[PC] We are aware of issues surrounding the event EP booster, and are working to resolve this. Currently, we are working towards having this fixed on Tuesday, 02/25 in a hotfix maintenance. We will have further details as we approach this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Feels like tera is becoming more inactive lately

Maybe its just me, but I feel like since the patch alot of the community has become more and more inactive. When I used to play back on a different server pre-VK/KT we had almost the same activity level that we have currently on the server. Idk if this is a good sign or a bad sign, but I was just wondering how others felt about this. Any thoughts on the matter?

Comments

• MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

That's because the new patch sucks [filtered] and swallows!
    Seriously, never saw anything bad like this in almost 6 years.

• Game is dying at a more accelerated rate thanks to BHS/Krafton's more blatant P2W schemes and greedy micro-transactions. Not to mention all these new extremely grindy systems such as Skill Advancement, Card collecting, the new random gear and the cost and rng involved to enchant it. Hopefully they will see the numbers and make some significant changes before it's too late.

• @MargaretRose said:
    That's because the new patch sucks [filtered] and swallows!
    Seriously, never saw anything bad like this in almost 6 years.

Yup. The decision making on en-masse side is questionable too.
    For example, the new/old dungeon Forsaken island 'Hard' is, in actually Extreme mode. No resurrections allowed. (untill last boss %35)

This is fine, for an active game full of players willing to learn and teach and experiment and spend hours on a dungeon.
    But knowing the game is lacking players, what did they do ? Release normal mode and Extreme.

would have been better if it was Hard mode and Extreme.
    Obviously that dungeon is not off limits, but because the learning curve is so steep, it is relegated to only those with tight knit group willing to teach/learn and the few willing to spend hours learning an old dungeon.

But this is not your player-base right now. You're bleeding players and you want the few, new or staying players to keep learning/trying new dungeons. So why release normal mode, where you learn practically nothing, then suddenly extreme mode with no resurrections ?

Again, i'm not saying the dungeon is un-doable, this is just one of the many examples of how en-masse doesn't really understand the current state of their game. Just really bad decision making back to back.

• @PGLAN7DL7G said:
    For example, the new/old dungeon Forsaken island 'Hard' is, in actually Extreme mode. No resurrections allowed. (untill last boss %35)

FWIW, this isn't a choice they have; it comes to them the way it is.

• Tera eu has a pretty high population still...granted they pretty much spoon feed you the mats you need to enchant gear.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, most players just want to have fun, and lately, everything really has been for the extreme end gamers. Granted, there are a lot of extreme end gamers out there, but the majority of players are casual players that see this game as an endless grind. No doubt they are simply overwhelmed even if they get to 65 and call it quits. I think if I had started recently, I would just move on to. That entire card system is ridiculous along with experience points, item xp, partners, and all of the rest of that nonsense. Having level 68 gear (no matter if it's good or not) be 250g is just so beyond pathetic and sad. New players try to buy needed weapons and see a flood of 68 gear sold as though it is trash. How did Krafton not know that this is how it was going to be? Gear is still sellable even though they acted as though the new update was going to solve the problem of players just buying their way through everything. They made it seem like players were going to have to grind for their own gear. So, really nothing has changed except that the green gear is thrown around like trash, and soon, the blue gear will follow. Just shocking really.

• MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

@Christin said:
    Yeah, most players just want to have fun, and lately, everything really has been for the extreme end gamers. Granted, there are a lot of extreme end gamers out there, but the majority of players are casual players that see this game as an endless grind. No doubt they are simply overwhelmed even if they get to 65 and call it quits. I think if I had started recently, I would just move on to. That entire card system is ridiculous along with experience points, item xp, partners, and all of the rest of that nonsense. Having level 68 gear (no matter if it's good or not) be 250g is just so beyond pathetic and sad. New players try to buy needed weapons and see a flood of 68 gear sold as though it is trash. How did Krafton not know that this is how it was going to be? Gear is still sellable even though they acted as though the new update was going to solve the problem of players just buying their way through everything. They made it seem like players were going to have to grind for their own gear. So, really nothing has changed except that the green gear is thrown around like trash, and soon, the blue gear will follow. Just shocking really.

