High Ping

Hi,
Anyone have ping issues after the last maintenance?. I play normal with 100ms, after the last maintenance play with 170 to 250ms.... Have 2-3sec of delay and well.....

Comments

• TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭

Right after last maintenance myself and several people I was playing with noticed some massive ping spikes. I was peaking at 500ms or more when I'm normally always under 100ms. I think it's gotten better since then, but I still get the occasional spike, usually in the middle of a one-shot mechanic.

• Konatta98Konatta98 ✭✭
    edited November 2019

I just stop play until they fix this s.tupid lag.... can't do CU with 350ms.... and they never say something about ping spike problems just ban or closed threads....

• MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

My my, it is just a coincidence that it started happening after a maintenance.
    It is always, I'm afraid, the ISP's fault.

• edited November 2019

For those impacted by this sort of issue, please send your diagnostic info and traceroute to [email protected] A confluence of data is the only way of understanding the root cause, whether it's the server, the route, or whatever. I can at least say that whatever is going on for you in this thread is not impacting everyone globally, so there is something else going on.

• Keep in mind to do the traceroute when you experiance this high ping. There's no use in having a high ping at 8pm prime time and doing a traceroute at 3am when the whole town is asleep.
    I paused Tera for ~2 years and learned a lot about servers, network, etc.