Comments

• MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasn't aware of this.
    Thanks for pointing it out.
    Have a mystic I'd like to level.

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

Is this permanent or temporary?

• TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭

So, are they posting these things and keeping them hidden, then un-hiding them a day later? Because that post is dated the 25th but it wasn't there yesterday, or even this morning. The same thing happened with the last set of patch notes; it was dated the day before the patch, but didn't actually show up in the forums until after the patch was underway.

I ask because when you mark all topics as viewed it marks these hidden posts too so when they actually do become viewable, they the new post icon beside them and get overlooked.

• @TJKat said:
    So, are they posting these things and keeping them hidden, then un-hiding them a day later? Because that post is dated the 25th but it wasn't there yesterday, or even this morning. The same thing happened with the last set of patch notes; it was dated the day before the patch, but didn't actually show up in the forums until after the patch was underway.

I ask because when you mark all topics as viewed it marks these hidden posts too so when they actually do become viewable, they the new post icon beside them and get overlooked.

I don't think it's went into effect until today, but all the exp you had from before is applied and it will show you farther along now.

• edited November 2019

@TJKat said:

From what I understand, they have a hidden section of the forum where they prepare news posts in advance so they can be reviewed internally before they're officially posted, so this is probably why it has an earlier date. Then when the date comes, they just move it from the hidden section to the public section as a way to "go live".

I guess, for some reason, the "mark all topics as viewed" probably just stores a timestamp or something like "anything before x time is viewed" rather than actually figuring out which threads were actually accessible to you at the time... which doesn't work for this particular use case.

• @Fainall said:
    I just want to say thank youuuuuuuuuuuu! Now I can level all my alts! <3

You know what was really awesome, being 14% into level 69 and logging on after patch and suddenly being level 70. I haven't looked at all my characters yet, but I had 120% into lvl 66 on my archer too.

• This change is appreciated.