVE content.

I hope they read your idea.....

As far as I'm aware they don't check the Forums as much as back then.
    When the topic about the BG shops not having jewelry mats came up back then, I believe someone relayed the information to the TERA Discord and that's how they became aware of it and went and added mats to the BG shop. So anything that gets posted here might need to get link at to their Discord or summarized for them to see.

• LuniackLuniack Velika Outskirts ✭✭✭

Excellent ideas @Hazytea !

Well, another thing I want to share with you is about the new Gear, I already hear people talking about wearing boots and gloves as they give more defense and damage as new attributes have been imposed on the game being them "Physical and Magical Damage" , Physical and Magic Resistance "This has created an imbalance in PvP, everyone is aware that not everyone has the ability to do PvE the more High End PvE unless it is P2W enough to buy this Gear from Trade Broker.

PvP equipment urgently needs a revision, or a buff that makes new PvE equipment useless in PvP, as well as PvP equipment is useless in PvE.

Just imagine you with all your +9 PvP gear getting ridiculous damage, when you don't hit hit with someone who has parts of the PvE gear, yes, they will have a huge advantage by having the new attributes not found in the PvP gear, I would only recommend Physical and Magic resistance attributes on PvP equipment, so people with PvP equipment won't do any damage to Mobs or Bosses, but they won't take damage from people with PvE equipment either.

In the end, placing enchantment items from the new PvE gear in the bellicarium store can actually encourage PvE players to look for a new farming alternative once their dungeon coins run out.

• @Fuelyn said:
    There's a lot of great ideas from the community to get PvP to spark again but Devs need to dedicate time for it. Every time a PvP update comes by I see old players pop up again cuz they want to see if it's good again. There are still players waiting for it to return to what they enjoyed, even if they don't play it anymore.

@Anung said:

@Hazytea said:

When the topic about the BG shops not having jewelry mats came up back then, I believe someone relayed the information to the TERA Discord and that's how they became aware of it and went and added mats to the BG shop. So anything that gets posted here might need to get link at to their Discord or summarized for them to see.

So what is the point of having these forums if what you are saying is true? This is very disappointing, isn't it? but anyway thanks for letting me know this.

• @Anung said:

@Fuelyn said:

@Anung said:

@Hazytea said:

So what is the point of having these forums if what you are saying is true? This is very disappointing, isn't it? but anyway thanks for letting me know this.

Some of us on Player Council at least try to monitor all the threads and pass along useful/constructive feedback. I passed along that post. But the problem with PvP is a lot less about "understanding what our region wants" (which is honestly pretty simple and has been the same core point for years: viability and reward/incentive structures that are co-equal to PvE), but getting the BHS developers to agree to do it. Their vision of PvP is so incredibly different than what NA players want, and they just don't seem to want to adjust the game for us differently than what K-TERA gets. It's a frustrating situation.

• @counterpoint said:

@Anung said:

@Fuelyn said:

@Anung said:

@Hazytea said:

Some of us on Player Council at least try to monitor all the threads and pass along useful/constructive feedback. I passed along that post. But the problem with PvP is a lot less about "understanding what our region wants" (which is honestly pretty simple and has been the same core point for years: viability and reward/incentive structures that are co-equal to PvE), but getting the BHS developers to agree to do it. Their vision of PvP is so incredibly different than what NA players want, and they just don't seem to want to adjust the game for us differently than what K-TERA gets. It's a frustrating situation.

You just said the big disappointment to the pvp community, I can't believe that developers can be so stupid ... I mean, the publisher on this side of the world should gather information about what people want, and if that information is something relevant to them, they should make a decision in favor of that community, but deny everything we ask or ignore the requests simply because they have a vision designed for a small part of the world, I would honestly say that it is the stupidest thing I have ever seen, but well I don't get anything complaining here, if things are like that, it all depends on them, thanks for letting me know this.

• Thank you for passing it along.
    It's a real bummer since this is the only MMO that has a satisfying combat for PvP. Closest to it is BDO, but it's so grind heavy. Even with TERA's new patch.

• @Fuelyn said:
    Thank you for passing it along.
    It's a real bummer since this is the only MMO that has a satisfying combat for PvP. Closest to it is BDO, but it's so grind heavy. Even with TERA's new patch.

well yeah kinda, I play bdo too but at least the gear last longer there, but yeah the game is more grindy than tera.

• edited November 2019

The issue is there is no reward in pvp. What is the most rewarding thing you can get? Silver talents that are becoming useless.

PvP was alive before because you could use it for

a) "fun"
    b) to make money
    c.a) to progress your gear that was good for both contents.
    c.b) even if you only played ONLY pvp before, you could at least get rewarded by progressing just your pvp gear, because alliance still existed and was profitable at the time.

Now it's down to "fun", there's no money left to make doing pvp compared to pve content, and you get nothing to progress your overall gear anymore. You get to progress your pvp gear to +6 doing CS, that is only good for pvp. The only unequalised pvp left in the game is SH and Team 3s (lol btw), which again, lacks both B and C. CU became a joke with the current population and every player left congregating into one of two big guilds on each server.

Also going to c.b - weekly alliance would net you anywhere from 5k to 50k iirc based on rank, in an economy much less inflated than the current one. Where you could buy elite for 20k gold vs the 200 or 300k it is now. High end costumes were like 40k-60k gold or less depending on time. Now you get what, 20k for a cu and a box of worthless mats? That's another reason why CU is a joke, and thus, pvp is a joke. The creme de le crop grand event that you build your pvp gear up for is relatively worth FAR LESS than the thing that it was meant to replace..

tl;dr if you want CS etc to pop, then the root of the issue has to be addressed, not bandaid fixes with "double credits" etc

• Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭

Put sea chests back in cs.