Companion Appearance Change Voucher

The description does not say you lose the Companion when the item is used. I used this on one companion and the other was consumed. Even the photo shows arrows on each pet like they swap. I feel some what cheated.https://static.enmasse.com/store/tera/20190822_High_Stakes/Appeance_Change_large.jpg

Comments

• Companion Appearance Change Voucher

Use to change a companion's appearance. A companion wearing a style item cannot use this item or be used as an appearance material.

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

@HitokiriXD said:
    The description does not say you lose the Companion when the item is used. I used this on one companion and the other was consumed. Even the photo shows arrows on each pet like they swap. I feel some what cheated.https://static.enmasse.com/store/tera/20190822_High_Stakes/Appeance_Change_large.jpg

I don't get it. So did it just change the companion over to a pet then? What was consumed? Oh, so you maybe thought the change was temporary then?

• ErazusErazus ✭✭
    edited November 2019

@Christin said:
    I don't get it. So did it just change the companion over to a pet then? What was consumed? Oh, so you maybe thought the change was temporary then?

Let's say you have 2 companions. One looks like Cocomin and the other looks like Loo. You want your Cocomin to look like Loo because your Cocomin is 45 fellowships while the Loo has 37 fellowships but you prefer the appearance of the Loo. So you use that voucher so your Cocomin now looks like a Loo. But if you do that, you completely lose the companion with 37 fellowship which was a Loo.

The image, as shown by OP, is extremely misleading because of the arrows basically saying that it swaps rather than any sort of consumption. I would not doubt that it is made on purpose so that happens (for people to spend more because of their [filtered] up).

• Is it going to be hidden behind a loot box?
  • @Erazus said:

@Christin said:

Let's say you have 2 companions. One looks like Cocomin and the other looks like Loo. You want your Cocomin to look like Loo because your Cocomin is 45 fellowships while the Loo has 37 fellowships but you prefer the appearance of the Loo. So you use that voucher so your Cocomin now looks like a Loo. But if you do that, you completely lose the companion with 37 fellowship which was a Loo.

The image, as shown by OP, is extremely misleading because of the arrows basically saying that it swaps rather than any sort of consumption. I would not doubt that it is made on purpose so that happens (for people to spend more because of their [filtered] up).

Thank you for explaining it better.

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

@Erazus said:

@Christin said:

Serious? Wow, that is awful. I know I made a thread asking what companions we could change the appearance to, so you have to have the companion already that you want to change the other into? So in order to change one of my companions to Loo, I have to already have a companion that look like Loo? That voucher seems so flipping messed up if it really does eat a companion. I mean we can have more than one of the same companion, so I don't get why it would eat up an already existing companion. Plus, they don't have any detail really saying what that voucher does or how it works. That is simply awful.

I was thinking of getting one, because I wanted my cocomin to look like my violette but not if I have to give up my actual violette in order to do so. Plus, they don't even specify that we can only change the appearance into something we already have. The whole thing just seems like a nightmare tbh. I ddin't see the image as swapping, I thought it meant you could change the appearance back if you wanted. Either way, it's misleading and confusing.

• edited November 2019

They updated the store text now to use the same text as the in-game tooltip: "Use to change a companion's appearance to look like another companion (which will be sacrificed)." (I guess the tooltip did say this, but if it were me I would have put a big in-game warning like "This will sacrifice the original pet and cannot be undone. Are you SURE?" Like so much about these companions, it's not great...)

Definitely send in a ticket if you bought this under a misconception.

• ErazusErazus ✭✭
    edited November 2019

@counterpoint said:
    They updated the store text now to use the same text as the in-game tooltip: "Use to change a companion's appearance to look like another companion (which will be sacrificed)." (I guess the tooltip did say this, but if it were me I would have put a big in-game warning like "This will sacrifice the original pet and cannot be undone. Are you SURE?" Like so much about these companions, it's not great...)

Definitely send in a ticket if you bought this under a misconception.

It used to not have that in-game tooltip text of (which will be sacrificed), even the KTERA version of the item does not mention the sacrifice part. Oh and I did, lost a companion that I spent basically 9m gold on. They gave me 5 smoothies and 5 10% item exp boots for 1 hour lol... I definitely need those things especially since I've been level 70 since day 3 of level 70 patch and new gear not requiring any item exp...........

A real joke of a support.