[PC] We are aware of issues surrounding the event EP booster, and are working to resolve this. Currently, we are working towards having this fixed on Tuesday, 02/25 in a hotfix maintenance. We will have further details as we approach this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

With this new gear now...

Since the new gear shoved on us doesn't use crystals, don't you think it's pretty much time to remove niveots from loot boxes? They were a dud prize before, now they are just about worthless.

Comments

• FainallFainall ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I bought ONE of those new stupidly priced loot boxes and got 4 niveots out of it....seriously 3 bucks for a stupid loot box and this is what is in it? NO, just no. I am not buying one single loot box more if that crap is in there. And why are loot boxes 3 bucks each now???? That is just too much.

• MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

@Fainall said:
    I bought ONE of those new stupidly priced loot boxes and got 4 niveots out of it....seriously 3 bucks for a stupid loot box and this is what is in it? NO, just no. I am not buying one single loot box more if that crap is in there. And why are loot boxes 3 bucks each now???? That is just too much.

Very good.
    Now we only require more players to speak with their wallets.
    Unfortunately, the only language companies seem to understand.

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

@MargaretRose said:

@Fainall said:

Very good.

Tell the in-game players that. Maybe then we'll get something resembling progress.

• Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭

@Fainall said:
    Since the new gear shoved on us doesn't use crystals, don't you think it's pretty much time to remove niveots from loot boxes? They were a dud prize before, now they are just about worthless.

Amen to that.

• @Fainall said:

I thought you better than that, Fainall. =)
    Buying a Loot Box ... tsk tsk

• https://steamcharts.com/app/323370

The numbers are falling and this trend is the same for non-steam users also.
  • @kori83 said:

@Fainall said:

I thought you better than that, Fainall. =)
    Buying a Loot Box ... tsk tsk

I know, temptation overtook me with the shiny black costume. But nope...no more not at 3 bucks a pop.

• @MatrixOfLeaders said:
    https://steamcharts.com/app/323370

The numbers are falling and this trend is the same for non-steam users also.

With new laucher dont need steam anymore . That is why these data are not reference

• fromsector7fromsector7 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

@MargaretRose said:

@Fainall said:

Very good.

"companies" need money ... They do not live on miracles. Video games are not a right, it is a luxury. enjoy the reality

• FainallFainall ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

@fromsector7 said:

"companies" need money ... They do not live on miracles. Video games are not a right, it is a luxury. enjoy the reality

I have always said that I get that it's a business and they need to earn money. I understand that part. But 3 bucks for a loot box...I have to think they are just pushing it to see what they can get away with. I would be much more likely to buy some if they were half that much. But I am not going to spend 3 bucks to get utter useless garbage in each one like niveots which have been rendered all but useless with the new gear. And you know the odds of getting the rare costumes from them is low. I saw three total go across the screen from people winning them while I was on today, and I was on for a good part of the day because I am sick and couldn't do much else. So that means one of two things, either people just aren't buying them because they are too expensive or the drop rates are terrible.

• edited November 2019

@Fainall said:

@fromsector7 said:

I have always said that I get that it's a business and they need to earn money. I understand that part. But 3 bucks for a loot box...I have to think they are just pushing it to see what they can get away with. I would be much more likely to buy some if they were half that much. But I am not going to spend 3 bucks to get utter useless garbage in each one like niveots which have been rendered all but useless with the new gear. And you know the odds of getting the rare costumes from them is low. I saw three total go across the screen from people winning them while I was on today, and I was on for a good part of the day because I am sick and couldn't do much else. So that means one of two things, either people just aren't buying them because they are too expensive or the drop rates are terrible.

Really, this is mostly an argument for posting the odds. Most of the lootboxes these days have been 195 EMP (an increase from the old normal of 150 EMP, but whatever). It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the odds for this new lootbox were 50% better than the 195 EMP ones, but nobody knows. Everyone's left to their assumptions that probably it's just a price raise with the same low odds and EME is being greedy. If they'd just post the odds, people would know whether the odds justify the extra price, and it'd quell this sort of speculation (and if people know the odds justify the price, more people would buy).

That and a failure cap should be the bare minimum for lootboxes, as I've always said...

@fromsector7 said:

@MargaretRose said:

@Fainall said:

Very good.

And we're not walking credit cards, we're customers.
    Right? Nothing is a right. Even basic supplies have to be earned.
    I "enjoy" reality everyday, thank you.

edited November 2019

Basically, it's like being a customer at a restaurant.
    You like the restaurant and goes there often.
    Now, the dessert is expensive and tastes bad.
    You give feedback.
    Next time you purchase the dessert, it's still expensive and it still tastes bad.
    You already purchased, disliked and gave feedback.
    What's the use in complaining you're unsatisfied if you keep purchasing it?

• kori83kori83 ✭✭
    edited November 2019

@Fainall said:
    I know, temptation overtook me with the shiny black costume. But nope...no more not at 3 bucks a pop.

Hehe, you caved!
    I'm holding onto my precious remaining EMP for a card pack... whenever those are added to the cash shop.
    And I better be able to purchase the cards I want.
    None of that "get 20 random fragments" crap. :s

@MargaretRose said:
    Basically, it's like being a customer at a restaurant.
    You like the restaurant and goes there often.
    Now, the dessert is expensive and tastes bad.
    You give feedback.
    Next time you purchase the dessert, it's still expensive and it still tastes bad.
    You already purchased, disliked and gave feedback.
    What's the use in complaining you're unsatisfied if you keep purchasing it?

We gave feedback - it just somehow, horribly, went the other way

Next time you purchase the dessert, it's still expensive and it tastes even worse

• They actually aren't useless though. I mean annoying yes but you could always feed your Crystals to your pets so you can get a partner. That's what I do anyway.