[PC] We are aware of issues surrounding the event EP booster, and are working to resolve this. Currently, we are working towards having this fixed on Tuesday, 02/25 in a hotfix maintenance. We will have further details as we approach this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

patch 88

Hello good night, I wanted to ask if patch 88 will come to the US. will be implemented here in NA

«1

Comments

  • It definitely will come soon, but they just haven't announced the official date yet. Hopefully they will announce the date soon.

  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭

    I would think close to the new year it would come based on EU timing

  • PGLAN7DL7GPGLAN7DL7G ✭✭
    edited December 2019

    what's in patch 88 ?

  • @Elinu1 said:
    I would think close to the new year it would come based on EU timing

    Patch 88 is live at EU server?

  • Maldicion159Maldicion159 ✭✭
    edited December 2019

    [filtered] this game
    this game is [filtered] torture
    this game is trash
    it can't even pretend to be good anymore
    literally nothing I care about except

    All players now start with 300 talent points. Existing characters with less than 300 points will be bumped up to 300.

    I have 312 EP at the moment.
    players who have done literally nothing will now have 12 EP fewer than I do
    and I get no additional EP (not that it would make any significant difference if I did because of diminishing returns)
    otherwise

    Permanently increase skill advancement XP by 50%

    this isn't an issue for me because even with 50% increase in rate the grind for SP isn't worth it.
    it's kind of pathetic though, "hey guys we're making a trash grind for something kinda big in the game, and generally don't give a flying [filtered] about this game anymore because we're about to drop AIR, but because the SP grind is so utterly trash don't you feel the need, *ahem* like it would good perk to take away some of the suffering if you got 50% more SP? subscribe to TERA today for more BS trash updates with nothing actually to do when you log on other PvP with racist, noob slayers who think gaming is only fun when they have the stuff that makes them automatically win"

  • how about an update to make it so we can actually have access to 100% of Velika rather than 80% or whatever it is now?
    a day/night cycle
    weather
    fill in the rest of the map
    something to do in the open world that isn't killing mobs

  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

    @Maldicion159 said:
    how about an update to make it so we can actually have access to 100% of Velika rather than 80% or whatever it is now?
    a day/night cycle
    weather
    fill in the rest of the map
    something to do in the open world that isn't killing mobs

    That doesn't shove cash into their or BHS's pockets, so yeah, that is not likely to get done. It's all about gear and store stuff, so expect more gear and gear levels along with more costumes, mounts and partner junk. That's all Tera is about anymore.

  • @Maldicion159 said:
    how about an update to make it so we can actually have access to 100% of Velika rather than 80% or whatever it is now?
    a day/night cycle
    weather
    fill in the rest of the map
    something to do in the open world that isn't killing mobs

    Day/night or weather is impossible because all the lighting in the whole game is manually set for each place. They'd have to completely rework the engine and lighting throughout the whole game to implement this, and a lot of the game's artistic style is based on this manually-set lighting.

    And, well, the last time people said they should give something to do in the open world that isn't killing mobs, we got fishing for better or worse. So it's not like they didn't try to listen to that kind of feedback... just not sure if that's what people were hoping for.

  • @counterpoint said:

    @Maldicion159 said:
    how about an update to make it so we can actually have access to 100% of Velika rather than 80% or whatever it is now?
    a day/night cycle
    weather
    fill in the rest of the map
    something to do in the open world that isn't killing mobs

    Day/night or weather is impossible because all the lighting in the whole game is manually set for each place. They'd have to completely rework the engine and lighting throughout the whole game to implement this, and a lot of the game's artistic style is based on this manually-set lighting.

    And, well, the last time people said they should give something to do in the open world that isn't killing mobs, we got fishing for better or worse. So it's not like they didn't try to listen to that kind of feedback... just not sure if that's what people were hoping for.

    2 more suggestions I have are upgrade to Unreal Engine 4
    and get ride of the glaring and unsubtle transitions between areas. I get that each area is supposed to be unique but it's pretty in your face about how artificial it is.
    Fishing is fine and I appreciate it. It isn't open world. There are designated fishing areas. It is suitable for something to do on a mobile phone or while doing someone else on your computer. It is not engaging or remotely stimulating.