Well, after all these years of bad decisions, etc...
    It's clear they don't play their own game. So how would they know?

Just make people grind new gear and buy new innerwear.
    For myself looks like: "Let's keep pushing, see how far we can go."
    On the other hand, let's see if that feedback will actually have any value.

At any rate, what's done is done.
    Guess we can all "enjoy" this pinnacle of disgrace patch.

• A 7 year old game will die sooner or later.

• @Christin said:
    Yeah, most players just want to have fun, and lately, everything really has been for the extreme end gamers.

What? No. Lately, nothing has been for the extreme end gamers lol.

• I enjoyed my first experience in tera when the quests were relevant and you didn't fly/teleport everywhere instantly. I enjoy the flying yes, and teleporting, but when you actually had to travel, you got to see all the environments, and a lot of them were really creative. Now we just kinda push through dungeons without stopping and looking around, and that to me is boring. Everyone else is realizing it IS boring that way xD the extra grind types don't help.

• As someone said, "this is a game with 7 years old" which has several MAJOR technical problems that the developer didn't wanted to adapt to the modern times in which we live, in addition to this, many people already see Tera as an outdated game and unlikely to continue playing, but nowadays the people who play tera are mostly players who have a lot of time and money invested, people who love to [filtered] " with elins too" and casual people who still cling to what was the game in their golden times, the only thing I liked about Tera in his last stages was the pvp, but after seeing all this of the completely death in the battleground and the uncontrolled use of 3rd party software that allows and promotes the use of exploits,scripts and unfair cheats, I will stay away from this game until something like a Tera 2 comes out "if it ever came out" with an updated engine, in the meantime I will return to black desert.

• @Anung said:
    As someone said, "this is a game with 7 years old" which has several MAJOR technical problems that the developer didn't wanted to adapt to the modern times in which we live, in addition to this, many people already see Tera as an outdated game and unlikely to continue playing, but nowadays the people who play tera are mostly players who have a lot of time and money invested, people who love to [filtered] " with elins too" and casual people who still cling to what was the game in their golden times, the only thing I liked about Tera in his last stages was the pvp, but after seeing all this of the completely death in the battleground and the uncontrolled use of 3rd party software that allows and promotes the use of exploits,scripts and unfair cheats, I will stay away from this game until something like a Tera 2 comes out "if it ever came out" with an updated engine, in the meantime I will return to black desert.

That part right there, the mods. This morning I was killing the monster for the superior guardian and I was at the top of the list. Someone came in with a weaker class with much lower gear/ilvl and hit it ONCE and suddenly had the top slot. And they were ahead by ALOT. There is no way without a mod. I see this all the time, people using mods have a huge advantage. I keep getting told I do no damage and that I am a bad player and every time I find out they are using a mod. I challenged one of them to try it without a mod. They did, and they did extremely poor damage compared to what they were doing. I am starting to find that to be an issue. I am not a bad player, I just don't use any type of a cheat, but it's making me not want to play again.

• lmao. Stay waiting for "TERA 2" or "update" xD
    This game is trash in all of sense, but the [filtered] "gameplay" keep me play it lol....
    And thanks to 3rd party software this game still live. People with 200ms can play with class like archer or gunner. The diference is stu.pid of play with 20ms to 200ms, so that say something like "cheat script or smh" is bulls.hit. Try play with high ping and comeback to say "Hey is fun play with 200ms", when you can death when see rapid fire at high ping"

• tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭

i play from australia with higher ping than 200 and i still wont use the cheats !
    i like the combat system in this game and thats whats kept me going with it
    and yes i do believe among'st a few reasons this game has turned people off is the blatant use of the third party scripts and enmasse's flip fop approach to this use , but they have trouble just running the game anyways as it seems

• Konatta98Konatta98 ✭✭
    edited November 2019

i play from South Africa and dont use any cheat :^)