Elin valk is going to be a thing

I am not sure when but tera Europe confirmed today that Elin valk is going to be a very real thing.

I mean it's cool but makes 0 sense lore wise. Why do we even need Elin everything? We need some more high elf or castanic classes. Heck even popo I don't mind the Elin class but come on...

Comments

• allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭

because more people buy the cute elin outfits than any other race. its all about the money. they have to pay the bills and elins are little cash cows

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

As far as the lore is concerned, a real easy way to fix that is to have a line saying "[CLASS] was first created by [RACE], but has since expanded worldwide." Easy peasy lemon squeasy.

Regarding elin [CLASS], @allofspaceandtime hit it on the head. SEA in particular seems to enjoy "cute" things (obligatory mention of blog post), so you take the "cute" race and give them all the options, there you go. I hate it as much as the next person who doesn't play elin, but there's not but so much we can do about it (...currently).

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

Heard the same over 6 months ago and no release on Krafton's side yet. It doesn't matter much to me, but it would be nice to be allowed 24 slots to finish up my third page of toons.

• > @Christin said:
    > Heard the same over 6 months ago and no release on Krafton's side yet. It doesn't matter much to me, but it would be nice to be allowed 24 slots to finish up my third page of toons.

From what eu said Elin valk is out on k-tera. Could be wrong but it also seems the Elin cards are Elin valks so who knows. It'd just be nice to have something besides Elin.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭

Well, you might just get your wish, because after valk, there won't be any classes left to Elinify.

• i found that on the official tera korea homepage but cant read it . for me it looks like its actually already confirmed

• Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭

@XxKingOfKnightzxX said:

i found that on the official tera korea homepage but cant read it . for me it looks like its actually already confirmed

am i the only one that noticed bunny ears and fox tail on that pic?

• > @Elinu1 said:
    > (Quote)
    > am i the only one that noticed bunny ears and fox tail on that pic?

I noticed it too lol
  • @TJKat said:
    Well, you might just get your wish, because after valk, there won't be any classes left to Elinify.

Hmm they might have to actually fix things now rather than mask the games dying with more classes for elins.

• Have u seen their bunny mount? Its like they never seen a bunny before..

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

They really do need to open up everything to all classes. It's sad seeing just a few races be able to use the latest classes.

• FainallFainall ✭✭✭

@Elinu1 said:

@XxKingOfKnightzxX said:

i found that on the official tera korea homepage but cant read it . for me it looks like its actually already confirmed

am i the only one that noticed bunny ears and fox tail on that pic?

I also notice she has green eyes

• I hate elins and don't play any. I made a ninja once and deleted it quite quickly. Just couldn't stand to look at it

• FainallFainall ✭✭✭

@RonLaw said:
    I hate elins and don't play any. I made a ninja once and deleted it quite quickly. Just couldn't stand to look at it

I really do think they need to have male versions of everything but valkyries. Valkyries in mythology were always women so that does make sense and it would be odd to have male valkyries. But I don't get why they keep certain classes like ninja and gunner female? Sure I like elins, but I am a girl. There are lots of dudes playing this game who I am sure don't want to be cute little loli's, but want to play those classes. It makes no sense. I am rooting for the guys Ron! Get those male gunners and ninjas already!

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fainall said:

@RonLaw said:
    I hate elins and don't play any. I made a ninja once and deleted it quite quickly. Just couldn't stand to look at it

I really do think they need to have male versions of everything but valkyries. Valkyries in mythology were always women so that does make sense and it would be odd to have male valkyries.

While I don't disagree with the core argument (i.e. X is and should always be Y because mythology), it would hold more weight if TERA took place on Earth and thus would have Earth's "rules" (which is why I also find it weird that some valk skills actually use Old Norse terminology). As far as we know at least, certain mythos aren't a thing in TERA, so who knows how certain things would end up?

That said, agreed on everything else. Hell, I don't play male characters but even I can see the current drip-feed of character choice is getting frustrating. I know - elin = more money, yadda yadda yadda, see my earlier post.

What the hell happened to BHS? One of the reasons most of liked TERA was because they didn't do s--t like this.