XP Scrolls are useless

thanks for wasting my time downloading tera again.

exp scroll gives an insignificant, useless small experience for each scroll

really a dead game with worst events ever

congratulations the failure is all yours

Comments

• any game is a waste of time .

• If you're talking about the exp scrolls from the celestial scales, I actually think the amount of exp you get is very generous when you consider the rate you get scales - though this will vary depending on your activity of course.

My only complaint is that every single exp scroll takes up its own inventory slot, and you have to use them one at a time with a cooldown in between.

• wasting of time = going to mc . a valkyrie lv70 with HO+0 FAIL dps . slayer lv67 with just weapon sc+0 triple damage than the valkyrie

• Probably using spacebar.
    I used to do that too (I'm 67 with HO)
    Then I learnt a manual rotation, which achieves Ragnarok much sooner. Valks flat out suck without it.
    So the lv 70 Valk isn't guilty of doing anything wrong, they just aren't achieving Ragnarok/Godsfall fast enough, thereby leading to dps loss

• this happend when nerf dungeon lv low ...

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

The thing about XP scrolls is that you want to use them in bulk. Just one here and there isn't going to do much. But if you can grab, say, 20 and then use them at once, then the investment doesn't seem so bad.

You know those games where the raw numbers make something look worse than it actually is? That's how this looks.

• TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭

No, the scrolls really are that bad. The whole point is to help people get to level 68, right? Level 67 - 68 alone is 24 billion xp; that's equal to 600 of these xp scrolls. Even using 20 at a time is a drop int he bucket. They're a fine little extra if you're running dungeons with the mindset that you'll get there eventually, but if you're trying to level at all quickly, you're hunting caimans since even with these scrolls as a bonus, caimans are still much, much faster. In 2 hours yesterday, I got more xp hunting caimans than I would have with 2 days worth of xp scrolls from scales.

• FainallFainall ✭✭✭
    edited November 14

@TJKat said:
    No, the scrolls really are that bad. The whole point is to help people get to level 68, right? Level 67 - 68 alone is 24 billion xp; that's equal to 600 of these xp scrolls. Even using 20 at a time is a drop int he bucket. They're a fine little extra if you're running dungeons with the mindset that you'll get there eventually, but if you're trying to level at all quickly, you're hunting caimans since even with these scrolls as a bonus, caimans are still much, much faster. In 2 hours yesterday, I got more xp hunting caimans than I would have with 2 days worth of xp scrolls from scales.

The other day I did caimens for 2 hours, we got 3 fakes and no portals. It's RNG like everything else. At least the scrolls are a guarantee even if it's small. Even with that they had to add that RNG factor because even though the box and key is a guarantee you might get 1 scale, you might get 5...I think the players are legitimately suffering from RNG fatigue on this game. Not to mention once again the obvious choice was a simpler one, buff the caimen spawn rate. They always take the hardest route to get somewhere. I know they think the event will keep people playing, but if they buff the caimen spawn rate it will still get people playing. We all have alts to level. Alts we WANT to level but as it stands right now it would take years to level them all. This event will allow you to maybe level 1 or 2 depending on how much time you have.

• Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭

I agree 40m for a scroll is way too low maybe like 150m xp might be more reasonable

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, I'm not saying they're good, just that it's clear they weren't designed to be used every now and then. I myself ran the numbers and getting from 68 to 69 with just scrolls takes something like 824 ducking scrolls.

Fortunately, they only cost a single scale and you can get oodles of scales from dungeons if you have the wherewithal to run them. So there's that.

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

Each scroll will get me a whole 2 millimeters worth of XP. Yeah, just not really bothering with the whole scale event. It sounds like more of a grind than grinding caimen.

• edited November 15

You are all just a bunch of lazy people, farming some dungeons to get scales + caiman for one hour (with elite) is enough to lvl a lot in a day and lvling doesn't really get annoying till you start doing it with alts but if you get bored or annoyed on your main character... well you won't be able to handle what you've to do after because when you start needing to farm for your gear then gold and materials just to try and fail really often in any part you're enchanting is when the game start getting stressing and "hard". The spawn rate of the portals being too low was understandable when people was complaining but this event scroll is just good enough to help anyone lvl faster, just stop being so lazy because as i said it just get harder and not easier after reaching 70.

• Concepcion30Concepcion30 ✭✭✭
    edited November 15

The news post about this event gave the impression that you had two options of getting from 65 to 68. Basically you log in and do at least one VG and collect the scales from that or you do dungeons and get scales that way. But from what I'm hearing in this post, it will be impossible to get from 65 to 68 with the log-in scales alone?

I understand the idea behind it to make you play the game, thus the dungeons. I was thinking there needed to be a quicker method to 68, but maybe this one is just a test before they can figure out what will work better.

• > @Concepcion30 said:
    > The news post about this event gave the impression that you had two options of getting from 65 to 68. Basically you log in and do at least one VG and collect the scales from that or you do dungeons and get scales that way. But from what I'm hearing in this post, it will be impossible to get from 65 to 68 with the log-in scales alone?
    >
    > I understand the idea behind it to make you play the game, thus the dungeons. I was thinking there needed to be a quicker method to 68, but maybe this one is just a test before they can figure out what will work better.

Here's the thing. It's not impossible at all. I play over on Eu who also had this event. I managed to from 66 to 68 using the scrolls and running a lot of mc. It took me a week of very light playing. It's possible it's just a long process.
  • I will use the very topic I created to talk about it:

yes everyone can see that koreans are focused on bringing players back it's great i say thank you developers very much by open eyes and try hard but without change (decrease) the exp curve will be useless., that's are the point forgoten useless if you give 1.000.000.000 gold for retunring player if they back and see how boring leveling are they will quit again

1. Returning Player System (added 11/13)
      Increased applicable level to between level 65 to level 70
      Adjusted to significantly increase Returning Player reward
      Player will now receive Stomcry gear, Azart gear, Relic/Halidom, Skill Advance/Option Scroll, and other necessary items to progress from the Returning Player box
      Items received from each level-specific box is the following :
      Level 65 :
      2,500x Dawnstorm Token
      Combat consumables
      50% Federation Hero XP Boost (15 days)
      100% EP Boost 100 (14 days)
      15% Skill Advancement Boost (1 day)
      Quest Scroll - Macellarius Catacombs I
      Arborean Guardian Gear box
      Level 66 Returning Player box
      Level 66 :
      Karas’ Halidom II