    @Christin said:

    @Maldicion159 said:
    how about an update to make it so we can actually have access to 100% of Velika rather than 80% or whatever it is now?
    a day/night cycle
    weather
    fill in the rest of the map
    something to do in the open world that isn't killing mobs

    That doesn't shove cash into their or BHS's pockets, so yeah, that is not likely to get done. It's all about gear and store stuff, so expect more gear and gear levels along with more costumes, mounts and partner junk. That's all Tera is about anymore.

    making a game people want to play puts money in their pockets lol

  • @Maldicion159 said:

    @counterpoint said:

    @Maldicion159 said:
    how about an update to make it so we can actually have access to 100% of Velika rather than 80% or whatever it is now?
    a day/night cycle
    weather
    fill in the rest of the map
    something to do in the open world that isn't killing mobs

    Day/night or weather is impossible because all the lighting in the whole game is manually set for each place. They'd have to completely rework the engine and lighting throughout the whole game to implement this, and a lot of the game's artistic style is based on this manually-set lighting.

    And, well, the last time people said they should give something to do in the open world that isn't killing mobs, we got fishing for better or worse. So it's not like they didn't try to listen to that kind of feedback... just not sure if that's what people were hoping for.

    2 more suggestions I have are upgrade to Unreal Engine 4
    and get ride of the glaring and unsubtle transitions between areas. I get that each area is supposed to be unique but it's pretty in your face about how artificial it is.

    You're basically saying "I suggest you recreate the game" to them. If they were even going to consider something like this, it'd be better to just make TERA 2 and actually start over rather than trying to bolt it onto this game.

    Fishing is fine and I appreciate it. It isn't open world. There are designated fishing areas. It is suitable for something to do on a mobile phone or while doing someone else on your computer. It is not engaging or remotely stimulating.

    Just to be clear for the sake of the discussion, what's an example of open world content that you would like that "isn't killing mobs"?

  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

    How long do you both really think they will continue to let people just afk to earn gold?

    The legion quests were pretty cool until they nerfed them. Eventually, they will nerf fishing to.

  • @counterpoint said:

    @Maldicion159 said:

    @counterpoint said:

    @Maldicion159 said:
    how about an update to make it so we can actually have access to 100% of Velika rather than 80% or whatever it is now?
    a day/night cycle
    weather
    fill in the rest of the map
    something to do in the open world that isn't killing mobs

    Day/night or weather is impossible because all the lighting in the whole game is manually set for each place. They'd have to completely rework the engine and lighting throughout the whole game to implement this, and a lot of the game's artistic style is based on this manually-set lighting.

    And, well, the last time people said they should give something to do in the open world that isn't killing mobs, we got fishing for better or worse. So it's not like they didn't try to listen to that kind of feedback... just not sure if that's what people were hoping for.

    2 more suggestions I have are upgrade to Unreal Engine 4
    and get ride of the glaring and unsubtle transitions between areas. I get that each area is supposed to be unique but it's pretty in your face about how artificial it is.

    You're basically saying "I suggest you recreate the game" to them. If they were even going to consider something like this, it'd be better to just make TERA 2 and actually start over rather than trying to bolt it onto this game.

    Fishing is fine and I appreciate it. It isn't open world. There are designated fishing areas. It is suitable for something to do on a mobile phone or while doing someone else on your computer. It is not engaging or remotely stimulating.

    Just to be clear for the sake of the discussion, what's an example of open world content that you would like that "isn't killing mobs"?

    I don't want TERA 2 tho rofl
    The first game isn't even finished
    Retooling to UE4 would take 1/10th the effort of reinventing every mechanic, plus there's less risk of totally botching it

    Trade routes that involve guiding a caravan between cities is dynamic player driven content that is also open world
    It's also been done before and is universally loved in its present form in Silkroad Online
    There is also a player driven "thief" faction that revolves around intercepting said caravans

    that's all I got for now
    might think of more when I'm in the mood to

  • edited December 2019

    @Maldicion159 said:
    Retooling to UE4 would take 1/10th the effort of reinventing every mechanic, plus there's less risk of totally botching it

    Moving to UE4 would basically be a ground-up rewrite anyway. It's not a simple "retool" by any means. I feel safe in saying it's not in the cards.

  • retooling is never simple
    did I make it sound simple?

Sign In or Register to comment.